2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

So it won't be an instant sell out, like literally every year? What's the problem here?

That it wouldn’t sell at all. 

You’re not selling 20,000 £100 tickets to Central Cee fans and 20,000 £100 tickets to Noah Kahan fans in a field in Reading yet alone Leeds.

It’s simply not going to happen

1 minute ago, Benj said:

That it wouldn’t sell at all. 

You’re not selling 20,000 £100 tickets to Central Cee fans and 20,000 £100 tickets to Noah Kahan fans in a field in Reading yet alone Leeds.

It’s simply not going to happen

What are you basing this on lol. Proper waffler.

Like I said, have you seen how many tickets Noah Kahan has sold next year? I cba doing a deep dive into the numbers but I'm pretty sure it's as much if not more than many recent MSE headliners. You're talking like R+L headliners are only huge stadium selling acts, which clearly isn't true.

Unfortunately Central Cee hasn't ever done a proper tour (he's also never released a proper studio album, which is perhaps why), so the only metric you can really use is streaming numbers which isn't ideal. But he's the 138th most streamed artist in the world, has over 900k monthly listeners in London compared to Fred Again.. who has over 600k monthly listeners in London. 2 of his songs are the most streamed UK hip hop songs ever. When he does eventually tour tickets will fly out.

14 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I think he'd sell absolutely loads of tickets in London, yeah.

Well I guess we will see!

For now there is absolutely nothing to back up your claim.

If he can shift a wireless day then maybe he's in the conversation!

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

What are you basing this on lol. Proper waffler.

Like I said, have you seen how many tickets Noah Kahan has sold next year? I cba doing a deep dive into the numbers but I'm pretty sure it's as much if not more than many recent MSE headliners. You're talking like R+L headliners are only huge stadium selling acts, which clearly isn't true.

Unfortunately Central Cee hasn't ever done a proper tour (he's also never released a proper studio album, which is perhaps why), so the only metric you can really use is streaming numbers which isn't ideal. But he's the 138th most streamed artist in the world, has over 900k monthly listeners in London compared to Fred Again.. who has over 600k monthly listeners in London. 2 of his songs are the most streamed UK hip hop songs ever. When he does eventually tour tickets will fly out.

Hang on he already has a massive tour next year too?!

Deffo no chance he’s selling 100 quid tickets in a field miles outside Leeds then…

How many tickets did Billie Eilish sell on her massive tour?  

How many people paid 100 plus quid to go see her at Leeds?

Im not saying they’re not popular. Central Cee will sell out the O2 multiple times no worries if G-Block can do it.  There’s a huge fan base with 90 mins of the door… 

There isn’t for Reading and deffo not Leeds at 100 quid a pop

Just now, gfa said:

I just dunno how you can look at his streaming numbers/the size of crowd he got at R+L/Glasto this year and not see that the demand is clearly there. In terms of streaming he's by far the biggest UK rapper right now - bigger than Dave and way bigger than Stormzy.

But yeah, I guess we'll have to wait and see. It's pretty obvious to me.

Just now, Benj said:

Hang on he already has a massive tour next year too?!

Deffo no chance he’s selling 100 quid tickets in a field miles outside Leeds then…

How many tickets did Billie Eilish sell on her massive tour?  

How many people paid 100 plus quid to go see her at Leeds?

Im not saying they’re not popular. Central Cee will sell out the O2 multiple times no worries if G-Block can do it.  There’s a huge fan base with 90 mins of the door… 

There isn’t for Reading and deffo not Leeds at 100 quid a pop

You're so weird

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Wireless will be a much easier sell at 100 quid with a more tailored line up and actually being able to get home.

There’s no Wireless equivalent in a massive field on the middle of nowhere for a reason…

Just now, Benj said:

Wireless will be a much easier sell at 100 quid with a more tailored line up and actually being able to get home.

There’s no Wireless equivalent in a massive field on the middle of nowhere for a reason…

Why are you suddenly so concerned about this festival not being in the middle of London lol?

12 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Why are you suddenly so concerned about this festival not being in the middle of London lol?

Where have I said I’m concerned about it?

I’d deffo be concerned if I was financially invested in it and was reliant on Central Cee and a post massive tour Noah Kahan to sell a load of day tickets to be festival with a much smaller catchment area than the middle of London though.

How much were the Kahan tickets?

1 minute ago, Benj said:

Where have I said I’m concerned about it?

I’d deffo be concerned if I was financially invested in it and was reliant on Central Cee and a post massive tour Noah Kahan to sell a load of day tickets to be festival with a much smaller catchment area than the middle of London though.

How much were the Kahan tickets?

Looks like seats were £77 for his O2 gig, but it's sold out so I can't quickly find a standing number.

8 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Also it's not gonna be post massive tour. We're talking about 2025. It'll have been a year by then.

