Worthy View - Path down to festival...

Gashead86

Hi Guys, 

After a few festivals of watching the coverage from home and posting on here to help ease those Glasto blues, we actually have tickets this year!! 

We are staying up in Worthy View for the first time this year.. Mainly as we are taking our 3 year old to his first festival and could not face the prospect of queuing for entry with all of our stuff and then having to erect a tent with a tired toddler with us! 

As we have never stayed in WV before, we are not really too sure what to expect. The idea of our own showers, loos and a bar are all very appealing, but I will miss the hustle and bustle of the festival camping fields! Nothing quite like it! 

Anyway, on to my actual question.... Does anyone have any experience of the path to and from the festival from the WV campsite? 

I ask as we are considering options for transporting our 3 year old around with us. Realistically, there is no chance he is going to be able to handle the amount of walking to navigate the festival, so we are going to have to take something to get him around with us. 

My initial thought was a trolley... A trolley as in the type you see all over the festival with kids being carting around in.. BUT! I have heard that the path to and from WV is vert very steep and possibly not doable with a trolley(??). 

Thank in advanced to anyone who may be able to offer some advice - Thanks! 

HI There, 
Yes, found that video earlier... My gut tells me that is too steep to realistically cart a heavy trolley up and down several times a day... But without actually seeing it with my own eyes it is quite hard to gauge the gradient.. 

Thank you for posting! 

Anyone stayed up there and able to give an idea?

“Several times a day” - definitely not I’d say with a trolley or otherwise.

In 2022 they of course changed the path to a new one which was much steeper I thought (as did others on here), and I saw a few people slipping.  I’m in my 40s, healthy, and got sick of the steep walk up each time! (once per day).  

Of course it’s at the top of Pennards Hill already near Strummerville so already a walk, and most people will leave in the morning, and come back only at the end of the day.

I wrote to them afterwards with feedback on the new path and they acknowledged, and said something to the effect they were looking into it for this year, so things might have changed again (you could ask the WV team about the path). 

Benefits of course are great with the pre-erected tent, car park literally two mins walk from the entrance, etc.  I’ve loved it the four or five times I’ve been.  Just not that new path!

3 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

“Several times a day” - definitely not I’d say with a trolley or otherwise.

In 2022 they of course changed the path to a new one which was much steeper I thought (as did others on here), and I saw a few people slipping.  I’m in my 40s, healthy, and got sick of the steep walk up each time! (once per day).  

Of course it’s at the top of Pennards Hill already near Strummerville so already a walk, and most people will leave in the morning, and come back only at the end of the day.

I wrote to them afterwards with feedback on the new path and they acknowledged, and said something to the effect they were looking into it for this year, so things might have changed again (you could ask the WV team about the path). 

Benefits of course are great with the pre-erected tent, car park literally two mins walk from the entrance, etc.  I’ve loved it the four or five times I’ve been.  Just not that new path!

I was told yesterday its changed by someone who sherpas up there 

7 hours ago, Gashead86 said:

Hi Guys, 

After a few festivals of watching the coverage from home and posting on here to help ease those Glasto blues, we actually have tickets this year!! 

We are staying up in Worthy View for the first time this year.. Mainly as we are taking our 3 year old to his first festival and could not face the prospect of queuing for entry with all of our stuff and then having to erect a tent with a tired toddler with us! 

As we have never stayed in WV before, we are not really too sure what to expect. The idea of our own showers, loos and a bar are all very appealing, but I will miss the hustle and bustle of the festival camping fields! Nothing quite like it! 

Anyway, on to my actual question.... Does anyone have any experience of the path to and from the festival from the WV campsite? 

I ask as we are considering options for transporting our 3 year old around with us. Realistically, there is no chance he is going to be able to handle the amount of walking to navigate the festival, so we are going to have to take something to get him around with us. 

My initial thought was a trolley... A trolley as in the type you see all over the festival with kids being carting around in.. BUT! I have heard that the path to and from WV is vert very steep and possibly not doable with a trolley(??). 

Thank in advanced to anyone who may be able to offer some advice - Thanks! 

There’s a reason why they say WV isn’t suitable for the disabled. The path from WV definitely isn’t do-able for wheelchairs or trolleys. Even before it was made EVEN steeper last year, it would have been nigh on impossible to get one up and down. Maybe take a foldable pushchair which you can carry up and down? 

Edited by phillyfaddle

17 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Maybe leave the trolley in the lockup at the top of Pennards camping field?

Ah ha! Now this is incredibly helpful! Thank you! 

So there is a lock up near Pennard? Do you happen to know if they would allow us to keep a largeish trolley in it overnight? 

If so, that sounds like a perfect solution. 

Thanks guys

1 hour ago, Gashead86 said:

So there is a lock up near Pennard? Do you happen to know if they would allow us to keep a largeish trolley in it overnight? 

Thanks guys

There is a lock up on Pennards!

You should be okay according to this: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/Information/advice/property-lock-ups/.

2 hours ago, Gashead86 said:

Thanks guys

They'd definitely be fine with the trolley. I checked a bike in and out every day at the PGC lock up last year and wasn't the only one. 

I stayed in WV last year, bearing in mind the weather was good before and after, I saw plenty of people struggling with trolleys/pushchairs/anything with wheels. Plenty of people were struggling who didn't have a trolley too. It is steep. Some rain is forecast so if you can avoid a trolley I would. 

22 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I was told yesterday its changed by someone who sherpas up there 

Did you find out any specifics? Hoping to understand feasiblitiy of taking my sack trolley down with booze on! Would be good to know if they've added in tricky steps etc. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, JLLee said:

Did you find out any specifics? Hoping to understand feasiblitiy of taking my sack trolley down with booze on! Would be good to know if they've added in tricky steps etc. Thanks!

Will ask colleague on Friday think it was a slope though 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

There is a lock up on Pennards!

You should be okay according to this: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/Information/advice/property-lock-ups/.

Pennards Lock Up worker here!

Your trolley is absolutely fine to check in/check out as and when you need it and we are open 24/7 throughout the festival 🙂

• Upvote 2

On 6/14/2023 at 9:03 PM, rottencrotch said:

Pennards Lock Up worker here!

Your trolley is absolutely fine to check in/check out as and when you need it and we are open 24/7 throughout the festival 🙂

You absolute legend you! 

Thank so much.