UK Politics

kalifire

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I have just listened to Sunak at his press conference.

I would have more faith in a drunk blind slug.

He rambles on not pausing for breath nor seeming to have any end to a sentence and somehow goes in half a dozen words from tRump to the UK having excellent reading skills.

He mons that Labour are 'not doing anything' - which any intelligent person would know is because they are not in government.

He really is quite out of his depth.

you moan that labour are not doing everything on your wishlist - which any intelligent person knows is because they live in the real world.

29 minutes ago, Neil said:

you moan that labour are not doing everything on your wishlist - which any intelligent person knows is because they live in the real world.

No party is doing everything on my wishlist.

The Greens say they have policies to do more than any other party.

Labour has policies that go directly against things on my wishlist.

Does me not wishing to vote Labour because of these things mean I am unintelligent or is this just the ready decent into personal insults we have grown to expect?

34 minutes ago, Neil said:

NOT CAUSED BY SUNBATHING OBVIOUSLY.

Not read the article obviously.

Chris said
"

"But the truth is that all of this stuff happened to my head and the skin cancer in my lung, all of that is in the end because of sun damage.

"So people can do things, cover up. If you've got a mole and you're in doubt, get it checked out.

"Really, really important. We can save lives."

17 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

No party is doing everything on my wishlist.

The Greens say they have policies to do more than any other party.

the greens don't have a net zero solution.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

the greens don't have a net zero solution.

They realise that Net Zero is folly and should anyone that looks at what it is and means and they have policies to decarbonise faster and more efficiently than any other party I am aware of. It's all on their website with detailed policy and costing documents if you care to read it.

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

They realise that Net Zero is folly and should anyone that looks at what it is and means and they have policies to decarbonise faster and more efficiently than any other party I am aware of. It's all on their website with detailed policy and costing documents if you care to read it.

net zero is not folly its the only solution. the greens plan to shut down nuke generation, so there's not enough electricity for your life or anyone else's and we'd go back to coal or gas.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

net zero is not folly its the only solution. the greens plan to shut down nuke generation, so there's not enough electricity for your life or anyone else's and we'd go back to coal or gas.

If you think net zero is not folly then perhaps you can explain the collapse of carbon credit markets and the failure of thousands of carbon offset schemes in the last 12 months. Perhaps you could also explain why hundreds of big businesses are moving away from this form of system (it was all in the news not long ago an BBC Panorama did an hour documentory on it as well.

On Nuclear, if you read the Green policy you will clearly see how this will be replaced and that it will be phased out and at no time will it mean going back to gas and oil.

Here are some links of CC's for your reading pleasure:
https://www.reuters.com/sustainability/corporate-climate-watchdog-document-deems-carbon-offsets-largely-ineffective-2024-05-09/

https://www.cam.ac.uk/stories/carbon-credits-hot-air

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/aug/24/carbon-credit-speculators-could-lose-billions-as-offsets-deemed-worthless-aoe

and if you subscribe to the FT there are numerous there like this one:
https://www.ft.com/content/93938a1b-dc36-4ea6-9308-170189be0cb0

Edited by Nobody Interesting

11 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

If you think net zero is not folly then perhaps you can explain the collapse of carbon credit markets and the failure of thousands of carbon offset schemes in the last 12 months.

those are something completely different to net zero, they are part of an attempt to account for carbon emissions, problem was the set-ups and funding of the schemes invited fraudsters and charlatans,  and that's what it got. if there's really the science that's claimed for climate change, a bit of workable science for carbon output and offsetting shouldn't be too difficult either, the greens didn't get that far, they saw they were hugely short of electricty needs, then threw up their hands up in the air and called everyone else sh*t because the greens are warped by predjudices.

18 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

On Nuclear, if you read the Green policy you will clearly see how this will be replaced and that it will be phased out and at no time will it mean going back to gas and oil.

yes, phased out without suitable replacement for the base load, so would be back to gas and coal

phased out? why.... because of prejudices stuck in the 70s.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

yes, phased out without suitable replacement for the base load, so would be back to gas and coal

phased out? why.... because of prejudices stuck in the 70s.

So you did not read their policy that shows how it will be phased out and what will replace it - and it is not gas, coal or oil.

Perhaps if you did read it you would not keep quoting false things.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

those are something completely different to net zero, they are part of an attempt to account for carbon emissions, problem was the set-ups and funding of the schemes invited fraudsters and charlatans,  and that's what it got. if there's really the science that's claimed for climate change, a bit of workable science for carbon output and offsetting shouldn't be too difficult either, the greens didn't get that far, they saw they were hugely short of electricty needs, then threw up their hands up in the air and called everyone else sh*t because the greens are warped by predjudices.

Carbon Credits are a big part of how Net Zero is going to be met.  Companies still generate CO2 but they buy credits to offset and reach net zero.

It is all in the links I gave you which you obviously did not read.

Here is some more educational reading for you:
https://orsted.com/en/insights/the-fact-file/what-role-do-carbon-credits-play-on-the-path-to-net-zero

Edited by Nobody Interesting

9 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Carbon Credits are a big part of how Net Zero is going to be met.  Companies still generate CO2 but they buy credits to offset and reach net zero.

It is all in the links I gave you which you obviously did not read.

i didn't need to read them cos you're not telling me anything i didn't already know. its not a big part its just a part, and offsetting is perfectly workable, if there weren't so many charlatans in the green sphere.

i was offsetting efestivals for a decade by methane flaring. (cos burnt methane is less climate dangerous than neat methane).

30 minutes ago, Neil said:

i didn't need to read them cos you're not telling me anything i didn't already know. its not a big part its just a part, and offsetting is perfectly workable, if there weren't so many charlatans in the green sphere.

i was offsetting efestivals for a decade by methane flaring. (cos burnt methane is less climate dangerous than neat methane).

You really do need to read it cos if you think Shell are a 'green charlatan' it does rather show you need to read it.

Earlier you said "those are something completely different to net zero" now you say " its not a big part its just a part". What next, that it is an important part that without it net zero will not be reached? You do like to move your goalposts a lot and yet you refuse to look at new information (one link from 9th May 2024) to update your knowledge base.

Anyway, have fun ignoring stuff and thinking the Greens policy is to burn gas coal and oil. I shall continue to read and learn to make sure I know what I am talking about when it comes to matter that are important to me and policies of UK political parties.

54 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

You really do need to read it cos if you think Shell are a 'green charlatan' it does rather show you need to read it.

i think people including corporates learned how to milk a lax system.

56 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Anyway, have fun ignoring stuff and thinking the Greens policy is to burn gas coal and oil

is that your considered analysis of what i said or is it you wishing to show you're a low thinking dullard.

the only thing the green could offer would be burning gas coal and oil; Because they've turned off the  carbon-free stuff.

20 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

this'll get sorted out university visas is the great backdoor into the uk.

Just now, steviewevie said:

It's also a financial disaster for universities 

its only that disaster if it stops.

(would be very bad for Bristol)