Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

12 minutes ago, Phaze4 said:

@Sziget2024_Leaks Any news on today's announcement? Are we getting another headliner? Will it be a band? If not today do you have a dead when such announcement would occur? 

I'm assuming a couple of names announced today with the main announcement being that the headliner will come tomorrow, alongside Electric Picnic and the other festival both announcing.

Seems a strange way to do it though, couldn't imagine a football team holding a press conference to announce they're announcing the the purchase of a new player the following day!

• Thanks 1

Okay, I have nothing against Kiley, but I cannot stress that enough, that we don’t have any bands as headliner. More so, not even as a subheadliner. Looking at all the bands touring around in August, it’s a disgrace.

Edited by CCester
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, rowexx said:

So we still need at least 1-2 names on the main stage and a few on Revolut I guess

I expect those slots will be for Hungarian acts.

Edit: Fisher was announced for the Main Stage

Edited by CCester

Just now, rowexx said:

So we still need at least 1-2 names on the main stage and a few on Revolut I guess

Imagine will only be smaller names this year.

-

not only do the bookings seem to be very hap-hazard and random this year, but the marketing and announcement strategy is nothing other than poor. These names have been randomly announced with no structure to the line up announcements whatsoever. Maybe that’s linked to troubles with booking artists (which I can only assume is down to money reasons…).

I think this is the most ‘in-balanced’ line up Sziget ever presented. When you’re presenting a week long festival encompassing different music types, it’s very strange to not even have one band as headliner in the mix and only bands lower down on the undercard. Whilst some of this years names stand alone would sell tickets, I think they will struggle to sell week passes big time.

2023 line up is a dream compared to this one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kramrojam said:

Fisher for main stage? pardon my f**k? i cannot see this

I have said it before but DJ's are todays rock stars, like it or not but the following they get is bigger than rock bands these day 

9 minutes ago, kramrojam said:

Fisher for main stage? pardon my f**k? i cannot see this

It’s in the email Sziget sent out.

The full A38 lineup is also included:IMG_5280.thumb.png.f9d839b99b78b6916740d5b0a5aba302.png

Edited by CCester