Shouldn't this have its own thread?

Yoghurt on a Stick

22 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yeah, I donated. Not a lot, but it would be fair to say that I'm in financial penury. Ho hum. All the best for the walk. 😊

Thanks,tis amazing to think two years ago I couldn't walk at all. A mile will be pushing myself hard I think but is much further than anything else I've done.

Edited by Neil
  • Like 1

ive also donated ... this is pretty amazing stuff  Neil giving something amazing back to a charity which has helped you and will no doubt help many others on a road to recovery , as Neil will no doubt testify you have no idea when it might be you , or a family member that suffers similar hopefully people donating a few quid will help others get to a better place like Neil has managed , good luck and keep going on the path Neil 

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, I thought it was coming up, so decided to bump. Good luck. 

if i can really walk a mile it'll be fantastic, the result of good orthotics (a leg brace that supports my ankle which otherwise rolls over) a walking stick, big stamina, hard work on recovery, great support from friends family, and Bristol After Stroke((who the walk is raising money for).

justgiving.com/page/neil-greenway-1692546101225

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i managed to walk about half of the mile (the other half i was pushed by my lovely wife in my wheelchair) she  says i did really well.

it was some serious effort, particularly the uphill bit.i now need some serious painkillers and a lie down.

huge thanks to everyone that gave in support, and helped motivate me to keep going when it got tough. lots of friend have sent me photos to my phone, can't get the pics to here very easily.

the walk (all participants) has already raised about  £5k which is fantastic(we'll be doing it again next year), was lovely that the weather was great.

Edited by Neil
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

On 9/22/2023 at 2:30 PM, Neil said:

thank you all i'll let you know how i get on, and if i'm unlucky someone will photo or  video it put it on social medja

there's now a bunch of photos (of us old gits) on facewipe

https://www.facebook.com/BristolAfterStroke/photos