Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, Tom Lobo said:

We are far away from the next announcement...they dont have enough content to push the festival...we all should stay modest...

Where have you got this information from, or is it just a guess? 

I suspect we will get an anouncement by the end of the month. Not sure if you class this as 'far away' or not. 

I don't think we should stay modest at all. The first announcement didn't hit the spot for many of us (way too many 'unknown' names). That was the modest announcement.

The next announcement needs to show a significant improvement to even begin to compete with other August festivals. Reading and Leeds has just managed it with their second announcement. 

There are enough decent acts touring in August to do this. If the bookers at Sziget can't get them, then maybe they need to consider why that is and get it sorted. 

Edited by billybigballs
  • Like 1

I wonder if Adele's concerts in Munich might attract possible new names to the mix?

She will clearly require high-quality support acts and with the dates spread out (2,3,8,10,14,16,23,24 August) there could be a lot of free time in-between Adele gig dates for these act to fill?

11 and 12 August at Sziget certainly looks possible for any announced acts? Only a few hundred miles from Munich to Budapest and back.

Edited by billybigballs

24 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

I wonder if Adele's concerts in Munich might attract possible new names to the mix?

She will clearly require high-quality support acts and with the dates spread out (2,3,8,10,14,16,23,24 August) there could be a lot of free time in-between Adele gig dates for these act to fill?

11 and 12 August at Sziget certainly looks possible for any announced acts? Only a few hundred miles from Munich to Budapest and back.

Will there even be any support acts? I thought this was supposed to be similar to her Las Vegas residency shows where she had no support acts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

Will there even be any support acts? I thought this was supposed to be similar to her Las Vegas residency shows where she had no support acts.

Yes, there will be support acts. I read it earlier today.

Can I remember where I read it? No.*

Can I find it again? No.

Can I remember exactly what it said? No.

Did it state that support acts will be announced in due course? Yes. 

*It was on a Ticketmaster social media post iirc but can't find it anywhere now!

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

Yes, there will be support acts. I read it earlier today.

Can I remember where I read it? No.*

Can I find it again? No.

Can I remember exactly what it said? No.

Did it state that support acts will be announced in due course? Yes. 

*It was on a Ticketmaster social media post iirc but can't find it anywhere now!

The instagram post was reported in a few papers, and you remember correctly. She said, "And some of my favourite artists playing shows too? Why…YES!!" Which I assume means support, rather than standalone shows.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/adele-announces-new-residency-in-munich-3579749

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bluenova said:

The instagram post was reported in a few papers, and you remember correctly. She said, "And some of my favourite artists playing shows too? Why…YES!!" Which I assume means support, rather than standalone shows.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was why Sugababes were announced for Lowlands tbh. 

1 hour ago, bluenova said:

In that context, I think it means she wants to see some of her favourite artists live (for example Taylor) rather than them playing as a support.

55 minutes ago, rowexx said:

I feel like its pretty far away. @Sziget2024_Leaks said before the 1st announcement that almost nobody was booked for the 2nd one and he seems to still be quiet w the clues, so probably not a lot of acts to work with

Last week, we had more than 80 names announced for Reading and Leeds, and that festival takes place after Sziget. So, you would hope Sziget is able to land a line-up soon.

The 2nd announcement for Sziget 2023 was on 14 March. I would be surprised if we had to wait beyond that this year. So, at most, we need to wait maybe five weeks, hopefully less.

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

The 2nd announcement for Sziget 2023 was on 14 March. I would be surprised if we had to wait beyond that this year. So, at most, we need to wait maybe five weeks, hopefully less.

Yeah, and that was already a late one. Prior to that it was mostly late-February.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, QuintenH said:

Screenshot_2024-02-06-22-25-45-08_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

I think their social media staff are contractually obliged to put 'coming soon' to any enquiry about release date of 2nd line-up.

Saying the announcement is 'weeks away' doesn't quite provoke the same levels of anticipation!

1 hour ago, poelim said:

Pukkelpop just announced some new names including Jorja, The Smile, Skrillex, Raye, Sigma, Soulwax, Rise Against, Denzel Curry

some very good names, kind of getting my hopes up for Sziget 

Just goes to show how a few names can beef up a line-up substantially. I wouldn't be mad at a copy+paste of this at Sziget

Edited by iamdebrii
  • Like 2

On 2/4/2024 at 8:50 PM, Tom Lobo said:

We are far away from the next announcement...they dont have enough content to push the festival...we all should stay modest...

That was only my believing...but... nobody said anything against it...so I believe, that we have to wait min 5 weeks more...

1 hour ago, ReljaGajić said:

Balaton Sound will announce new names on 13th of February, I assume Sziget will do the same a week after.

1st announcement for Balaton Sound was on 5th of December and for Sziget on 12th, which is literally 7 days after.

I guess the 13th is a good shout, they might believe that some people will buy tickets as a Valentine's Day present. Hopefully the 13th is going to be lucky.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, dude111 said:

katy perry just annoced rock in rio (at rio) in september.

could she be our wild card?

no way. Too big, too expensive and "too old" for new sziget. That is sad though, she would be an amazing act 🥲