2024 headline speculation

airwaves

19 hours ago, xxialac said:

Good chance of some new names next week I reckon (or certainly this month now)!

Never understood why the leave the day splits until the Summer. Bands get booked for specific days, they must know them now...

I guess they can still potentially do some stage and slot shuffling if needed? Also it's another announcement innit? 

• Upvote 1

On 4/3/2024 at 8:09 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

Interestingly Nation Of Language have the Thursday listed on their website tour dates, and while that's not unusual to see as a holding position it features at the end of a run of UK gigs and they're playing Meo Kalorama on the Friday, so they're either flying there and back unnecessarily or opening Woods.

Ignore this, they've self-confirmed for Sunday.

However, as per earlier posts, Richard Dawson has confirmed for Thursday.

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

They always use "full line-up" to mean "so far". They're still 21 acts down on last year.

Odd they haven't even hinted at more additions by now though innit. In fact there hasn't been a single " ...and more to come" at any point has there?

21 acts down is a lot but would only be the loss of say the folly or the boat.

21 hours ago, domjon said:

Odd they haven't even hinted at more additions by now though innit. In fact there hasn't been a single " ...and more to come" at any point has there?

21 acts down is a lot but would only be the loss of say the folly or the boat.

The festival poster has "more to be announced " written on the bottom. There will definitely be more to come. 

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Which acts have albums out between now and August?

Of EOTR size? Not a lot that have been announced and aren't already there. Goat Girl, maybe. John Grant's got a new one coming but he'd likely have been added by now. Cassandra Jenkins was a big fan of EOTR and just announced a new record this week. Les Savy Fav would be quite something for late night Big Top (though I'm leaning towards English Teacher taking that slot, both because the festival evidently loves them and they're now a top ten album act)

9 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Of EOTR size? Not a lot that have been announced and aren't already there. Goat Girl, maybe. John Grant's got a new one coming but he'd likely have been added by now. Cassandra Jenkins was a big fan of EOTR and just announced a new record this week. Les Savy Fav would be quite something for late night Big Top (though I'm leaning towards English Teacher taking that slot, both because the festival evidently loves them and they're now a top ten album act)

Sorry, I meant who is already down as playing.

Who has a new album from the current lineup due soon?