Outbreak 2024

losing44

11 hours ago, losing43 said:

Surely means Turnstile headlining OB Saturday? 

Yeah most likely with those tour dates, Very good headliners but the Basement x Turnstile slots being done again in the space of 2 years is surprising, would of expected a different big headliner.

On 2/6/2024 at 7:52 AM, CRxece_ said:

Got to remember it's a different venue this year, same as 2022 - there was an outdoor part of the Venue if they choose to use that (weather dependent) 

Clashfinder will show how bad the clashes were over previous years but I remember 2022 not being that bad and with the stages about a 30 second walk from each other very easy to switch between the two. 

I mean, it was still a 30 second walk between the two stages this year. Managed to do runs of Narrow Head > Speedway > Scowl and Zulu > Buggin > Speed and didn't miss a single second.

Bowlers can have a 3rd stage, Damnation had one in 2022 but it's where the skating and art stuff was for Outbreak. They could use the outdoor arena (think they will, the vip perks mentions an outdoor viewing platform) but the outdoor space for 2022 was used to food, merch and podcasts. Gonna be a tight fit wherever they put the new stage.

14 hours ago, losing43 said:

Surely means Turnstile headlining OB Saturday? 

I don't think so. Would have been announced yesterday (or earlier, no reason to hold them back) and can't see them co-headlining with Basement. Way too big for that now. 

14 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Same time as Sound and Fury's announcement. Wonder if we do have a little reunion in store...

Would like to clarify that I don't think it's going to be Title Fight.

Maybe Have Heart? - But they did S&F back in 2019 if I'm correct so might not be repeated 

2 hours ago, CRxece_ said:

Maybe Have Heart? - But they did S&F back in 2019 if I'm correct so might not be repeated 

Guitarist has dismissed this. Think this whole rumour started a few weeks ago when Pat deleted all of his personal posts and changed it to a Have Heart account but that was months ago. He also changed the bio to "Band Archive Page".

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Almost every comment on the Instagram post is asking for Title Fight 😅 undoubtedly gonna be mass disappointment but that would be an insane get if it did happen.

People asking for Title Fight on Outbreak posts are hardcore equivalent of the people that ask for Arctics on R&L socials.

Genuinely can’t believe that this lineup/festival is happening not too far from me and I can’t go because it just happens to be the exact same weekend as the one other festival I go to a year. Basically a list of all the sh*t I’ve been listening to lately as well as all my favourite stuff from the last twenty years. Hope you lot going have an absolute blast. 

Missing Link added to the Saturday and some stuff moved around. Never Ending Game, Magnitude, Gridiron and Scarab moved to the Saturday and Bug Bath and Wrong Man moved to the Sunday.

No more artists to be added to the Sat-Sun but a preshow and side shows will be announced soon. Still a few more for the Friday as well.

Edited by justanothername

On 2/15/2024 at 2:40 PM, justanothername said:

Missing Link added to the Saturday and some stuff moved around. Never Ending Game, Magnitude, Gridiron and Scarab moved to the Saturday and Bug Bath and Wrong Man moved to the Sunday.

No more artists to be added to the Sat-Sun but a preshow and side shows will be announced soon. Still a few more for the Friday as well.

Reckon they’ll add a hardcore show on the Friday in Manc? Or would that defeat the purpose 

20 hours ago, losing43 said:

Reckon they’ll add a hardcore show on the Friday in Manc? Or would that defeat the purpose 

I reckon they probably will - It seems like they're quite aware that they've split the audience and people going for the Saturday/Sunday are more likely to arrive in Manchester on the Friday than the Thursday I'd imagine

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 3:34 PM, losing43 said:

Don't think so, would defeat the purpose and sort of split the crowd. Seems that the Friday isn't selling as well as the other two days.

Have heard of a local promoter putting something on but no idea who is playing. Guessing it would probably be at Rebellion.

20 hours ago, casparm said:

I'm going with some friends on the Friday and we're all 16, however one will be 15 (they turn 16 the week after outbreak). How strict are the staff there on age restrictions and will she be turned away?

I went in 2022 to Bowlers and the security were great all around the festival, they were more bothered with Bags and the form for 'Stage Diving' wristbands - But a hard question to answer as a high percentage of the people at the festival looked 18+

Not sure on 2023 - Didn't attend.

On 3/12/2024 at 11:09 AM, casparm said:

I'm going with some friends on the Friday and we're all 16, however one will be 15 (they turn 16 the week after outbreak). How strict are the staff there on age restrictions and will she be turned away?

The website says that age restriction is 14+ and anyone under 16 needs to be with an adult. 

If you can maybe approach someone outside and ask if they can go in with you to be sure, but I think you’d be ok 

• 1 month later...

don't know who here will be interested much but it seems the main stage this year is now outdoors (official festival account replied with such)

seems like a bit of a departure from the vibe of the festival so unless this means hardcore only acts are strictly indoors with no barrier I have no idea