UK Politics

kalifire

They’ve lost the plot accepting her in my opinion … she was attacking them on immigration last week . Shes horrible . That guy last week at a push but leave her there let them fight amongst themselves. 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

They’ve lost the plot accepting her in my opinion … she was attacking them on immigration last week . Shes horrible . That guy last week at a push but leave her there let them fight amongst themselves. 

it hurts the Tories, and that is all that matters. Ruthless and unpleasant.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Braverman

🤣 she thinks Sunsk is a leftie, so no (assuming you're being sarcastic).

The two latest ones have been positioned on key issues - health and boats - so very much expect the next one to be on another issue, possibly housing or education. Next week's PMQs likely for timing.

Actually, Elphicke just given statement on Sky News, and flagging up housing as another issue.

Sky presenter characterised her as old-school airline stewardess.

Edited by sheffinghell

Starmer on now, going on about "country first, party second"

He's walking a fine line, on taking in people like this, and knows it 

Edited by sheffinghell

35 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I wasn’t kidding Labour need to keep the f**k away from this woman 

She isnt running for MP again and wont be part of the campaign. 

Just a way to humiliate Sunak again. 

I imagine theyll be another defection next week during PMQs on another one of Sunak's election poles: the first guy was NHS, shes on immigration and housing. Next will be economy?

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

She isnt running for MP again and wont be part of the campaign. 

Just a way to humiliate Sunak again. 

I imagine theyll be another defection next week during PMQs on another one of Sunak's election poles: the first guy was NHS, shes on immigration and housing. Next will be economy?

I saw  that ... just wonder what Labour are doing to encourage this ? looks awful in my opinion for starmer to associate himself with her , purge the left and let in the right ... 😞 and  ones that were attacking his policy last week at that 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

I saw  that ... just wonder what Labour are doing to encourage this ? looks awful in my opinion for starmer to associate himself with her , purge the left and let in the right ... 😞 and  ones that were attacking his policy last week at that 

I guess the calculation is does more damage to Tories than to Labour...but this one is particularly sh*tty, and seeing a lot of anger from within Labour, so not sure worth it.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I guess the calculation is does more damage to Tories than to Labour...but this one is particularly sh*tty, and seeing a lot of anger from within Labour, so not sure worth it.

she can still do the Torys damage by remaining one , think this is a poor calculation by Starmer that will cause more issues than it solves , its also unnecessary with a large lead in the polls , why risk it ? 

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

If she was standing as a Labour MP. As shes off next election, and itll presumably help a lot in getting Dover, its probably fine as a political manevoure. Definitely shocked the tories as well

Edited by zahidf

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I guess the calculation is does more damage to Tories than to Labour...

There seem to be alot of votes available on the immigration issue. Its killing the Tories:

Edited by lost

5 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

They may receive training (as do the likes of Burgon, RLB) but you can’t just make them someone charismatic or a great communicator. The likes of RLB and Burgon just  dont have those attributes, no different to many on all wings of the political spectrum.

Do you see anyone on the labour left that you see could sell that message( beyond the converted) I am struggling but doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

erm, Angela Raynor

I could list heaps more with ease should I be bothered.

FYI I knew Mark Harper before he was an MP. He was an accountant and had the communication skills of a slug and was shy and hated being out in public.
Now he is Transport Secretary and manages fine under scrutiny and could well be a future Tory leader.

These companies can, and do, take useless people and create something that looks and sounds the part but is still useless.

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Mail/Tories aren't scared electorally, but gives the coalition of chaos narrative more bite. Greens are taking votes from Labour.

Some maths for you - if I vote Green that vote is 'taken' from every other party available for me to vote for - not just Labour......... and if Labour wanted Green supporters votes then they would have policies that they stuck to on Green infrastructure and not just an unfunded pledge.

32 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

she can still do the Torys damage by remaining one , think this is a poor calculation by Starmer that will cause more issues than it solves , its also unnecessary with a large lead in the polls , why risk it ? 

Why risk it you ask - cos certain voters might be more inclined to vote Labour again seeing a right wing immigrant hater who backs the Rwanda policy (despite Labour saying they will scrap it). Sadly there are plenty of people out there whose vote can be swayed based on simple headlines and actions.

It was a calculated risk and one taken on advice I am sure.

9 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Some maths for you - if I vote Green that vote is 'taken' from every other party available for me to vote for - not just Labour......... and if Labour wanted Green supporters votes then they would have policies that they stuck to on Green infrastructure and not just an unfunded pledge.

partonising post shocker. Just saying that Greens are taking votes away from Labour, like Reform are taking them away from Tories.

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Actually if she's going to advise on housing policy, it makes more sense

As awful as she is otherwise

ok, but let's not kid ourselves it was to get her on board to work as a housing advisor, it was to cause more chaos and disarray within the Tory party.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

partonising post shocker. Just saying that Greens are taking votes away from Labour, like Reform are taking them away from Tories.

LOL
Reform are picking up votes from all siders and also taking votes from first time voters as well.

Just connecting one party with losing votes from one other is pure folly and if you thought about it perhaps I might not need to be patronising............... but your, and others, go to is to attack and blame the Greens cos for some reason you seem worried that Labour might not win.

If they don't it will be cos they lost it by not being good enough, nothing more, nothing less.