UK Politics

kalifire

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

hes trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

not sure it doesn't exist...the number off people of work due to illness has gone up more here since the pandemic than others in G7...and that is a problem for those people, and for the economy. Not sure there is an easy answer too, all individual cases, all complicated. We are a sick nation at the moment.

Edited by steviewevie

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

not sure it doesn't exist...the number off people of work due to illness has gone up more here since the pandemic than others in G7...and that is a problem for those people, and for the economy. Not sure there is an easy answer too, all individual cases, all complicated. We are a sick nation at the moment.

It's the 16 - 24 year old group both parties are worried about. I think I read it was 2% unable to work in 1998 due to anxiety & mental health,  its now in the teens 13% - 14%. Apparently the numbers started to shoot up around 2010 coincidentally the year instagram started.

Edited by lost

10 minutes ago, lost said:

It's the 16 - 24 year old group both parties are worried about. I think I read it was 2% unable to work in 1998 due to anxiety & mental health,  its now in the teens 13% - 14%. Apparently the numbers started to shoot up around 2010 coincidentally the year instagram started.

but we're not the only country to have instagram...

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Rishi Sunak is a vile human being. As someone that suffers from anxiety and OCD I can assure him the causes of this aren’t ’over-medicalisation’ at all. 

Sometimes I do wonder if his script writers are trying to see if he actually understands what it is he is saying.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

but we're not the only country to have instagram...

and we are not the only wealthy country to have more economically inactive people either - it is just we and the USA seem intent on solving all problems without immigration whereas other countries realise the need for it.

2 hours ago, lost said:

Apparently the numbers started to shoot up around 2010 coincidentally the year instagram started.

Come on though, there are some brilliant videos of fluffy animals on there 🐶 😾🐭

As the police do, once they get reports they look at the evidence.....

https://news.sky.com/story/police-reviewing-information-about-tory-mp-mark-menzies-after-alleged-misuse-of-funds-13118723

If there is wrong doing then further investigations and charges will follow - like they do for all regardless of age, sex, colour etc 😉

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

.and that is a problem for those people

he's a tory he's not meant to want to nanny people.

It's 4/20 day (I've no idea how those numbers have come to symbolise cannabis?) tomorrow so there's a mass spark up in Bristol's castle park.(And elsewhere).cos I'm in Bristol I hope the old bill are cool and not arresting.

53 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I truly believe this man will be a good PM.

because there's so many disused car parks there'll be a glut of new housing. 😛 

10 hours ago, steviewevie said:

if people are happy without work why force them, many aren't capable of work and are not considered employable by any known employer. i don't feel that i could deliver the required quality in any work task i might be assigned, not because i don't care, but because certain brain functions have been damaged with my brain injury, i have them detailed in a medical report i have somewhere, i forget what they are one damaged brain function is memory., another is strategic thinking; another concentration; mostly these don't give me much trouble, i try to adapt.

i'm quite happy living it up on your taxes, suckers 😛 , but i'd be quite happy to have my health and mobility back and have to work.

it is what it is, i'm not a skiver, i've been dealt a sh*t hand, (perhaps contributed to that myself, dunno?)

hope hes going to be down on  tory ex mp's too  seems to be a lot of them about at the moment enough to  be an identifiable group itself in the stats.

2 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

You are very mistaken as you will soon find out.

depends what the measure is?

will he succeed in improving things? yes, things are so bad he can improve them. 🙂 

49 minutes ago, Neil said:

because there's so many disused car parks there'll be a glut of new housing. 😛 

He’s gonna be such a good PM, the signs are right there. Their housing policy alone will improve things infinitely. 

3 hours ago, Neil said:

It's 4/20 day (I've no idea how those numbers have come to symbolise cannabis?) tomorrow so there's a mass spark up in Bristol's castle park.(And elsewhere).cos I'm in Bristol I hope the old bill are cool and not arresting.

Yes, I believe historically in Castle Park they've not intervened.

The origins...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)