BBC radio 1 big weekend 2024

jj200

36 minutes ago, gfa said:

Theres no way it will struggle at that price.

luton is very easy to get to from london - only about 30 min from St Pancras

The last 2 Friday events have really struggled to pull in numbers for around half that price with a much lower capacity. I assume due to work commitments on a Friday.

But being close to London and having an additional stage may tempt a few more to go for tickets with a larger area to pull from. 

We’ll soon find out anyway!

1 minute ago, MatthewTurner said:

The last 2 Friday events have really struggled to pull in numbers for around half that price with a much lower capacity. I assume due to work commitments on a Friday.

But being close to London and having an additional stage may tempt a few more to go for tickets with a larger area to pull from. 

We’ll soon find out anyway!

Chase & Status is a much bigger pull than the lineup of recent years i think, I reckon it should be ok

£18 vs £36 while double the price is still incredibly cheap and seems unlikely to put many people off I think personally

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Can anyone tell me can you book 2 tickets per day for multiple days or is it 2 tickets across the weekend?

Hi mate,

So the last couple of years it has been Friday + either Saturday or Sunday but not both. I’ve gone to all 3 days and never had an issue with it.

It looks like the T&C’s have been relaxed for this year though so you can do all 3 if you can manage to get through the queue 3 times! 

3 hours ago, skillfulperson said:

Anything concrete for the other days yet? I’d have thought usual suspects of Olivia Rodrigo, Foos, Coldplay and Dua would be on the shortlist

chase and status was a surprise, Radio 1 BW has a history of doing a dance day on Friday though 

Orod busy all weekend. 

10 minutes ago, MatthewTurner said:

Hi mate,

So the last couple of years it has been Friday + either Saturday or Sunday but not both. I’ve gone to all 3 days and never had an issue with it.

It looks like the T&C’s have been relaxed for this year though so you can do all 3 if you can manage to get through the queue 3 times! 

Perfect thanks, I thought that had been the rule previously but this years saying "you can only purchase a maximum of two tickets per person per day (Friday or Saturday or Sunday)." left me unsure of what the deal was this year. Havent been before and want to do Saturday and Sunday with someone this year but didnt want them getting cancelled.

Previous "local" ticket buyers - when booking and you select the batch of tickets allocated to locals, where are they checking to make sure you live there? Is it your postal address on Ticketmaster, your credit card address or something else? Ours do not match, one is in LU1, the other isn't! Does anyone have experience? Thanks!

4 hours ago, magicmat77 said:

Previous "local" ticket buyers - when booking and you select the batch of tickets allocated to locals, where are they checking to make sure you live there? Is it your postal address on Ticketmaster, your credit card address or something else? Ours do not match, one is in LU1, the other isn't! Does anyone have experience? Thanks!

Having seen people successfully get then and enter the festival with tickets using postcodes of local McDonalds i think you should be fine. I know that doesnt answer your question and that theres still a small chance they get cancelled but just thought I'd share the only bit of intel I have.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

Someone has definitely pulled out from what I heard a few weeks ago. RAYE as a headliner is hilarious. 

Raye isn't that shocking

the undercard is crap though

Its the saturday so should sell ok - you'd hope they have saved a bigge rname for sunday which is a harder sell (hopefully)