UK Politics

kalifire

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

although don't think that Survation one had Greens winning any seats.

Just checked that Best for Britain Survation poll and it predicts a massive Labour win in Bristol Central! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Poll cherry picking 

That's what the reporter is doing. When I checked the detail of this poll recently it gave all the seats in Bristol to labour and none for the greens in the whole UK.

16 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_on_Scottish_independence

last 5 polls before the 2021 election (so just prior to greens entering government) put yes at an average of 43.6%

the last 5 polls from today puts it 45.2% 

case closed, took 5 mins of research btw you should try it sometime. 

I’ll await your apology 👍

How about an apology for all the SNP lies.

48 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

although don't think that Survation one had Greens winning any seats.

Correct thats what it said when I checked the detail.

6 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Modern Politics:

1) Make a sweeping statement as 'fact'
2) When proof shown that said statement is wrong change what you said
3) When it becomes obvious to you that this will not work move the goal posts
4) When this also does not work start to get angry
5) When that does not work and people who show the facts that proved your original statement to be wrong, insults are the next weapon.

Imagine if the way politics happens so often was how people acted in the real or cyber world as well.

It really would be good if politicians could just admit they were wrong.

this is green party politics when they're not taking money from tax avoiders., which is claim they'd win a seat in Bristol for every election for 15 years, win no seats and see labour win bigger majorities, repeat at each election and hope it changes, 

for next election, they'll lose the one seat they've had and win no seats.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

""Poll predicts Green co-leader Carla Denyer will win in new Bristol Central seat by siphoning off votes from disillusioned left""

Pretty clear I reckon that this was about a poll, one that used the 
“multi-level regression and ­post-stratification” approach too.

show me the poll with its detail then???

try reading that whole article rather than just the headline

and not swallowing the green hype, like try reading  where it says whats happened in previous elections, against weaker labour candidates.

1 hour ago, lazyred said:

wont work round here, the only housing development land is where people don't want to live, its the solution to nothing ....  might as well tell them to move to hull, which is  somewhere else there's houses people don't want to live in.

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

Correct thats what it said when I checked the detail.

different polls...the one in Guardian is MRP one by Mirror/Electoral Calculus/Find out now done a few months ago, the more recent MRP with no Green wins is by Best of Britain/Survation.

What we need is an actual election.

6 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It really would be good if politicians could just admit they were wrong.

or even party supporters, still waiting to hear the corbyn clan say they got it wrong, at least the foot supporters wised up .

Just now, steviewevie said:

different polls...the one in Guardian is MRP one by Mirror/Electoral Calculus/Find out now done a few months ago, the more recent MRP with no Green wins is by Best of Britain/Survation.

What we need is an actual election.

but point is Greens are targeting Bristol Central, because apart from Brighton this is the seat they have the most chance of actually winning.

58 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Just checked that Best for Britain Survation poll and it predicts a massive Labour win in Bristol Central! 

correct, the greens are bullshitting cos they're going to be wiped out. that polling shows zero green seats.

https://www.bestforbritain.org/spring-2024-polling

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

but point is Greens are targeting Bristol Central, because apart from Brighton this is the seat they have the most chance of actually winning.

trying to win it with bullshit, as i keep saying  there's less chance of them winning this time than there was last time.

can't wait to revisit the claims of a green win on election night as i'm confident  there's no chance, i get around loads of residential streets in Bristol (at a slow enough speed to take things in), there's shrinking indicators of green party support.

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I was referring to others who said the post was NOT about a poll, not that the poll was right or wrong.

when i said there was no poll, i was meaning there was no poll that showed that green support. that article is article by bullshitting greens press release.

they might as well be UKIP.

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

if you read that article you'll see they were targeting Bristol  seats in previous elections cos it was their best chance of winning.. came to nothing

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Talking of polls…

thanks, its predicting one green seat - not in Bristol, but i cant find where (not Brighton or not the greens 3rd best of Norwich from what i can see).

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

they stand no chance in Brighton with Lucas standing down, and there's only bullshit that they might win in Bristol. so looking bad for the greens, like ukip, they won't even get the leader elected.

they targeted Bristol in the last two elections without winning.

Edited by Neil

On 4/2/2024 at 1:08 PM, Neil said:

support for the snp has tanked.so say the polls, who reckon there'll be far fewer snp mp's at the general election. scots are not impressed with how scots are governing scots.

fact checked at indy supporting media "wings over scotland", who used to swallow everything indy, they've suddenly found a brain and voice to be critical. 

Neil & I had many long, detailed and tedious conversations during the indyref campaign. I was scrupulous in not using wings over Scotland to support any of my arguments as I recognised that, although he was probably the most prominent pro-indy site, his relationship with facts was, at best, debatable. On the rare occsaions I even mentioned him, Neil tore into me and pretty much accused me of consorting with the devil.

Funnily enough, now that he hates the SNP & is vying with Linehan & Rowling for the biggest transphobe award, Neil loves him.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

How about an apology for all the SNP lies.

How about addressing the point that polls suggest, that, despite a drop in support for the SNP, support for independence has not shown a similar drop?

Just now, LJS said:

Neil & I had many long, detailed and tedious conversations during the indyref campaign. I was scrupulous in not using wings over Scotland to support any of my arguments as I recognised that, although he was probably the most prominent pro-indy site, his relationship with facts was, at best, debatable. On the rare occsaions I even mentioned him, Neil tore into me and pretty much accused me of consorting with the devil.

Funnily enough, now that he hates the SNP & is vying with Linehan & Rowling for the biggest transphobe award, Neil loves him.

How about addressing the point that polls suggest, that, despite a drop in support for the SNP, support for independence has not shown a similar drop?

wings has found the honest voice it didn't have in all the years it was an snp lie-piece, the same years you swallowed the snp lies i ripped into you back then  for you  using wings to supportsnp lies.

if a pro indie ; pro scot greens site, is reporting that their policies are causing people to turn away, i believe there's some truth to it, especially when polling at the same time says the snp will lose loads of the seats its won previously.

even the Scottish police and Scottish prison service  won't support the Scottish govt policies and there's no complaints from the normally mouthy nats.

14 minutes ago, LJS said:

in the past times when you wanted support for indie  to rise, you'd quite happily link the two and claim a rise in support for indie when the snp won more  Westminster seats, now when its going the other way you won't entertain the idea of a link how odd! 😛 

Edited by Neil

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

disagree with that one.

i might do when i find out where the predicted green seat is!

found it - it says "The Greens would continue to hold Brighton Pavilion" which surprises me, everything else I've  read has said they're sure to lose it.