Late night DJ recommendations

Bradboss

Hey everyone

Only just recently started getting a bit more into the late night aspects of Glasto and keen to get some good recommendations for this year. Usually tend to roam a bit at night but wanting to plan to get to some good acts. Quite excited for 4am Kru, A Guy Called Gerald and Surusinghe but still a bit lost on a lot of the line up!

Mainly into Drum and Bass / Jungle - but got a varied group this year so up for anything as long as it’s good to have a dance to

I enjoyed Babylon Uprising a lot last time. It's kinda hidden in plain sight, and I'm not generally a fan of that sort of music, but I found it a lot of fun (plenty of Jungle there too).

32 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

I enjoyed Babylon Uprising a lot last time. It's kinda hidden in plain sight, and I'm not generally a fan of that sort of music, but I found it a lot of fun (plenty of Jungle there too).

Agree, love the little tent. Not usually my kinda music but felt very welcome as an old fart / dad dancer. 

58 minutes ago, Garrypp said:

Agree, love the little tent. Not usually my kinda music but felt very welcome as an old fart / dad dancer. 

It's nicely placed so you can alternate between that and the bandstand too, so you can get a good variety! 🙂

Obviously if your specific here is "late night" you might want to wait until the line up comes out as at this point we do not know what time the acts are playing. 

A lot of the dance stages go all day and night. 

But in the meantime theres a huge electronica/dance thread with loads of recommendations 

Edited by Ben7amin_

I know this isn't a dancey recommendation, but if it's late night you want, try Mavericks. A very underrated late night area (it's what the poetry and words tent turns into after hours)

12 hours ago, Bradboss said:

Hey everyone

Only just recently started getting a bit more into the late night aspects of Glasto and keen to get some good recommendations for this year. Usually tend to roam a bit at night but wanting to plan to get to some good acts. Quite excited for 4am Kru, A Guy Called Gerald and Surusinghe but still a bit lost on a lot of the line up!

Mainly into Drum and Bass / Jungle - but got a varied group this year so up for anything as long as it’s good to have a dance to

You’ll be hard pressed to avoid drum and bass after hours, it’s everywhere. 

Best bet is to look at the E and D thread for specific recommendations, mate.

There’s a Google Doc floating about with links to sets from each act (it’s a work in progress and not fully finished, but plenty to get your teeth in to). 

11 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

My landlord is a DJ in there 😂

6 minutes ago, Bradboss said:

Cheers everyone- daft question, is Babylon Uprising near Left Field area? I’ve tried looking for it last two years and can never find it 

Not far off. As you come off the pyramid field and see the bandstand, hang a right and you get to Babylon Uprising. 

Late night question. How does the SE corner differ from Silver Hayes? Because of where I camped at my last Glasto, I spent most of my time at Hayes. Is the SE corner similar music-wise but just more bizarre as far as clientele and staging goes?

Edited by CanWeRest
Typo: of, not if

4 minutes ago, CanWeRest said:

Not far off. As you come off the pyramid field and see the bandstand, hang a right and you get to Babylon Uprising. 

Late night question. How does the SE corner differ from Silver Hayes? Because of where I camped at my last Glasto, I spent most of my time at Hayes. Is the SE corner similar music-wise but just more bizarre as far as clientele and staging goes?

Pretty much.

SH goes until 3am and the SE corner until 6am.

The latter has more in the way of staging/creativity to it, lots more going on visually. 

Silver Hayes got a revamp last year (and there’s another new stage this year). Musically it’s a great alternative to the SE corner, the programming the last 2 years has been exceptional. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Pretty much.

SH goes until 3am and the SE corner until 6am.

The latter has more in the way of staging/creativity to it, lots more going on visually. 

Silver Hayes got a revamp last year (and there’s another new stage this year). Musically it’s a great alternative to the SE corner, the programming the last 2 years has been exceptional. 

Ok, so if it's mainly music you're after I suppose there isn't much difference (visuals don't really interest me).

3 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

I know this isn't a dancey recommendation, but if it's late night you want, try Mavericks. A very underrated late night area (it's what the poetry and words tent turns into after hours)

Do they have music on later in the evening? Think this is where we saw Jonathan Pie last year.

9 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Do they have music on later in the evening? Think this is where we saw Jonathan Pie last year.

I think they poach acts they see in the circus/theatre areas and get them to do a late night performance for them (so the lineup isn't known very far in advance). So yeah, it's pretty much an old school variety show.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bradboss said:

Cheers everyone- daft question, is Babylon Uprising near Left Field area? I’ve tried looking for it last two years and can never find it 

It's in a tiny tent not a great big old stage so you may have walked straight past it, although it's pretty loud so hard to miss.

44 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

It's in a tiny tent not a great big old stage so you may have walked straight past it, although it's pretty loud so hard to miss.

Just a very nondescript off-white tent too. Yeah easy to walk past with all the madness going on.

Walked past Babylon Uprising loads of times and it's always overflowing but I've always thought the sound system is terrible... the organisers do seem to be really stamping the name out there though so would be surprised if they eventually end up with a bigger venue. Seems popular

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

I thought it was green, but maybe I don't know where it is either?

Oh, you may well be right. In my mind's eye it's just your bog standard beige tent material, but in my mind's eye I also look like Christina Hendricks, so not the most reliable.

6 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Oh, you may well be right. In my mind's eye it's just your bog standard beige tent material, but in my mind's eye I also look like Christina Hendricks, so not the most reliable.

I thought it was a small green military style tent that had the DJs inside and the crowd mostly outside but. Google shows me it's a green and white plastic marquee type tent. Anyone know if the tent they use has changed over the years?

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Walked past Babylon Uprising loads of times and it's always overflowing but I've always thought the sound system is terrible... the organisers do seem to be really stamping the name out there though so would be surprised if they eventually end up with a bigger venue. Seems popular

It's been there for decades, same place, same size - doubt they'll change up get a bigger venue any time soon.

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

I thought it was a small green military style tent that had the DJs inside and the crowd mostly outside but. Google shows me it's a green and white plastic marquee type tent. Anyone know if the tent they use has changed over the years?

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/babylon-uprising/

Some pictures of it here. Didn't remember the blue panels, but I was partly right lol

On 5/12/2024 at 8:35 AM, CanWeRest said:

SEC is far more varied music wise.

Silver Hayes is mostly tech house - SEC has a lot of the heavier techno, dnb / jungle etc

• Thanks 1