Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

8 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Sounds a bit tight then 😬 taxi from airport, dump bags at digs then queue for a bit, maybe catch end of the set.  

i notice jealous nostril are playing too, that’s Johnny Borrells other band if you like that kind of thing 👍

I saw Jealous Nostril supporting Ash & The Subways last year. Not sure if I liked them or not, so might give them another try. Will be watching Razorlight.

On 5/2/2024 at 3:22 PM, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Any ideas for actual band start times on the Friday.  My flight gets into Southampton at 12 so trying to figure out if we’ve any chance of catching razorlight 

I think you’ll probably miss Razorlight, not only do you have to negotiate the M27, I am assuming, but getting into Portsmouth on a Friday! 
And recently the traffic in Pompey has been carnage as we had road closures with the eastern road (a main road into Pompey) causing major delays. Hopefully it will all be finished by Victorious but one of the three routes into Pompey gets shut, it’s chaos.

i keep my fingers crossed you make it, but I’m not sure you will x

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2024 at 8:25 PM, kelstar said:

I think you’ll probably miss Razorlight, not only do you have to negotiate the M27, I am assuming, but getting into Portsmouth on a Friday! 
And recently the traffic in Pompey has been carnage as we had road closures with the eastern road (a main road into Pompey) causing major delays. Hopefully it will all be finished by Victorious but one of the three routes into Pompey gets shut, it’s chaos.

i keep my fingers crossed you make it, but I’m not sure you will x

I’d just looked at google maps and saw 36 min from the airport to greetham street.  So thought taxi for way down.  Reckon that’s unrealistic on festival day?

Usually fly into Gatwick and then train to southsea, but figured these flights were better to avoid abandoning the kids for an extra day 😜

train from Southampton looks between 1hr 10 and 1hr 30.  Meaning nearer 2:30 before we’d get to festival 

4 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

I’d just looked at google maps and saw 36 min from the airport to greetham street.  So thought taxi for way down.  Reckon that’s unrealistic on festival day?

Usually fly into Gatwick and then train to southsea, but figured these flights were better to avoid abandoning the kids for an extra day 😜

train from Southampton looks between 1hr 10 and 1hr 30.  Meaning nearer 2:30 before we’d get to festival 

Yeah, there are no direct trains between the airport and Portsmouth. If the timings work out you could get a taxi from the airport to Eastleigh (only about 5 mins drive but puts you on a direct line to Pompey) and get the train from there, but they only run once an hour. If the flight/train times don't line up you're probably better off taxiing the whole way and hoping the traffic's not too bad.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Final update? 

Acoustic to go? Although I guess plenty of them artists will be on it. 

I really don’t think there’s many… if any to go on the main stages

• Thanks 1

Usually about 30/40% of the acoustic stage line up is on the main poster (Well its been that way the last couple of years and then they fill the rest of the line up with the up and coming and unsigned acts.

Looks like Acoustic is changing it name to "Under the trees" as an act who was announced yesterday, has said they are playing twice over the weekend and hes on the old acoustic stage