PA Tickets

J3mmo

Hi

I have a friend who is autistic and looking at the possibility of her going to the festival 2024, due to her autism I am used to researching the hell out of anything and have been looking at her getting a PA ticket to help while she is there.

I have read all I can on the website and I'm a bit confused by the timings. On here (https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/#ACC) it says they buy a ticket as normal, pay the deposit and request a PA application. The balance is paid at the start of April but the PA applications don't go in til end of April. This would leave someone who needs their assistant to go, holding with a ticket, without knowing if their assistant will get one. Neither can go, but has wasted a ticket someone could have had.

Has anyone done this before, and does this sound right or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

1 hour ago, J3mmo said:

Hi

I have a friend who is autistic and looking at the possibility of her going to the festival 2024, due to her autism I am used to researching the hell out of anything and have been looking at her getting a PA ticket to help while she is there.

I have read all I can on the website and I'm a bit confused by the timings. On here (https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/#ACC) it says they buy a ticket as normal, pay the deposit and request a PA application. The balance is paid at the start of April but the PA applications don't go in til end of April. This would leave someone who needs their assistant to go, holding with a ticket, without knowing if their assistant will get one. Neither can go, but has wasted a ticket someone could have had.

Has anyone done this before, and does this sound right or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

I think that sums it up yep @squirrelarmy will confirm as he got one last year 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, J3mmo said:

Hi

My understanding is your friend needs to first get a ticket when they go on sale and once they have secured their ticket they can apply for a person assistant (PA) ticket. The website states:

"Once you  (ie your friend) have secured your Festival ticket please contact the Festival’s Access Team to request the link for the online Access Application Form. This will then be emailed out in December. Customers wanting to apply for a PA ticket and/or needing to use any of the access facilities during the Festival must submit their Access Application Form by the 30th April 2024"

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, J3mmo said:

Hi

I think you'll need to make an application for accessibility Access, as they do the PA tickets.

13 hours ago, Lycra said:

My understanding is your friend needs to first get a ticket when they go on sale and once they have secured their ticket they can apply for a person assistant (PA) ticket. The website states:

"Once you  (ie your friend) have secured your Festival ticket please contact the Festival’s Access Team to request the link for the online Access Application Form. This will then be emailed out in December. Customers wanting to apply for a PA ticket and/or needing to use any of the access facilities during the Festival must submit their Access Application Form by the 30th April 2024"

I think the key bit here is "by the 30th April 2024" you can apply well before then and get your application granted(rejected) before then.

29 minutes ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

I think the key bit here is "by the 30th April 2024" you can apply well before then and get your application granted(rejected) before then.

tis a bit scary not knowing if it'll be sorted or not, (which is whether both people can go or not (two years ago it was confirmed quite late, much better for 2023).

2 hours ago, Neil said:

tis a bit scary not knowing if it'll be sorted or not, (which is whether both people can go or not (two years ago it was confirmed quite late, much better for 2023).

I guess its done late so it also covers the resale and the helpers required after that's taken place 

3 hours ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

It does say it’s not first come first serve and applications will be judged and priotised, implying they wait til they all come in by the due date, then decide on those with the biggest need

Meant to add I have also asked the access team but not got a reply, but appreciate there could be a backlog they’re getting through. I’ll report back what they say in case it helps anyone else

Edited by J3mmo

27 minutes ago, J3mmo said:

Meant to add I have also asked the access team but not got a reply, but appreciate there could be a backlog they’re getting through. I’ll report back what they say in case it helps anyone else

I think that might take a while as they probably aren't in the office yet as its obviously quieter at the moment 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, J3mmo said:

Hope you get a reply from them to clarify your situation. That said the key to getting help from the access team lies in your friend securing a ticket. Without this the access team cannot help. It almost goes without saying these days that getting a ticket is the hardest task as demand far exceeds supply.

• Like 1

I've looked back at my applications for 2017, 2022, and 2023. All had the PA confirmed by the end of March at the latest.

