Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

2 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

From what I've seen, Werchter began to look like a disaster after initial announcement as has been receiving a lot of love lately.

Hang in there. 

Omg I just looked at the Werchter line up, it's brutal. I prefer this line up over any Sziget line up from the past 10 years.
(Yeah, I'm more into rock music, and this is basically a rock festival, while Sziget went to the pop direction way too much for me lately, but still.)

Edit: Any chance to get a big amount of names from Werchter or do you think it's too early in July?

Edited by kristofm

4 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

From what I've seen, Werchter began to look like a disaster after initial announcement as has been receiving a lot of love lately.

Hang in there. 

I'm also going to Werchter. The first announcement was not bad. Now the lineup is OK. Not as good as 2023...but much better then Sziget. 

But...there is nothing else than music.

So its better to go to both...😀

Edited by Tom Lobo

5 hours ago, Tom Lobo said:

But...there is nothing else than music.

That's my worry with these kind of festivals where the line up seems great, but I don't know anything about the festival itself. Like, I went to Nova Rock for the line up a couple of years ago and it felt like a labor camp, out in the sun with no shadows, two stages only, dirty af, awful.

Edited by kristofm
  • Like 1

May be an image of text

This is a rock/metal festival from Romania. Most bands from there won't be at Sziget for sure but some names might pop up. For example Frog Leap would be interesting, as it's Leo Moracchioli's band, a very popular youtuber who is doing metal covers of popular songs. They also played in Budapest before.

Well, Raye has won 6 of the 7 awards she was nominated for at the Brits. If Sziget socials aren't all over that in the next 48 hours then they should sack their marketing team. 

The most Brits any act has won in one year in the 45-year history of the awards. Her live tickets will undoubtedly become the hottest thing known to man in the UK after a phenomenal live performance at the ceremony. Her album will slam back into the top 10 too. 

Come on Sziger, get Raye announced and promote the hell out of the fact! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

May be an image of text

This is a rock/metal festival from Romania. Most bands from there won't be at Sziget for sure but some names might pop up. For example Frog Leap would be interesting, as it's Leo Moracchioli's band, a very popular youtuber who is doing metal covers of popular songs. They also played in Budapest before.

Pendulum maybe?

7 hours ago, So Sad Simon said:

Well, Raye has won 6 of the 7 awards she was nominated for at the Brits. If Sziget socials aren't all over that in the next 48 hours then they should sack their marketing team. 

The most Brits any act has won in one year in the 45-year history of the awards. Her live tickets will undoubtedly become the hottest thing known to man in the UK after a phenomenal live performance at the ceremony. Her album will slam back into the top 10 too. 

Would it have any relevance to a festival in Hungary? 

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Would it have any relevance to a festival in Hungary? 

This is all about marketing the quality of the acts they have booked for the festival's second announcement. Her result last night outshines anything done by Ed Sheeran, Oasis, Adele etc at the same awards. 

So, in my mind, relevance doesn't come into it. Market the sh*t out of it. 

47 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

This is all about marketing the quality of the acts they have booked for the festival's second announcement. Her result last night outshines anything done by Ed Sheeran, Oasis, Adele etc at the same awards. 

So, in my mind, relevance doesn't come into it. Market the sh*t out of it. 

This sounds like an episode of Mad Men. "Don't let the consumer tell you what's relevant to them; YOU tell them what's relevant to them!"

However. I do kind of agree that what happened last night was pretty phenomenal and worth promoting, especially as it's a female act which the top level is currently lacking.

Probably more worth pushing towards potential UK visitors who want to see her but don't fancy running the gauntlet at Reading or Leeds.

I listend to the first announcement again and I can notice, that I have 4 acts in my list. But they are only on my list for having something there. It's not that I'm burning for them.

It seems for me, that I have to leave the Szigetjouney after this festval and let more space for the next generation.

We have to realize that the butterfly 🦋 is moving to something else.

So...lets party a last time and have a great finish 2024...

19 hours ago, poelim said:

Pukkelpop selling fast. Shows how much a good undercard can do 

Down to their last 1,000 combi tickets. Can't say the line-up is amazing, but there's more to come and it's probably as good as you can get this August.

On 3/2/2024 at 10:45 PM, So Sad Simon said:

Poor man's Amy Winehouse. 

• Upvote 1

Hi all, 

Not posted on here before but attending Sziget this year for the first time. 

Googling Sam Fender Tour brings up the below: 1869824698_Screenshot2024-03-04130849.thumb.png.dc0808645f43972bbccfcc32c250ac54.png Not sure if this means anything at all, or the likelihood of this given he played last year (Thursday 10th August 2023). Think he only has boardmasters in August announced at the moment.

26 minutes ago, jahowes said:

Hi all, 

Not posted on here before but attending Sziget this year for the first time. 

Googling Sam Fender Tour brings up the below: 1869824698_Screenshot2024-03-04130849.thumb.png.dc0808645f43972bbccfcc32c250ac54.png Not sure if this means anything at all, or the likelihood of this given he played last year (Thursday 10th August 2023). Think he only has boardmasters in August announced at the moment.

I mean, my son would be overjoyed at that announcement, and it ties in with him playing Boardmasters. However, where would they put him? He's not big enough in Europe to headline and I can't imagine him wanting to sub two years running. 

A38 would be packed if he headlined there. Just can't see it.

However, after cancelling in 2022, perhaps this is his penance.

• Upvote 1