UK Politics

kalifire

54 minutes ago, stuie said:

Haha that’s brilliant! No other new today so we’ll lead with 2 bullshit stories 😂😂

Classic distraction... Nothing to see here, move along.

Express on the other hand got the knives out for Sunak, and Braverman started her latest leadership bid in the Telegraph and on Laura K.

3 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

Braverman started her latest leadership bid in the Telegraph and on Laura K.

classic braverman we only need to be more nasty to win the election.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

anyone seen the braverman interview today, the woman is a fruitcake.

Just watched on iplayer. Her comments on Starmer and Labour were deranged. She's fuming that her plot has collapsed

stolen from facebook.

What is particularly interesting Suella is the composition of the your new Fareham and Waterlooville Constituency. Portchester Castle (Lib Dem), Portchester Wicor (Lib Dem), Downend and Wallington (Lib Dem), Fareham Town (Lib Dem), Fort Fareham (Lab) , Southwick and Wickham (Lib Dem), Denmead (Lib Dem)...most wards that returned a Tory are in the new Hamble Valley Constituency.

52 minutes ago, lazyred said:

I think the attacks on her are unfair. Her job is to ask these questions not to give them an easy ride. All the commentary I've read has mentioned the effect of Gaza.

She could have led with the positive results but instead she went straight in with that! 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

She could have led with the positive results but instead she went straight in with that! 

The viewing public, minimal for programmes like that, remember the end more than the start so starting with the negative likely did Labour  a favour.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Not sure I believe this account entirely as it seems quite biased … but this would put the cat among the pigeons 

IMG_8647.png

It's a leading, well respected news source for politics of all stripes. This guy could be one of them - he stood as a leadership candidate against Rishi and co. Or he could be launching a new leadership bid... hilarious thread, even Ladbrokes are teasing him. 

Screenshot_20240505-204933.png

Edited by sheffinghell

48 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Can’t believe Andy street’s partner is Michael fabricant. Never knew that

Wow, that is slightly mind-blowing given the two wildly different characters.

1 minute ago, sheffinghell said:

It's a leading, well reflected news source for politics of all stripes. This guy could be one of them - he stood as a leadership candidate against Rishi and co.

Screenshot_20240505-204933.png

fair enough ... they seem to keep posting about letters going in to 1922 comitee and never seems to come to fruition .... 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

fair enough ... they seem to keep posting about letters going in to 1922 comitee and never seems to come to fruition .... 

We won't hear anything until the crucial number is reached. And, I guess there's a possibility Sunak will be given other options - resign, call election, etc.

Just now, sheffinghell said:

We won't hear anything until the crucial number is reached. And, I guess there's a possibility Sunak will be given other options - resign, call election, etc.

yeah fair enough , just seems very clickbatey to me ... very much hope they are right 

14 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yeah fair enough , just seems very clickbatey to me ... very much hope they are right 

The original source is an ex-lobby journalist - he will have many contacts.

Ignore re Chisti - turns out he was just bigging himself up re a marriage proposal. 

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Not sure I believe this account entirely as it seems quite biased … but this would put the cat among the pigeons 

IMG_8647.png

looks like a fishing trip to me, someone trying to flesh out some rumours.

2 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

The original source is an ex-lobby journalist - he will have many contacts.

Ignore re Chisti - turns out he was just bigging himself up re a marriage proposal. 

bit of entertainment .... the soon was appearing like an Emily Glastonbury announcement definition