Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

Do we think the response to the question "Why did you choose Brother's?" makes any difference to the chances of winning or what you can win? I've been honest and put to win Glastonbury tickets on all my codes so far but not had any luck. People with free cases, what answer did you give, out of interest?

I also must have very unsteady hands as most of the ring pulls have dropped into my freshly opened can when trying to remove them. The latest one I very nearly gulped down, had to stop myself as it hit the back of my throat. That got me worrying... if I DID swallow one, would I have to go fishing when it came out the other end to get it back and check if it was a winner or just assume that code is void as I never actually used it??

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Lakey91 said:

Do we think the response to the question "Why did you choose Brother's?" makes any difference to the chances of winning or what you can win? I've been honest and put to win Glastonbury tickets on all my codes so far but not had any luck. People with free cases, what answer did you give, out of interest?

I also must have very unsteady hands as most of the ring pulls have dropped into my freshly opened can when trying to remove them. The latest one I very nearly gulped down, had to stop myself as it hit the back of my throat. That got me worrying... if I DID swallow one, would I have to go fishing when it came out the other end to get it back and check if it was a winner or just assume that code is void as I never actually used it??

0 wins .... Glastonbury tickets answer each time ... I think the code isnt relevant it's the timing of the entry . 4 attempts so far 

Edited by Crazyfool01

21 minutes ago, Lakey91 said:

I put to win Glastonbury tickets on mine. I’ve been wondering if it has any impact on chances of winning as well 😂

3 hours ago, Lakey91 said:

Excellent question.

3 hours ago, Lakey91 said:

Please may I marry you, and have your lovechild? 

That's my kind of barking!

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

0 wins .... Glastonbury tickets answer each time ... I think the code isnt relevant it's the timing of the entry . 4 attempts so far 

I would not be surprised. When I was young I had a couple of days work dressing up as Mr Whimpey!  We had to give out scratch cards to promote the new flagship store they opened. 
There was a big bag of them and half had free fries or burgers on them. At the start of the day an envelope was shaken into the batch that we took out with cash prizes on them. Word spread that we were giving out free money. By the time it had spread we were back to just giving out free fries and burgers again. At the end of the second day a different envelope with all the top prizes was mixed in with the batch. Word would have soon got out if all the big prizes were taken in the first morning and the excitement would have gone. 
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Brothers and Oxfam didn’t do something similar. Particularly with the internet spreading news of wins. Remember the hunt for chocolate last year?

18 minutes ago, angelin said:

I dont think it matters what answer we put isnt it already decided by the bar code?

As CrazyFool01 mentioned above, its the time you enter that matters. I assume the ring pull code is to check you have actually bought a can to get you entry

The relevant bit of the T&Cs say: 

"5.2. All prizes listed in 4.1 above will be won. Prizes are pre-allocated via an open winning moments algorithm created by an independent third party. If the time you play matches a guaranteed winning moment, then you will be awarded the prize randomly pre-allocated to that moment by the independent third party. If two entries are received at the same time, the entry processed by the server first will be the winning entry. In the event that no one enters at the winning moment, that prize will remain available until the next entry. All prizes will be won."

Also in the terms is the list of prizes. Including the 10 pairs of tickets, there are a total of 310 prizes. Last years competition said "over 1000 festival prizes". So that may explain some of why it feels like my hit rate for any prize is less this year, there are less of them.

In case you are having trouble sleeping, T&C's here: https://promoplay.me/brothers/terms

This winning moments thing makes sense tbh.  Brothers obviously want to keep the competition running as long as possible before the end of April and they won't want winning cans being drank and discarded without entering so controlling it on the server is the way to go.

All I can add is that last Friday about 7:30pm and last night about about 7pm and 9pm were not winning moments.

20 minutes ago, czuk said:

This winning moments thing makes sense tbh.  Brothers obviously want to keep the competition running as long as possible

Think I'm going to save my cans until May. I reckon they will hold most of the tickets back until nearer the time for this reason.

