Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

The mood of the comments on social media is overwhelmingly frustrated not hyped. If it's a marketing strategy to do all the winking and nudging but then that not lead to anything, it's a zero.

The National are walking on stage in precisely 2 weeks' time.  Slow hand clap...

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The mood of the comments on social media is overwhelmingly frustrated not hyped. If it's a marketing strategy to do all the winking and nudging but then that not lead to anything, it's a zero.

The National are walking on stage in precisely 2 weeks' time.  Slow hand clap...

Now we're past the "2 weeks before" thing, I just assume they're scrambling to replace one of the acts and are delaying the timetable until it's sorted. Some people drop €1000+ on this festival so it's not a great look for them. 

Just now, Gnarler said:

Now we're past the "2 weeks before" thing, I just assume they're scrambling to replace one of the acts and are delaying the timetable until it's sorted. Some people drop €1000+ on this festival so it's not a great look for them. 

I hear you but would they have been posting memes yesterday in responses to questions about the lineup if that were the case? Looks arrogant, need to back up with actions!

Just now, xxialac said:

I hear you but would they have been posting memes yesterday in responses to questions about the lineup if that were the case? Looks arrogant, need to back up with actions!

Oh for sure I'm just spitting my dummy out because I want the times. But at this point, I feel like they're just so tone deaf I wouldn't be surprised if that was just damage control in some way. 

Especially weird seeing after seeing this recording from this morning where they said they'd release the times today: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2146220877

1hr30m20s mark.

5 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Oh for sure I'm just spitting my dummy out because I want the times. But at this point, I feel like they're just so tone deaf I wouldn't be surprised if that was just damage control in some way. 

Especially weird seeing after seeing this recording from this morning where they said they'd release the times today: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2146220877

1hr30m20s mark.

Hahaha holy sh*t this clip is hilarious. The guy says it'll be today and one of the co-hosts immediately visibly winces and says "UHH ARE YOU SURE ITS TODAY?" and the other one starts pretending today could also mean tomorrow or this week or next week.

Man definitely revealed info he wasn't supposed to. This combined with their silence across socials today and them apparently tweaking the line-up page points to it being 99.9% ready with one annoying act or stage or something holding them up that they're desperately trying to sort.

Edited by churlie100
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, churlie100 said:

Hahaha holy sh*t this clip is hilarious. The guy says it'll be today and one of the co-hosts immediately visibly winces and says "UHH ARE YOU SURE ITS TODAY?" and the other one starts pretending today could also mean tomorrow or this week or next week.

Man definitely revealed info he wasn't supposed to.

Isn't it great! An actual facepalm and camera side-eye. Can hear the producers in their ear screaming at them to change the subject.

Well turns out they were right to change the subject cus he was wrong. Got my hopes up too.

Timetable would be great, but to be honest, I more or less only need the timetable at the time of purchase, or before getting on-site (or I guess before re-selling tickets if I'm really really unhappy about the timetable!). Nothing is going to change the fact that only about 30% of the bands I want to see can be seen.

15 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

Timetable would be great, but to be honest, I more or less only need the timetable at the time of purchase, or before getting on-site (or I guess before re-selling tickets if I'm really really unhappy about the timetable!). Nothing is going to change the fact that only about 30% of the bands I want to see can be seen.

This is not correct, someone could see the bands clashing in another concert before the PS or organize to see them at the Ciutat... having the timetables as early as possible allows you to make these choices

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

This is not correct, someone could see the bands clashing in another concert before the PS or organize to see them at the Ciutat... having the timetables as early as possible allows you to make these choices

This + allowing for enough time to catch up on certain artists that fit around your must-sees.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, branvan said:

having the timetable early allows you to get into bands you didn‘t know and can catch them at the festival. 

Yes, that's true. I was cautious to say "in my case" the timetable won't change much, and I stand by this, since the lineup is so good that it will be very difficult to find gaps where there is not already something I want to see. But of course in general having the timetable is on the day is pretty bad to discover bands.

Also it is not like the timetable will have many of us rush to book flights tonight to see a clashing band elsewhere.