Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

I can't believe this is even a discussion. In 2023, prior to Sziget, Mackelmore toured the UK playing at Academy venues with a capacity of around 1,500. The Killers play stadiums with capacities of between 40,000 and 70,000. 

Yes, Mackelmore is fun. I enjoy his set, but he does not sell vast quantities of tickets or add prestige to a line-up - and a headliner is meant to do both.

That's the UK though, it isn't relevant. I saw editors play club gigs, then headlined rock werchter. 

It's different country to country. 

Hoping we share a few more acts with Pukkelpop. Would love it if Sziget got some of:

Barry Can't Swim, Confidence Man, Jorja Smith, Maisie Peters, Miles Kane, QOTSA, Soulwax, Sugababes, The Kills, The Vaccines.

Also, maybe Michael Kiwanuka from Grape and Keane, NBT and TDCC from Summer Well.

Any chance @Sziget2024_Leaks?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Hoping we share a few more acts with Pukkelpop. Would love it if Sziget got some of:

Barry Can't Swim, Confidence Man, Jorja Smith, Maisie Peters, Miles Kane, QOTSA, Soulwax, Sugababes, The Kills, The Vaccines.

Also, maybe Michael Kiwanuka from Grape and Keane, NBT and TDCC from Summer Well.

Just the way out west lineup would be good 😃

Would be great if Noah Kahan will be added! At least in the US and the Netherands he is very popular with Stick season. All the Sziget dates are so far unscheduled in his tour agenda. From the 13th of Augustus he will perform in UK.

3 hours ago, billybigballs said:

None afaik.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, billybigballs said:

I have seen Barry cant swim and Joy annoymous in the last few weeks at the Roundhouse and both were superb, both at Pukklepop as well, both would be excellent additions 

5 hours ago, So Sad Simon said:

So, who do we 'know' we are getting so far? 

Liam Gallagher

Mo

Editors

Raye

Tom Odell

Neil Frances

Skrillex

Kiasmos

Is that it?  Have I missed anyone? 

Are there any other relevant names than the ones we already know? 😄

By the way. Kinda weird to start selling daily tickets if there are still headliners missing right? So if the female headliner won’t be announced next week we’ll have one day without a headliner or will she be co-headliner? 

Which reminds me, @Sziget2024_Leaksis the comment about the AA+ headliners true?