Roskilde Festival 2024

jonathansoegaard

5 hours ago, UnBiloTitled said:

Considering everything he is accused of, they should not be relevant at all. At least not in my book. It's not really something Roskilde supports and encourages. Just the opposite. 
I am absolutely convinced that it is possible to get a great lineup without Arcade Fire. 

Unfortunately, it looks like it will be another slightly bad year in 2024, considering that most festivals in Europe have difficulty getting really good lineups, as it looks right now. There are few, apart from 1-2 festivals, who have presented a good start to their lineup for 2024.

Don't think Arcade Fire is relevant either. 

I don't know if I agree that you can't put together a good Line-Up. I think you can - just a matter of money and personal preference. I think the following bigger names are still not booked to anything in Denmark (but playing elsewhere during the summer):

LCD Soundsystem

Smashing Pumpkins

Ed Sheeran

Lana Del Rey

Måneskin

Prodigy

Dua Lipa

Arcade Fire

Doja Cat

SZA

Pulp

Justice

Disclosure

Jungle

Royal Blood

Sum 41

Janes Addiction

Greta Van Fleet

Calvin Harris

Deftones

Stormzy

Libertines

Give me a couple of Smashing, LCD, Pulp, Jungle, Prodigy, Janes Addiction, Libertines and a few more small names to my liking and I would be very happy. Would also go see Stormzy, Lana (with the wife) and deftones and would give SZA / Doja cat a fair chance. 

Edit: And then for the dream Line-Up of touring bands steal Tool from Copenhell, Fred Again from Syd for Solen and also snatch some bands from Northside. 

Edited by jonathansoegaard

9 hours ago, jonathansoegaard said:

Don't think Arcade Fire is relevant either. 

I don't know if I agree that you can't put together a good Line-Up. I think you can - just a matter of money and personal preference. I think the following bigger names are still not booked to anything in Denmark (but playing elsewhere during the summer):

LCD Soundsystem Very possible, and really hope they come!

Smashing Pumpkins Possible

Ed Sheeran Not possible at all

Lana Del Rey Possible but judging by dates she is more likely to come to NorthSide festival

Måneskin In my books they are in for Roskilde

Prodigy Possible but don't think Roskilde is going to book them

Dua Lipa Possible but if Billie Eilish announces tour I think she's out

Arcade Fire Possible, hopefully they are not booked 

Doja Cat Pretty convinced she's one of the headliners 

SZA Very possible

Pulp Very possible, however seem to be fitting more Syd for Solen

Justice Very possible

Disclosure Very possible

Jungle Very possible

Royal Blood Very possible

Sum 41 Does not seem like something Roskilde would book 

Janes Addiction Very possible

Greta Van Fleet Possible

Calvin Harris Possible

Deftones At this point really hope they come, but probably Copenhell is going to get them 

Stormzy Possible

Libertines Does not seem like something Roskilde would book 

2 hours ago, UnBiloTitled said:

Realistically, I don't think more than maybe 2-3 of these artists will be booked by Roskilde.  Of course I could be wrong.
Roskilde often wants to go its own way and usually differs a bit in comparison to other festivals. For better or worse, of course.

I’m quite curious to see if there will be any big surprises like Billie Eilish or Doha Cat. Personally I think that it will be artists that were already announced at other festivals: Doja Cat, SZA, Smashing Pumpkins, Arcade Fire are my guesses. 

P.S Ice Spice and 21 Savage both announced at Opener festival that shares dates with Roskilde. So I think that the next batch of names will be Doja Cat (or another headliner name) plus Ice Spice or 21 Savage and branch of undercard like Michael Kiwanuka, Masego, Loyle Carner and others. 

Edited by festivalguy97

• 4 weeks later...

Surely must have some new names soon? Last announcement was end of November!

Also they announced a new Orange Stage for 2025 which will be bigger and permanent; stating its so they can fit in larger and more contemporary production from artists. Makes sense as Orange currently quite small compared to other major European festivals.

Edited by FrogLobster

18 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

Also they announced a new Orange Stage for 2025 which will be bigger and permanent; stating its so they can fit in larger and more contemporary production from artists. Makes sense as Orange currently quite small compared to other major European festivals.

Think you/we have to wait close to 14 more days to the last day of January 😢

19 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

31st of January we can expect new names for sure.

My guess: it will something related with Doja Cat, 21 Savage, Maneskin and a bunch of smaller names and danish names. 

21 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

One for the metal/hardcore/heavy music fans; Better Lovers self confirmed. Newish band formed of ex-members of Dillinger Escape Plan and Every Time I Die. 😁

That's a great addition, indeed! Seen them few times on their UK tour last October and it was wild. If the Roskilde team bring in Chino Moreno with either with Deftones or Crosses it'll give a lot more depth and diversity to the line up...w8ing for the next announcements...

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 1:39 PM, FrogLobster said:

Where did you read this? Quite interesting! It's certainly time for an upgrade for Orange. 
Not that Orange is a favorite stage, but it is certainly a legendary stage.

