South Park

Guest Stabbitha

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is that the last episode then? There were obviously some pretty overt indications that they're getting tired of doing the show. It'd be a nice way to go out if it was - less big bang, more subtle and somber.

Considering most of the episodes were written by one guy, South Park's done an incredible job of keeping the quality up and the new ideas flowing through hundreds of episodes over 15 years. Can easily see how they might be tired of doing it though.

Is that the last episode then? There were obviously some pretty overt indications that they're getting tired of doing the show. It'd be a nice way to go out if it was - less big bang, more subtle and somber.

Considering most of the episodes were written by one guy, South Park's done an incredible job of keeping the quality up and the new ideas flowing through hundreds of episodes over 15 years. Can easily see how they might be tired of doing it though.

From what I understand, it's largely Trey who writes the episodes, particularly the more recent Series'. Total genius though. Really don't get people who sing the praises of the likes of 'American Dad' etc.

Emotional episode, can definitely see it wrapping up soon, which is obviously a real shame, but has to be done, better than the quality gradually degrading for years until everyone begins to hate it.

It kinda has been going downhill though. It's good! Don't get me wrong I will always watch south park, but it seems every episode is about current affairs now. I kinda liked it when it was less current and more about low-key stuff that seemed far more personal to the makers, stuff that only they would bother writing an episode about. I generally prefer material that seems passionate rather than something that feels like its a crowd pleaser. These days it's whatever is in the paper or what movie or video game is currently successful. It just seems less driven by their personalities and more driven by common subjects, and while that's always done quite well, it does feel a bit cheap.

Edited by Purple Monkey

It kinda has been going downhill though. It's good! Don't get me wrong I will always watch south park, but it seems every episode is about current affairs now. I kinda liked it when it was less current and more about low-key stuff that seemed far more personal to the makers, stuff that only they would bother writing an episode about. I generally prefer material that seems passionate rather than something that feels like its a crowd pleaser. These days it's whatever is in the paper or what movie or video game is currently successful. It just seems less driven by their personalities and more driven by common subjects, and while that's always done quite well, it does feel a bit cheap.

Huh really?!

I always thought the older episodes where just fart jokes and kids swearing. Even when i was a youngster i didn't think it was anything special.

Starting watching again about a year ago and found the newer seasons especially from Season 9 on-wards to be the best seasons.

However if the last episode is indeed the start of the end, well then better for it to go out with from memories rather than keep on going. Looking at you Simpsons, Looking at you.

I loved south park when it first started. Mainly because it was all swearing and fart jokes. Plus seeing Kenny get killed was funny too. But I was younger then.

Going back over the old episodes I still laugh but they are not anywhere near the quality they have been since season 6 in my opinion. They episodes over the last few seasons in particular have been brilliant.

I think its pretty much ever since it managed to step away from the main stream limelight it could pretty much go wherever the writers wanted it to.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...