Advice please: family friendly festival in the SW

blutarsky

We haven't bought any tickets for anything this year because of baby 2 arriving back in May, but would still like to get to one in some way.

We were thinking of taking the girls to something relatively local and I was considering Forwards. IIRC there were a lot of tickets available on Twickets last year and the dates are decent for us. 

We're hoping we may get to Leopallooza for a day and night as I have a contact who's told me there's a chance of a free ticket, and we're considering last minute Twickets tickets for Beautiful Days, although we only get back from 2 weeks in France the day before so would probably only go for a day, which makes it a bit expensive. 

The other possibilities are EOTR and Forwards, and Forwards seems easiest. It's likely to have tickets come up and we can go for a day, plus we have friends in Bristol who'd go with us. EOTR tickets are likely to be harder to come by. 

Would anyone have any other suggestions or any advice regarding the above? 

EOTR is great, lots of space for people with buggies. Gets cold at night but you’ve got a van for sleeping and clothes/rugs for evenings outdoors. Van tix will come onto twickets once they sell the last 300 tier 4 tickets this week.

BDs is v family friendly, our son was 3.75 when we first attended and my sister had her 2.5 year old there (2007). I think you might have been?? If not then it’s fun with families, amazing kids area. Sold out but will be +++ on twickets, etc., including van tix.

Went to forwards last year. Although nothing anti-family about it, and people did bring children , I don’t remember much stuff that was really for kids 

seened mainly just a few stages and then bars and food places between 

granted I may have missed it as wasn’t really looking out for kids stuff 

Have had a day ticket to Valley fest before but not camped.

beautiful setting for a festival , lots of kids there , big focus on food too. 

Music bookings don’t always do to much to excite my personal taste , but if they are to your liking then could be a great shout for a place to take young kids