35 new names, including:
Doja Cat (US) Ice Spice (US) J Hus (UK) Jane's Addiction (US) Jungle (UK) Khruangbin (US) Brutalismus 3000 (DE) Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes (UK) Lankum (IE) Medina (DK) Nia Archives (UK)

35 minutes ago, mln said:

35 new names, including:
Doja Cat (US) Ice Spice (US) J Hus (UK) Jane's Addiction (US) Jungle (UK) Khruangbin (US) Brutalismus 3000 (DE) Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes (UK) Lankum (IE) Medina (DK) Nia Archives (UK)

Nice, then we are still missing 2 headliners, one for Thursday and one for Saturday right?

Going by the info currently on the website for Orange Stage (All the other acts are TBA

Wednesday: Doja Cat, Jungle (Late night headliner?)

Thursday: Skrillex (Late night headliner?), Ice Spice

Friday: Foo Fighters, Kali Uchi, Gilli

Saturday: PJ Harvey

My guess is that another big headliner for the Saturday; I absolutely adore PJ Harvey but popularity-wise for Denmark she is a tier lower than the likes of other recent rock/guitar headliners like Foos, The Cure, The Strokes, Blur etc and is probably subbing a bigger name. I would also prefer her closing Arena (Her new material will go better there) so not sure how it will take to Orange which usually attracts younger casual festival goers these days. Perhaps Billie Eilish is going to slot in above?

I do like the later night headliners if its someone that fits the atmosphere. The Blaze a few years ago was decent after Dua Lipa. Skrillex and Jungle will do well in those slots. Christine and The Queens art-house abstract-art monologue performance of just new material did NOT go down well last year; totally the wrong vibe for such a larger stage and at 1am. 😄

Jane's Addiction are TBA so probably in Arena (The QOTSA rock slot)

Overall; im content with who is booked so far! I have about 15 acts I want to see currently and thats without me digging into those that I don't know yet.; just need a few more big ones added to the Thursday. 😄 

Edited by FrogLobster

19 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

Going by the info currently on the website for Orange Stage (All the other acts are TBA

Wednesday: Doja Cat, Jungle (Late night headliner?)

Thursday: Skrillex (Late night headliner?), Ice Spice

Friday: Foo Fighters, Kali Uchi, Gilli

Saturday: PJ Harvey

My guess is that another big headliner for the Saturday; I absolutely adore PJ Harvey but popularity-wise for Denmark she is a tier lower than the likes of other recent rock/guitar headliners like Foos, The Cure, The Strokes, Blur etc and is probably subbing a bigger name. I would also prefer her closing Arena (Her new material will go better there) so not sure how it will take to Orange which usually attracts younger casual festival goers these days. Perhaps Billie Eilish is going to slot in above?

I do like the later night headliners if its someone that fits the atmosphere. The Blaze a few years ago was decent after Dua Lipa. Skrillex and Jungle will do well in those slots. Christine and The Queens art-house abstract-art monologue performance of just new material did NOT go down well last year; totally the wrong vibe for such a larger stage and at 1am. 😄

Jane's Addiction are TBA so probably in Arena (The QOTSA rock slot)

Overall; im content with who is booked so far! I have about 15 acts I want to see currently and thats without me digging into those that I don't know yet.; just need a few more big ones added to the Thursday. 😄 

Strong rumours that the last 2 big names are 21 Savage to take the hip hop spot and SZA. I think SZA will be the Saturday headliner and 21 Savage will be a co headliner with Skrillex. 

No news on Bad Bunny, Drake is doing a EU tour but don't think Roskilde can afford him, Dua Lipa is out due to her dates, maybe Billie Eilish?

21 hours ago, thetime said:

Anyone got any info on dslr cameras at roskilde? Not seen anything on prohibited items. 

I never got checked to enter the festival on first days, no one even asked me for my wristbands. After those days, they usually check if you have glass on your bag but nothing else, but try to contact to the festival via mail or instagram just to check it out

On 1/27/2024 at 10:21 AM, davidoffescassi said:

I never got checked to enter the festival on first days, no one even asked me for my wristbands. After those days, they usually check if you have glass on your bag but nothing else, but try to contact to the festival via mail or instagram just to check it out

The security at Roskilde Festival is one of the sloppiest I've ever seen in festivals. I think that's because there are mostly volunteers checking the bracelets and they are usually teenagers that do it just to get a free ticket. I've managed to bring a loads of beers inside without being stopped. I know people that managed to enter the festival without a bracelet. 

On 1/27/2024 at 9:21 AM, davidoffescassi said:

Cheers for the info

5 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

The security at Roskilde Festival is one of the sloppiest I've ever seen in festivals. I think that's because there are mostly volunteers checking the bracelets and they are usually teenagers that do it just to get a free ticket. I've managed to bring a loads of beers inside without being stopped. I know people that managed to enter the festival without a bracelet. 

Can confirm; but this is for all big events and customer service workers in Denmark in general. Can pretty much get away with anything due to the local social culture of 'avoiding-all-conflicts'. 😄