I guess he could have a new LP by then which could stoke demand back up, if successful…

Or everyone could be utterly bored of it all by then, those that have wanted to see him have seen him and they’re left like Eilish where what seem to be a slam dunk booking has all but ran out of hype in getting people out into a field in Yorkshire

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Noah Kahan can't headline R+L because too many people want to see him live.

Classic strawman too, you really are making all the debating faux pas today!

Kahan could obviously headline a stage. In a world where they’re having to sell a larger proportion of day tickets though, him and Central Cee are not going to be a pairing that gets people:

A. Paying significantly more to see them than their own, easier to get to shows in purpose built arenas

B.Sucking up the inconvenience and significant additional cost of getting to Reading/ Branham park

It’s a problem they’re going to have more and more with the shift to a reliance on having to sell a larger proportion of day tickets.

Reading, in town accommodation sells out long before the lineup is out. Parking is inconvenient and sells out. Trains are not really an option bar those maybe living in central London (who could’ve just bought a ticket for less at the O2).

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I just dunno how you can look at his streaming numbers/the size of crowd he got at R+L/Glasto this year and not see that the demand is clearly there. In terms of streaming he's by far the biggest UK rapper right now - bigger than Dave and way bigger than Stormzy.

But yeah, I guess we'll have to wait and see. It's pretty obvious to me.

Becky Hill has huge streaming numbers and gets one of the largest crowds of the weekend at R&L yet she isn't touted for MSE.

If he was bigger than Dave or Stormzy he would be doing shows bigger than Dave or Stormzy with a higher ticket price...

Maybe they will be announced - but currently he is doing nothing even close!

You are basing everything off of gut feeling show wise while my thoughts on his festival / show status is based entirely on facts.

There is currently no indication he is moving to MSE headliner and not just staying a sub with a few big tiktok hits - there has not been any movement in size since his MSE sub slot this year

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

Becky Hill has huge streaming numbers and gets one of the largest crowds of the weekend at R&L yet she isn't touted for MSE.

If he was bigger than Dave or Stormzy he would be doing shows bigger than Dave or Stormzy with a higher ticket price...

Maybe they will be announced - but currently he is doing nothing even close!

You are basing everything off of gut feeling show wise while my thoughts on his festival / show status is based entirely on facts.

There is currently no indication he is moving to MSE headliner and not just staying a sub with a few big tiktok hits - there has not been any movement in size since his MSE sub slot this year

Becky Hill ain't on the same numbers at Cench.

And yeah, it's a prediction for a festival a year and a half away. Some presumptions are involved of course. It's just if you look at his contemporaries (D-Block Europe, Dave etc) and the tickets they sell compared to their streaming numbers/sales then there's no reason to think Cench wouldn't be able to match it.

You're right that I can't point to actual tour sales, but you also can't say that he wouldn't sell well, because he hasn't actually toured yet.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

Just now, Chad888 said:

Purely based on the fact you keep calling him 'Cench', shows that you are one of his die-hard fans and any discussion with you will be marred with bias.

I literally don't listen to him, it's just easier to type than his full name lol

15 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Becky Hill ain't on the same numbers at Cench.

And yeah, it's a prediction for a festival a year and a half away. Some presumptions are involved of course. It's just if you look at his contemporaries (D-Block Europe, Dave etc) and the tickets they sell compared to their streaming numbers/sales then there's no reason to think Cench wouldn't be able to match it.

You're right that I can't point to actual tour sales, but you also can't say that he wouldn't sell well, because he hasn't actually toured yet.

Becky Hill's are broadly similar for the top songs - she's just not big in the US so the overall monthly listeners are about half.

Numbers are clearly not everything though, you just have to look at Gerry!!

He has toured though - as I said he played ally pally last year. Hardly a small venue but obviously not close to MSE yet.

Surely DBE would be a far safer bet, or the return of Stormzy / Post Malone.

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

Becky Hill's are broadly similar for the top songs - she's just not big in the US so the overall monthly listeners are about half.

Numbers are clearly not everything though, you just have to look at Gerry!!

He has toured though - as I said he played ally pally last year. Hardly a small venue but obviously not close to MSE yet.

Surely DBE would be a far safer bet, or the return of Stormzy / Post Malone.

She has 600k+ monthly listeners in London. Cench has 900k+.

You're right, numbers aren't everything, but because Cench has never toured there's not much else to go off.

One show at ally pally isn't a tour m8.

He's got a year and a half to drop a debut album and announce a tour. I'm confident that by 2025 it'll be obvious that he's a headliner or nothing. He's already subbed the festival, there's only one way for him to go unless he massively drops off and there's no indication at all that that is going to happen.

15 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I dunno, R&L's tendency doesn't seem to be to pair musically similar acts. Feels like Foos // Aitch is likelier a pairing than Foos // Biffy.

Nah I think Foos Biffy but they’d completely fill the undercard with unrelated shite