Rock am Ring / Rock im Park 2024

SweetJesus

𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄-𝐔𝐏 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓!

On the 2. November is finally over for waiting.

In a gigantic band wave, we present you a large part of the line-up for Rock am Ring 2024.

To break the wait until then, you’ll get a full performance from 2023 every week on our YouTube channel from now on.

Available for everyone for unlimited time and of course for free. And we kick it off at 4:30pm today with the legendary Kyle Gass & Jack Black aka Tenacious D show!

386465184_894856071999872_6799639914404719793_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

Prediction before the lineup is released. Excuse some of the placings as I’m not completely in the know with who is popular in Germany etc. And not sure if it’s a bit too too heavy. 

Fri

Main: Kraftklub / 30 Seconds To Mars / Greta Van Fleet / Enter Shikari / Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes
2nd: Avenged Sevenfold / FFDP

Sat

Main: System of a Down / Billy Talent / Simple Plan / While She Sleeps / Empire State Bastard 
2nd: Queens of the Stone Age / I Prevail

Sun

Main: Green Day / Maneskin / The Hives / The Pretty Reckless / Palaye Royale
2nd: The Prodigy / Corey Taylor

Edited by foolee
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, foolee said:

Prediction before the lineup is released. Excuse some of the placings as I’m not completely in the know with who is popular in Germany etc. And not sure if it’s a bit too too heavy. 

Fri

Main: Kraftklub / 30 Seconds To Mars / Greta Van Fleet / Enter Shikari / Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes

Sat

Main: System of a Down / Billy Talent / Simple Plan / While She Sleeps / Empire State Bastard 

Sun

Bar the Friday, there is always one off day, I think you should just book it. As long as The Prodigy don't clash and are a late night closing act.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foolee said:

Fri

Sat

Sun

Simple Plan are out due to them being at Hurricane. I also dont think Billy Talent will be back at EU festivals for a 3rd straight summer. Otherwise it looks realistic, although potentially a bit heavy and lacking in German rap/hip hop. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, northernangel said:

Bar the Friday, there is always one off day, I think you should just book it. As long as The Prodigy don't clash and are a late night closing act.

Thank you! I don’t think this will be far off what we get to be honest with what looks like will be touring. Maybe a surprise headliner instead of Green Day or SOAD as we aren’t too sure on who is touring yet. Maybe like Blink instead but I’m thinking they’ll do August festivals in Europe next summer. Honestly I’d be happy with the Friday if I could see and then Avenged close the 2nd stage. 

20 hours ago, RonanM said:

Simple Plan are out due to them being at Hurricane. I also dont think Billy Talent will be back at EU festivals for a 3rd straight summer. Otherwise it looks realistic, although potentially a bit heavy and lacking in German rap/hip hop. 

Forgot they were at Hu/So, maybe a few German acts instead of Simple Plan and Billy Talent. Would be a shame about BT as I’ve not seen them in that time but totally my own fault. Possible Mike Shinoda in a spot too as I think there’s rumours around him doing some more shows. 

On 10/14/2023 at 12:24 PM, foolee said:

Honestly I’d be happy with the Friday if I could see and then Avenged close the 2nd stage. 

Avenged closing the 2nd stage at Rock Im Park 2018, with Parkway Drive right before was one of my favourite nights at a festival 😍

I wonder if they could get the bump to headline now though?! they have subbed main and headlined 2nd in the past already. 

1 minute ago, RonanM said:

Avenged closing the 2nd stage at Rock Im Park 2018, with Parkway Drive right before was one of my favourite nights at a festival 😍

I wonder if they could get the bump to headline now though?! they have subbed main and headlined 2nd in the past already. 

They aren’t popular enough in Germany for this I don’t think? 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

They aren’t popular enough in Germany for this I don’t think? 

I would tend to agree, but the organisers have hinted at the fact that they cant really have 3 mega headliners every year nowadays, so maybe A7X could be one that gets the bump up. 18 days until we find out 😁

Resurrection fest also teasing an announcement soon, probably same time as RAR/RIP, Nova Rock, Download (date still unknown but rumours are around November 7). 

If we look back to 2020, SOAD was announced for festivals that will have announcement soon. 

June 2020

5-7 – Nürburg and Nuremberg, Germany @ Rock am Ring and Rock im Park
10-13 – Nickelsdorf, Austria @ Nova Rock Festival
14 – Castle Donington, United Kingdom @ Download Festival

July 2020

1-4 – Viveiro, Spain @ Resurrection Fest

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Andrej said:

I was certain SOAD will not tour in 2024., but looking at all this, and their appearance again at Sick New World in Vegas in the spring, it could be that its them for the Nov 2/3 announcement.

Some insider with good info in the past was sure SOAD would not tour Europa...

I think we might be looking at a combination of Green Day, Volbeat & The Prodigy with QOTSA. Avenged Sevenfold & Sleep Token as the 2nd stage headliners.

Also expecting FFDP, Maneskin, The Offspring, Fall Out Boy and Corey Taylor.

Hopefully we get Funeral for a Friend, Boston Manor, Greta Van Fleet, Empire State Bastard & The Pretty Recklesss too. 

• Upvote 1

In terms of headliners, I’m hoping for SOAD, but they are unpredictable. 

I have really no idea, it’s so hard to guess for next year. Especially because Green Day, Foos, Toten Hosen, BMTH played this or last year.

At the end, it will be boring set of headliners like A7X, The Prodigy and something bigger. 

1 minute ago, Karlos12345 said:

You know that summer in AUS/NZ is January/Feburary right?

I think QOTSA are doing festivals in Europe over (our) summer and Rock am Ring is a very good shout.

Didn't know it was jan/feb . Happy days . Would love to see them in the summer . Have tickets for November 3 shows 

1 minute ago, graceunderpressure said:

Didn't know it was jan/feb . Happy days . Would love to see them in the summer . Have tickets for November 3 shows 

Southern hemisphere is doing it‘s magic stuff! 😉

I really think they are pretty nailed on:

Nov: Europe

Dec: US

Jan/Feb: AUS/NZ

March: SA

May: US

June: Europe

…I think that‘s what we are looking at. Pretty usual schedule for Queen‘s album cycles. Just with shorter legs to accommodate Josh‘s wish to tour less.