26 minutes ago, czuk said:

All I can add is that last Friday about 7:30pm and last night about about 7pm and 9pm were not winning moments.

Similar here, no winning moment at 9 his morning, or 10:45 last night, 7 yesterday morning. Or 14 out of the previous 15 attempts (did win a case of cider with one of them).

I'm not sure I like the winning moments format, but I can see one advantage. When trying to win tickets last year with the chocolate bars, if I bought 4 and there were another 6 left, I would be wondering if I had just left the winning bar on the shelf (can't buy them all, other people need a go as well). With winning moments it doesn't matter which can you buy, or what you leave on the shelf, none of them are the winning entry themselves, they just get you entry to the competition.

Used up my stack of cans now, so its of to Tesco's for the next lot of entry's.

16 hours ago, Lakey91 said:

I've answered Glastonbury on all my responses so far and managed to win a prize 🙂

1 hour ago, Cream Soda said:

Think I'm going to save my cans until May. I reckon they will hold most of the tickets back until nearer the time for this reason.

Yea I’ve been thinking the same. I had a flurry of wins when it first started but not much since. It says in the T&C’s there’s a mop up draw for unclaimed prizes after the competition closes. So one good thing is all our losing cans will still be entered into a potential mop up draw for prizes/tickets 🤞🍀

1 hour ago, Doohickey said:

Similar here, no winning moment at 9 his morning, or 10:45 last night, 7 yesterday morning. Or 14 out of the previous 15 attempts (did win a case of cider with one of them).

Loving your dedication 😘

53 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

Yea I’ve been thinking the same. I had a flurry of wins when it first started but not much since. It says in the T&C’s there’s a mop up draw for unclaimed prizes after the competition closes. So one good thing is all our losing cans will still be entered into a potential mop up draw for prizes/tickets 🤞🍀

There's no detail on this mop up draw might work though

13 minutes ago, czuk said:

There's no detail on this mop up draw might work though

If it works the way I expect, I get the impression that any mop-up draw will pretty much be for the lowest rung of prizes only.

ie that if you "win", then you get the best unclaimed prize that has been released up until that point.

So tickets, as the very top tier, as soon as they're "released" will get claimed by the next entry that comes in - which is likely to be seconds at most. But if there's more prizes than entries around the end of the draw, there might be a surplus of some of the lower tier prizes and that's what'll go into the mop up draw.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, incident said:

If it works the way I expect, I get the impression that any mop-up draw will pretty much be for the lowest rung of prizes only.

ie that if you "win", then you get the best unclaimed prize that has been released up until that point.

So tickets, as the very top tier, as soon as they're "released" will get claimed by the next entry that comes in - which is likely to be seconds at most. But if there's more prizes than entries around the end of the draw, there might be a surplus of some of the lower tier prizes and that's what'll go into the mop up draw.

Wishful thinking from me then 😂🙈

2 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

Wishful thinking from me then 😂🙈

Unless the last pair of tickets doesn't get released until like a second before the competition closes, and doesn't have time to be claimed..

I dont think its being advertised as much.

im dreading the chocolate one and I really hope they somehow track which shops they go to and have some kind of crytic clues. I was fed up of buying it last year and it wasnt even a good flavour! Hopefully its at least fruit and nut.

Do you think the cases will also be competition cans.

i bought 12 today but I’m stalling them as I’ve been off drinking for about a year since chemo it just tastes vile to me. I wish there was a way to re cork them so I could experiment with opening and different times.

2 hours ago, angelin said:

Do you think the cases will also be competition cans.

i bought 12 today but I’m stalling them as I’ve been off drinking for about a year since chemo it just tastes vile to me. I wish there was a way to re cork them so I could experiment with opening and different times.

It's fairly easy to remove the ring pulls without opening the can. You can use some wire cutters or even just prise off gently with a knife. Opening the cans when you want to drink them becomes a bit of a challenge but there are plenty of ways of doing so.