Nova Rock 2024

SweetJesus

1 hour ago, Ausländer said:

Avril would be a female headliner, which would certainly be something Nova Rock would love to post about on there social media. And like I said Qotsa had one of the smallest headliner crowds I saw at an Austrian festival the last time they played at an Austrian festival 

have you been to massive attack at frequency 2016? THAT was the smallest crowd probably. (arguably it was co-headline with manu chao. still a riddle for me)

but to be fair the lineup that day did nothing for qotsa. also for blink who played just before them the crowd wasnt big, whilst at the same time snoop dog had the biggest crowd i ever saw on the second stage. snoop dog into jan delay just fitted.

edit: also pendulum was on in the kaserne afterwards, so you had to change early.

Edited by eivomracsy

Frequency & Nova Rock crowd is big difference I think.

As I can see last few years, Frequency crowd don't care about music. How's it possible to be sold out last few years with awful lineups, maybe worst in history of big festivals?

Only logical to me, the crowd likes bad music and don't care about great bands like QOTSA, NIN etc..

• Like 2

On 10/24/2023 at 3:40 PM, SweetJesus said:

My prediction for phase 1!

Headliners:

A7X - Die Toten Hosen - Green Day  - QOTSA or/and BMTH, maybe co-headline

Other bands:

The Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Machine Head, Alice Cooper, Hatebreed, Megadeth, Dropkick Murphys, The Offspring, Bruce Dickinson, Avril Lavigne, The Gaslight Anthem, Opeth, Nova Twins, The Hives, Fu Manchu, Beast In Black

Also in phase 2/3 I can see Limp Bizkit, Sabaton, Corey Taylor, NOFX…

The Gaslight Anthem ruled out…

Another band I’ll add is Babymetal, they were announced for 2020

21 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

I will continue to talk to myself 😀

Few bands leaked:

Green Day, Maneskin, Sum 41, Avril Lavigne, Alice Cooper, Dogstar (Keanu Reeves)

https://oe3.orf.at/m/stories/3037084/

Good start, was looking on Facebook for the time it’s scheduled for but couldn’t find one. It says the headliners are getting announced too, I’m assuming Green Day and Maneskin from that list are headlining but does anyone know who else to expect?

Just now, 49Lawson said:

Good start, was looking on Facebook for the time it’s scheduled for but couldn’t find one. It says the headliners are getting announced too, I’m assuming Green Day and Maneskin from that list are headlining but does anyone know who else to expect?

The line up will be released at 10am

4 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Avenged Sevenfold for sure and I’ll say Die Toten Hosen (last time in 2019).

btw The Interrupters also have Nova Rock on their tour page

10 minutes ago, Ausländer said:

The line up will be released at 10am

Brilliant thanks!

7 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

Yeah that all sounds plausible. I’m trying to keep my eyes peeled because a few of my friends really fancy Rock Am Ring but there’s not much for me on that final day so hoping if there’s something a bit similar that spreads acts out better for me then that would work 

29 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

When it comes to German speaking festivals you can never completely rule out die toten hosen, but I think theynare very unlikely.

On the one hand if they would playing festivals this sommer they would be at one of the bigger German festivals as well like Hurricane or Highfield. On the other hand, if they were playing I'm sure that oe3 would have announced them in the morning.

I still believe that Avril could be one of the headliners, ax7 seem very likely, maybe BMTH

3 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Is this just a first announcement too with more to be added? If so that’s a hell of a start, very tempted!

There are still a few names missing on the first and last day but not much, and I wouldn't expect anything big. And the linenup for the red bull stage will be added later but its the third stage so I wouldn't expect much

1 hour ago, Ausländer said:

There are still a few names missing on the first and last day but not much, and I wouldn't expect anything big. And the linenup for the red bull stage will be added later but its the third stage so I wouldn't expect much

Oh I wouldn't expect too much anyways. I would already go and see the top 4 on every day, and it's spread out lovely compared to RaR where I would be really struggling on the Maneskin/Parkway Drive day other than those. Definitely going to have a look at this one in more detail

1 minute ago, Ferda said:

The lineup is stacked but repeats are crazy. A lot of bands return after 1 year gap, PWD and Sum are back to back 23-24. I am quite curious where it's heading...

I feel like there aren’t loads of acts to choose from this year and the headliner pool is really small in Europe this summer apparently. I think this coincides with bands being able to make more money doing their own shows. 

Really nice start! Didn't expect to get so much of the line-up on this Phase 1. But it's great! Seems there aren't so much rock/metal headliners available so festivals are looking to announce a lot in the first announcement to beat the concurrence. We are early November and we already have all the headliners for Rock Am Ring (in 1 shot), NovaRock (in 1 shot), Hurricane/Southside (1 shot), almost all at Greenfield (2/3). Curious to see if the next festivals like Download and Graspop (one day) will do kinda the same or not. I guess Download yes as they often do. Not sure about Graspop...

6 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Is this just a first announcement too with more to be added? If so that’s a hell of a start, very tempted!

This year it was 15-17 bands per day on main stage. In 2nd announcement I expect rest of the main stage bands, max 20, and then 3rd announcement will be Red Bull stage with around 25 bands. 

6 minutes ago, bobbychong said:

This lineup is looking insane compared to Download this year. Would love to see PWD, BMTH, Pendulum again.

Has anyone driven here by car before? Looking at travelling over with a few friends, staying in Dam for a day on the way etc. 

I did it always by car, stayed in Bratislava and drove there and back every day. It's doable, ±45 mins each way.

As an alternative, you may consider Rock for People instead if you wish to see PWD, BMTH, Pendulum. It's much easier logistics-wise if you are driving (RfP is next to the large city while Nova is in the middle of nowhere). Just a thought 😉