Roskilde Festival 2024

jonathansoegaard

9 minutes ago, albidc said:

3 Latino/south American artists, I think they are preparing us for Bad Bunny. Good batch of names tho, Kali Uchis is very talented, PJ Harvey is amazing, Romy is very interesting for a late night closer. I don't think that any of these will be headliners. I guess the next names are coming on November 30th, and there we will probably get a big headliner name like Foo Fighters or Bad Bunny.

Bruce Springsteen anounced a solo concert in July 2024 in Denmark, so he's out. It's either Foo Fighters for the rock slot or a mix between PJ Harvey/Pulp/The National.

Edited by festivalguy97

33 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

No big heavy hitters and all undercard. Really happy with PJ Harvey, Heilung and The Armed so far! PJ probably being an Arena headliner.

Kali Uchis is playing Orange, I would guess that Gilli is also playing Orange, and PJ Harvey there is no info on where she will be playing, I would guess Arena. 

Just now, matrainertje said:

Good start considering their first drops are not too big most off the time. Foo Fighters next week I reckon. 

I would expect them to announce the next names at the end of November, so probably on the 30th. And there will be Foo Fighters there, unless they announce them as a standalone name, but for that they could’ve just waited 1 more week.

I dont think ive seen them drop just one act in an announcement before; usually a random dozen to 20 once a month.

I do like the scattershot approach as gives focus and time to dig deeper to the undercard that would be overshadowed by the headliners in a typical poster drop! Never heard Violent Magic Orchestra before but they sound like my kind of thing for when its 2am at probably Apollo. 😄

Edited by FrogLobster

36 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

I dont think ive seen them drop just one act in an announcement before; usually a random dozen to 20 once a month.

I do like the scattershot approach as gives focus and time to dig deeper to the undercard that would be overshadowed by the headliners in a typical poster drop! Never heard Violent Magic Orchestra before but they sound like my kind of thing for when its 2am at probably Apollo. 😄

I'd say Gloria 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrogLobster said:

Love the way in which Roskilde operate too, treating a headliner as 'one of the many acts'. 

But I do remember them sharing Eminem separately once. 

13 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

Fred Again ruled out; announced for Syd For Solen in August. They have 2 other headliners too (not announced yet) who will also wittle down the names for Roskilde.

Last year, SFS had Bon Iver, Aphex Twin/Peggy Gou and The War on Drug/Iggy Pop

From what I see, Syd for Solen was moved to August to same days as Oyafestivalen in Norway and Way Out in Sweden, to share the artists between each other. Pulp are coming to Oyafestivalen, so I guess they will come to Syd for Solen so maybe they are also out for Roskilde. 

19 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

From what I see, Syd for Solen was moved to August to same days as Oyafestivalen in Norway and Way Out in Sweden, to share the artists between each other. Pulp are coming to Oyafestivalen, so I guess they will come to Syd for Solen so maybe they are also out for Roskilde. 

Oh, thats interesting! I also heard that had to change location due to the previous one being next to the zoo and the music was upsetting the animals. 😞 Valbyparken is a bit further out and has more space. Although there are sheep and alpacas in the next park over so lets hope they can isolate the music from them!

Their website has some blocked out hints at who else is playing. Can't figure any of them out yet.
image.thumb.png.d9a1cd72e40d80828651395ce955998e.png

14 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

Oh, thats interesting! I also heard that had to change location due to the previous one being next to the zoo and the music was upsetting the animals. 😞 Valbyparken is a bit further out and has more space. Although there are sheep and alpacas in the next park over so lets hope they can isolate the music from them!

Their website has some blocked out hints at who else is playing. Can't figure any of them out yet.
image.thumb.png.d9a1cd72e40d80828651395ce955998e.png

Yes the main reason is that one, but it's very interesting that suddenly they changed the dates to fit the ones of the other big festivals around Scandinavia. 

Yes the hints are there, the second day looks like PinkPantheress.

Pulp doesn't seem to be in these hints, but then again we don't know how much we should rely on these hints. 

23 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Dua Lipa is getting announced in festivals that are around Roskilde days. I know she came very recently, but can be still see her headlining, specially with a new album. 

Only 2 years since she last did it but new album cycle, she pulled a gigantic crowd last time and will go down well with the younger crowd. Could see it happening to save a few krone from the Foos booking.

Edited by FrogLobster