Potential new festival from Festival Republic (Luton)

stuie

On 1/22/2024 at 6:12 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

It'll be Radio 1 Big Weekend. It's a Festival Republic promoted event, it usually happens over the spring bank holiday and any major permanent event would have long since had planning permission sorted out.

I thought they had a location already announced ngl.

Admittedly I don't pay much attention to R1BW anymore.

9 hours ago, charlierc said:

I also just clocked that said park where this is sits right under the flight path for the runway at Luton Airport down the road. So... dunno if that might drown everything out every few beats.

Not looked at the map so might not be exactly the same, but download festival is similar to this. Yes it’s loud when there is nothing on, but generally when a band is playing you don’t hear the planes 

2 hours ago, therefused said:

Not looked at the map so might not be exactly the same, but download festival is similar to this. Yes it’s loud when there is nothing on, but generally when a band is playing you don’t hear the planes 

Interesting. Looking at the map, this park in Luton looks slightly further away from the runways than Donington Park is from East Midlands Airport. So if this is the precedent, maybe this will all work out.