1 major change

Fred Zepplin

7 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Retractable dome over the site 😃

no worries about weather and they could have projections on it

what about the manic's idea of tarmacing the whole site. 😛 

34 minutes ago, Neil said:

what about the manic's idea of tarmacing the whole site. 😛 

Had entirely forgotten about that gig, was it 94? Other Stage? And he goes, "need to build a few more motorways through this place" or something like that... Which went down well after the Newbury / Solsbury bypass years!

16 hours ago, stuie said:

If you want to count Rimski’s yard fair enough. In my opinion, the last new additions were IICON and Glastonbury on sea. Not forgetting the new Arcadia crane which didn’t work out of course but innovation and new ideas are still a thing at Glastonbury. 

Let’s see what The Levels brings to the party this year!

Oh yeah there are new ideas from existing groups, none of which have been great hits - the Arcadia crane being an example of that. I think IICON was better last year but a disappointment generally in 2019 if I remember?

I dunno, just some stuff Skip said about the next generation of folk doing stuff being existing workers' kids... it kind of made a few things fall into place for me.

A few festivals back Shangri-La had SHITV which was a nice idea - basically a small theatre done out as a TV studio with the idea being they were filming over-the-top style TV shows constantly - so in essence sketch comedy. And it was *so* bad. I mean, we spent a good hour in there, jaws on the floor, because it was just so embarrassing.

Did they recruit any existing sketch groups to try and put together a programme? Not that we could tell - bunch of fairly big comedy fans didn't recognise a single performer. It's always mystified me how something like that actually happened, but now it makes sense - it was the kids of one of the organisers asking to put on a show with their mates, despite having no experience in comedy. I dunno, maybe that happens elsewhere, maybe many of the DJs in the SE corner are also just kids having a go, but it was so obvious in this case, as I dare say, bad sketch comedy is much more notable than bad DJing.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe not a major change but the Stonebridge bar should be moved further away from The Park Stage. Both killing each others vibe so much. Max Richter playing with banging beats in the background this morning did not work, and I couldn’t hear the end of Yoda’s set once Unknown Mortal Orchestra started 

More urinals with like a divider , as a sufferer of bad anxiety I get bad bladder shyness, and can some time spend 20 mins in a urinal trying and when it’s about to come out, someone moves and it shuts up shop, so with drinking I spend a lot of time queue for long drops or portaloos,