Micro Venues

Monty Pythagoras

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Yup that was in Glasto Latino.... there was a Mexican Cinema next door which did great margaritas while showing Mexican political documentaries. It was really atmospheric with flickering wall lights and the like 👌

Yea that's the place, the whole area had a great vibe

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yokel Again said:

Have the memory if finding a bar with a topless mermaid on swing, swinging over the top of everyone. Pretty sure I've not made it up! I'm guessing 2010 or 09. 

Think that was Fish ‘N Tits. Loads of old TV’s lining the walls and neon lighting?

I remember back in 2010 or 2011, we stumbled into a venue where everyone was dressed as nurses and doctors. Had to do shots out of syringes. Was great. Spent about half an hour there talking to the people. They loved it when people came in and they could do their care schtick/act, the excitement of newbies coming in was great as their faces realised what was going on. The place was tiny too, perhaps 20 foot square. Miss those days.

We stumbled into one venue in the SEC this year thinking it was a cool hangout, it was just a hole in the wall and you had to wait your turn to get in. Was a right let down when we realised it was some w*nky hipster shop selling clothes. Left immediately. 

On 2/4/2024 at 6:44 PM, Monty Pythagoras said:

Wasn’t there a Bono themed bar hidden away one year hahaha

Yes I'm pretty sure this was only on 2011 the year u2 headlined. It was set up down an alley and it was set up like an irish pub and served pints of guiness (which no where else on site sold at that time) was good fun

13 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

We stumbled into one venue in the SEC this year thinking it was a cool hangout, it was just a hole in the wall and you had to wait your turn to get in. Was a right let down when we realised it was some w*nky hipster shop selling clothes. Left immediately. 

Less 'w*nky hipster shop' and more genuine charity outlet I'm afraid.  I bought a terrific shirt for £10 actually.

https://traid.org.uk/traid-hits-glastonbury/

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Less 'w*nky hipster shop' and more genuine charity outlet I'm afraid.  I bought a terrific shirt for £10 actually.

https://traid.org.uk/traid-hits-glastonbury/

Nah, that wasn't the one. It wasn't an island in the middle of a field, not covered in clothes, and there was zero recycling/charity vibe going on or any printing workshop stuff. The stuff in the one you're posting is clearly a charity effort, but the one I was in was totally different - looked up-market, Dalston-type fare. 

I'll try and find it online, but pretty much everyone who was duped into going in turned around and left instantly. The people exiting before I went in were like, "It's literally just a shop." I thought they were joking and went in anyway, then said the same thing when I left, which didn't do anything to deter the next people going in. I think the cycle prob went on like that. 

EDIT: Had I actually stumbled across the one you mentioned I prob would've made something for kids, they love that kind of stuff. 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Nah, that wasn't the one. It wasn't an island in the middle of a field, not covered in clothes, and there was zero recycling/charity vibe going on or any printing workshop stuff. The stuff in the one you're posting is clearly a charity effort, but the one I was in was totally different - looked up-market, Dalston-type fare. 

I'll try and find it online, but pretty much everyone who was duped into going in turned around and left instantly. The people exiting before I went in were like, "It's literally just a shop." I thought they were joking and went in anyway, then said the same thing when I left, which didn't do anything to deter the next people going in. I think the cycle prob went on like that. 

EDIT: Had I actually stumbled across the one you mentioned I prob would've made something for kids, they love that kind of stuff. 

The link doesn't actually show the shop in Shangri-La though....it was on the left if you entered from the far end of the railway track...pretty much next door to the Shangri-Mart spoof supermarket and the place where they were selling prints etc.  The charity shop did have a printing facility for tshirts but it wasn't up and running when we were in there.

It was definitely a Traid charity store though....my buddy manages a chain of charity stores across the south west and he knew a couple of the folks running the place in there. 

Edited by parsonjack