Desktop mode

tarw

what I would add is that Gold membership now has a 1 month option for those that might not fancy committing to a whole year . Ive been Gold on here for years and its much better than fighting the adds ... it also provides a steady income stream which will help the future of this site 

While theres a tech issues thread open - ads recently have been completely ridiculous. I often have to refresh multiple times to even be able to click on stuff. Particular issue is with obtrusive ads covering the profile buttons in the top right (and notifications), along with the latest activity section.

I completely understand the commercial purpose of adverts and do not run an adblock on efestivals to support the site, however there is a balance and when the site is lagging and covered in adverts its a bit too much really!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, tarw said:

Is there anyway of forcing desktop display mode for the forum? Since one of the recent updates it is virtually unreadable on an iPad. 
  @eFests   @Crazyfool01

unless its changed since i moved on the mode is decided by the device's  screen resolution  with the settings within the css (if you want to know what they are).

Edited by Neil

3 hours ago, Mambonumberfive said:

Same here. I have found it’s not so bad if I’m not signed in for some reason. 

i'd guess that when you're signed in you're using a different skin/theme to when you're not signed in.

i'd also guess that one of the forums software upgrades broke the css within the custom skins, because an upgrade was warning it would break the skins

• Upvote 1

just needs somone who knows about css to put it back, i can remember, the screen sizing css made my brain fizz even when my brain was still working ok..