So, while not "First come, first served", if they confirm your need is genuine then it will be issued. It's worth bearing in mind that they will have a lot of applications from people who need access to some of the assistance available, but don't necessarily need access to the accessible camping (which is their biggest limitation due to space). 

1 hour ago, Dark Star said:

I've looked back at my applications for 2017, 2022, and 2023. All had the PA confirmed by the end of March at the latest.

So, while not "First come, first served", if they confirm your need is genuine then it will be issued. It's worth bearing in mind that they will have a lot of applications from people who need access to some of the assistance available, but don't necessarily need access to the accessible camping (which is their biggest limitation due to space). 

Aah that's interesting to note, we are actually aiming for Sticklinch so maybe that will help, the other main assistance will be things like the sensory tent. Thank you

On 10/7/2023 at 3:44 PM, J3mmo said:

Hi

Here is a screenshot of the evidence required for a PA ticket in 2023, this could change. If you have any doubt about getting one buy a ticket. This can always be refunded at a later time. 🙂

511199160_Screenshot_20230610-0043112.thumb.png.0859b2a2211ce2ce21c82002423dda9f.png

• Like 1

FYI.

We have one of those CredAbility 'access cards' which clearly specifies what requirements a person would need. It took a bit of jumping through hoops, but not a lot ( doctors note etc). But once its been done once, it means you don't have to keep justifying your needs.

Access at glastonbury are fantastic.

• Like 1

It’s looking though the process has changed for 2024. Rather than send in copies of paperwork etc an application will need to be made for a Glastonbury Festival Access Pass if you do not already have an Access Card -

https://www.nimbusdisability.com/blog/glastonbury-festival-access-pass-scheme/

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/access-information/pa-2-for-1-ticket-scheme/

IMG_4706.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, davefb said:

FYI.

We have one of those CredAbility 'access cards' which clearly specifies what requirements a person would need. It took a bit of jumping through hoops, but not a lot ( doctors note etc). But once its been done once, it means you don't have to keep justifying your needs.

Access at glastonbury are fantastic.

i didn't do my application for this year (the wife did it), but it seemed to go a bit smoother than the year before when i did it. (I'm guessing it was cos the previous access approval counts in favour of the new request).

i found the first year quite stressful  because i didn't know if the request would be approved (i didn't know the second year either,  but convinced myself it would come good and it did)

3 hours ago, onthebeach said:

It’s looking though the process has changed for 2024. Rather than send in copies of paperwork etc an application will need to be made for a Glastonbury Festival Access Pass if you do not already have an Access Card -

https://www.nimbusdisability.com/blog/glastonbury-festival-access-pass-scheme/

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/access-information/pa-2-for-1-ticket-scheme/

IMG_4706.jpeg

This is also applicable to anyone applying to use the Accessible facilities. 🙂

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/access-information/registering-to-use-the-accessible-facilities-onsite/

41 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

This is also applicable to anyone applying to use the Accessible facilities

in my two years using the accessible scheme i don't think i used any facilities except the campsites and pa ticket.(that's obviously dependant on needs) and two times on west holts viewing platform

45 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

This is also applicable to anyone applying to use the Accessible facilities. 🙂

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/access-information/registering-to-use-the-accessible-facilities-onsite/

thanks for your valuable input  SC. i really valued your expert knowledge when i was a newbie at this.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could please help me with this. I’m an autistic person without a formal diagnosis (was on a wait list for assessment but then moved boroughs and got removed). I have documents stating I have general anxiety disorder but limited documents of formal psychiatric or neurodivergent diagnosis. I also have undiagnosed CFS. 

I receive access to work and have a PA as part of that and I generally can only attend events with a PA. What was the process of getting accepted? Did you only have to give a doctor’s note and what did you specifically ask your doctor to write?

curious about 2024 specifically as sounds like the system/evidence has changed (based on this thread and google).

Any help much appreciated!