NOS Alive 2024

TheNewUnion

Flights and accommodation are booked. It is, therefore, speculation time. 

Looks like Pearl Jam are on the road again next year, rumour is (on a Pearl Jam forum) that they're playing Lisbon in 13th July. If that is the case I'd be surprised if they don't play the festival. They last played 2018 so there has been a decent gap. 

1 hour ago, graceunderpressure said:

Is it too wishful thinking to hope for Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam ??

That would be huge. I think it might be a bit ambitious though. That being said, last time PJ played it was quite rock heavy with Arctic Monkeys and Queens of the Stone Age also headlining (Snow Patrol, The National and Jack White subbing).

Tickets purchased, here's to a classic headline set from the mighty Pearl Jam (I hope).

Also, if you're sticking around post festival, keep an eye out for Cascais Cool Jazz festival. They have some great acts and it's in a beautiful park. Last year they had Lionel Richie, Noah Jones, Snarky Puppy and Kings of Convenience. In other years they've had The Roots and even Kraftwerk.

Easy train ride from Lisbon.

Edited by TheNewUnion
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Foos start a US stadium tour on July 17th. Guess we'll see if they consider that too tight a turnaround to get back from Lisbon to New York.

They can easily play 11th or 12th and be back for the 17th in the US.

This also says surely they are in Europe later 2025. I think Olivia and them are two of 2025 Reading hesdliners

Edited by northernangel

7 hours ago, northernangel said:

They can easily play 11th or 12th and be back for the 17th in the US.

This also says surely they are in Europe later 2025. I think Olivia and them are two of 2025 Reading hesdliners

When they were younger I would've said so, but I thought as an older band of people now in their 50s that they might try to bake in more time off between legs. I know Lisbon to New York in 5/6 days to start their US tour in NY isn't exactly the most complicated of journeys to make but I'm just not so sure.

I admit tbf that their Hellfest slot does bring them closer to being available for this. Maybe I'm wrong and they'll be up for it.

13 hours ago, charlierc said:

When they were younger I would've said so, but I thought as an older band of people now in their 50s that they might try to bake in more time off between legs. I know Lisbon to New York in 5/6 days to start their US tour in NY isn't exactly the most complicated of journeys to make but I'm just not so sure.

I admit tbf that their Hellfest slot does bring them closer to being available for this. Maybe I'm wrong and they'll be up for it.

On the tour this year foos played in the US, then did rock am ring/ rock I'm park 3 days later.

I'm more confident they'll do rock werchter, but could see them playing mad cool/ alive, as they're unable to play a lot of the other big euro fests due to their UK dates throughout June.

5 minutes ago, Sparticus2 said:

On the tour this year foos played in the US, then did rock am ring/ rock I'm park 3 days later.

I'm more confident they'll do rock werchter, but could see them playing mad cool/ alive, as they're unable to play a lot of the other big euro fests due to their UK dates throughout June.

I guess we'll see accordingly. With enough precedent that they are the kind of band who could be willing to do such quick turnarounds, maybe they will, or maybe they'll do their own European dates before the UK June run.

We'll see in due course I guess.

1 hour ago, OKMess said:

Anyone got any idea when they're going to/when they normally announce? 

Got half an eye on this, especially if they get two of Foo Fighters, Green Day and/or Pearl Jam. 

Green Day is out.

Foo Fighters are in New York on July 17th, Alive is on July 11th, 12th and 13th, so they're practically out.

Pearl Jam is the most possible name. There are very strong rumors that operate on July 13th.
Eddie Vedder once said in an interview that he likes to start or end his tour in Portugal... he likes to surf here.

15 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Foo Fighters are in New York on July 17th, Alive is on July 11th, 12th and 13th, so they're practically out.

This is what I've thought in the past, though they just announced for Rosklide and many believe they're doing Werchter as well, so... might not be out of the question. I thought practically that was the case tbf.

18 minutes ago, charlierc said:

This is what I've thought in the past, though they just announced for Rosklide and many believe they're doing Werchter as well, so... might not be out of the question. I thought practically that was the case tbf.

They can perform at the NOS Alive venue days before the festival.