Stage capacities

dg.bandol

Appreciate there’s unlikely to be official numbers for this, but I was wondering (as a first timer) what the rough capacity of each of the stage fields/tents was?

Guessing roughly pyramid = 100k, other = 50k, Avalon circa 5k?

trying to get a rough idea in my head of sizes relative to other events I’ve been to- Bellahouston Park, Hyde Park etc, so any knowledge/educated guesses appreciated!

38 minutes ago, dg.bandol said:

Appreciate there’s unlikely to be official numbers for this, but I was wondering (as a first timer) what the rough capacity of each of the stage fields/tents was?

Guessing roughly pyramid = 100k, other = 50k, Avalon circa 5k?

trying to get a rough idea in my head of sizes relative to other events I’ve been to- Bellahouston Park, Hyde Park etc, so any knowledge/educated guesses appreciated!

There's a thread here somewhere about capacities at the festival for all the stages. Use Google to find it because the search function on eFests is terrible.

Alternatively there's a website where you can compare the size of the festival with any place in the world, in map form. Just Google Glastonbury Map Overlay.

For example, here's G-fest over Bellahouston.

Screenshot_20230618-134915_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dcfb3f2bd522e4ff38a6d471c56b0ddc.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, lendan said:

Found this from last year, this is my 1st year but I’m sure some of the veterans can let you know if it’s accurate 

IMG_7188.jpeg

IMG_7187.png

6k for Funkingham Palace? Is that not Stonebridge? I’ve not been in FP so cannot say but seems a stretch

Really doesnt seem like even close to 70k at Other. Even Libertines being as full as it was to open last year did not feel even close to that number. Cause Diana Ross last year had almost everyone there. If the cap being 134k ( not including sunday locals ) had the 120k there, then you only had 14,000 people everywhere else during her set. Kacey was on during her and had a small ish crowd but it wasnt a graveyard. 

Edited by Suprefan

17 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Really doesnt seem like even close to 70k at Other. Even Libertines being as full as it was to open last year did not feel even close to that number. Cause Diana Ross last year had almost everyone there. If the cap being 134k ( not including sunday locals ) had the 120k there, then you only had 14,000 people everywhere else during her set. Kacey was on during her and had a small ish crowd but it wasnt a graveyard. 

3 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

It's the 'secret' part of the Rabbit Hole

Oh right! The place where there is always seemingly a never ending queue? That makes sense why I’ve never been! Seemed to be a never ending queue at sweet charity last year as well - maybe I’ll make it into one of them this year! 

Just now, Ell99 said:

Oh right! The place where there is always seemingly a never ending queue? That makes sense why I’ve never been! Seemed to be a never ending queue at sweet charity last year as well - maybe I’ll make it into one of them this year! 

Yup the queue is the giveaway

Here's an actual link to the old thread, rather than a screenshot. There were lots of guesses and there's discussion on which are wrong.

Also note that although it says it's 2022 edition, it's from before that festival, so more like 2019 numbers.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/239155-size-of-stages-2022-edition/