Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

31 minutes ago, atk0231 said:

last row should be Tinlicker + NTO + Nyla.

Didn't know about Nyla tbh: https://open.spotify.com/artist/4VZY0nxYMSNotbS7WjNVQy?si=_V961pQsTLmzOGRYpXWa0Q&nd=1&dlsi=f1ce2e4115c441d7

Correction: It should be LANY, not Nyla. I didn't know about them either, but they seem to be a famous American band and have some acts in Europe mid-August.

7 minutes ago, atk0231 said:

Correction: It should be LANY, not Nyla. I didn't know about them either, but they seem to be a famous American band and have some acts in Europe mid-August.

I feel like this is right..LANY, Tinlicker and NTO

We know almost all of the 'big' names anyway: 

Tom Odell/Mo/Skrillex/Editors/Liam Gallagher/Raye- there were a couple of others I've forgotten which I'm sure are in there too.

The only thing we really don't know about is the female headliner - or if there is even going to be a female headliner. So that's the biggest surprise tomorrow really.

(Unless Raye will be pushed up to female headline spot?)

Edited by FestivalJamie

28 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Ouch

😁

let's say I'm not optimistic considering names that are hinted at and those that have been dismissed

But, I may be wrong so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed 🙂

Just now, Dukkai said:

😁

let's say I'm not optimistic considering names that are hinted at and those that have been dismissed

But, I may be wrong so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed 🙂

It will most likely be what we know already + a lot of smaller names and (possibly) a female headliner.

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

It will most likely be what we know already + a lot of smaller names and (possibly) a female headliner.

Yeah, that is what I was saying under not being optimistic

Because, if what we have is basically it for the "bigger" acts, this will be a sh*t festival, at least for me and people I'm going with (unless we decide to drop it and sell the tickets)

But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a hidden ace somewhere which will make this a festival worth going to.

10 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

We know almost all of the 'big' names anyway: 

Tom Odell/Mo/Skrillex/Editors/Liam Gallagher/Raye- there were a couple of others I've forgotten which I'm sure are in there too.

The only thing we really don't know about is the female headliner - or if there is even going to be a female headliner. So that's the biggest surprise tomorrow really.

(Unless Raye will be pushed up to female headline spot?)

Raye is playing Oya Festival on 8 August and Flow Festival on 9 August. Both are in Scandanavia.

The only date she could headline at Sziget is 7 August but I truly can't see her doing that. Plus, before it was taken down, her website said she was playing 12 August at Sziget (therefore subbing Fred it was assumed) but now that Skrillex is playing too........who knows???

What do we think about Charli XCX as female headliner. Leaks said they are still negotiating with her as they are with the fem headliner. He also said this before the lineup drop in december if i remember correctly, but back then Lana was still the option for headliner. Now that she dropped out, maybe they’re trying to get charli for headliner spot because they simply don’t have any other options for the female spot.

I personally can’t see her as headliner but if Stormzy can do it she can too i guess? I wouldn’t be surprised by anything at this point.

21 minutes ago, poelim said:

What do we think about Charli XCX as female headliner. Leaks said they are still negotiating with her as they are with the fem headliner. He also said this before the lineup drop in december if i remember correctly, but back then Lana was still the option for headliner. Now that she dropped out, maybe they’re trying to get charli for headliner spot because they simply don’t have any other options for the female spot.

I personally can’t see her as headliner but if Stormzy can do it she can too i guess? I wouldn’t be surprised by anything at this point.

Definitely not headliner level in my eyes. Great addition to the line-up, but not at headline level.

I mean, apart from Sam Smith and maybe Fred Again, none of current headliners are actually headliner material. Some other year they would definitely be subs (or they were subs and haven't actually gained that much popularity since)
so, having a "headliner" such as Raye or Charli would be totally in line with this year's lineup, which shows you how weak this lineup really is

Edited by Dukkai
  • Upvote 4