INmusic 2024

SweetJesus

Havent been following for some time, and took a look yesterday and was surprised to see reactions for Hozier. By far the best reactions out of all the bands at InMusic, specially better than The National. Who knows, maybe they can bump Hozier up to headliner status?

9 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Havent been following for some time, and took a look yesterday and was surprised to see reactions for Hozier. By far the best reactions out of all the bands at InMusic, specially better than The National. Who knows, maybe they can bump Hozier up to headliner status?

From their posts on Instagram they are definitely teasing another, yet to be announced, headliner. It looks like the act might start with a T and probably ends with an S. Poster suggests they've got less characters in their name than The National. Could be The Strokes, but not sure if they're going to be in Europe next summer.

16 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

From their posts on Instagram they are definitely teasing another, yet to be announced, headliner. It looks like the act might start with a T and probably ends with an S. Poster suggests they've got less characters in their name than The National. Could be The Strokes, but not sure if they're going to be in Europe next summer.

The Killers? The Chainsmokers? The Kooks? 

12 minutes ago, MK1 said:

The Killers? The Chainsmokers? The Kooks? 

Killers are in the UK during the festival I think. Chainsmokers would be too long (name looks like its shorter than The National), The Kooks would fit the space on the poster, but not sure if they're bigger than Hozier or Paolo Nutini to headline instead of them? I'm from the UK, so don't have any idea of how relative popularity translates to Croatia. Looking at setlist fm they've played Croatia once before at InMusic 2016 and didn't headline, and I don't think they are any bigger or relevant since then to warrant the step up.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 10:10 AM, SweetJesus said:

According to this poster, Qotsa, Massive Attack, LCD Soundsystem ruled out.

PJ Harvey?

403900786_6815564901856007_2553428694041088894_n.jpg

For reference, this is the poster I'm talking about for the third headliner. Any other guesses much appreciated! 

Never saw that poster, how old is that?  And why do you think its an actual name, maybe its just random, and nothing behind it, just meaning a third headliner is still to come.

If that poster is month or two old, I would be surprised if that had someone confirmed for months and still didnt announce it.

1 minute ago, Andrej said:

Never saw that poster, how old is that?  And why do you think its an actual name, maybe its just random, and nothing behind it, just meaning a third headliner is still to come.

If that poster is month or two old, I would be surprised if that had someone confirmed for months and still didnt announce it.

I think it was first posted about when @SweetJesus posted, but they've since reposted or referenced it on their Instagram a few times - I think including today even.

Given the design of the poster, it looks like it would be for the 3rd headliner as we know it's a 3 day festival with The Smashing Pumpkins and The National headlining the other two days, and the space looks like it's got another name written there but is covered up. If not the name of that act, what do you think it would be?

The third act might be someone who is yet to announce any EU tour plans, and so they might be waiting for permission of the band first to announce - this could be to coincidence with a new song, album, other tour dates, or a multitude of other reasons for the delay. 

For me, Hozier seems like a headliner on June 25. He is not smaller than Smashing P in Ex Yugoslavian region apparently, looking at reactions on socials.

If there is still headliner missing on 25th, zero clue who could it be. QOTSA, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Arcade Fire....

1 hour ago, SweetJesus said:

UPDATE:

The National & The Gaslight Anthem - 24 June

Hozier & Paolo Nutini - 25 June

The Smashing Pumpkins - 26 June

No info for VB & Sleaford Mods

Where's this from? I would've thought hozier would have been announced as a headliner if he was headlining.

Qotsa are in Spain on 26th June, and the killers are in the UK so can be ruled out.

4 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

UPDATE:

The National & The Gaslight Anthem - 24 June

Hozier & Paolo Nutini - 25 June

The Smashing Pumpkins - 26 June

No info for VB & Sleaford Mods

It makes me optimistic that there is quite a lot yet to come, looks like we might be getting solid undercards. Headliner + Hozier + Paolo Nutini would be considered a strong day for INmusic.