The entirely justified FOMO MOFOs

blutarsky

55 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

@blutarsky congrats on the new baby. I feel your pain in missing out - we missed it for years while our kids were younger BUT instead of taking them with us (they are now 6-12) they have an annual weekend with grandparents and we have a child free weekend 🎉, which we started when the youngest was 2. Just an idea for you, rather than waiting until they are old enough to come to Glasto too. For us, our kids wouldn’t yet stay up late enough to enjoy the headliners, or do all the walking around the site needed to see all the bands we want to catch so it still wouldn’t work for us to take them. We take them to smaller festivals instead.

During the years we didn’t go, we embraced all the TV coverage and enjoyed it from home. 

Oh, we fully intend to be there sans children in 2024. We were there in 2022 - our then 18-month-old had a few nights with the in-laws. 

58 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Ticketless this year for first time since 2014. Not getting a ticket this year has actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise in terms of some other very recent personal problems that have arisen, but I am still gutted to be missing out on all of the build-up on here and then actually being there. I will watch the lot on TV. 

Hope you get things sorted the best you can. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Oh, we fully intend to be there sans children in 2024. We were there in 2022 - our then 18-month-old had a few nights with the in-laws. 

Hope you get things sorted the best you can. 

Thanks. Is more of an issue with my Mum being terminally ill so not really sortable but glad to be spending extra time with her rather than Glastonbury.

7 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Thanks. Is more of an issue with my Mum being terminally ill so not really sortable but glad to be spending extra time with her rather than Glastonbury.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending you love x 

7 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

That's sh*t news mate, sorry. Hope you get some quality time with her. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

How are the residents of this thread feeling about the weather forecast. Anyone ready to admit to being a *tiny* bit pleased about the latest apocalyptic forecast? 

Yeah, being selfish I sort of hope it's a washout to reduce demand a bit in October. I'd still feel bad for the people there. From what I've seen it looks pretty good weather though?

I managed tickets every year from 2004 to 2016, but since then I've only managed to get tickets for last year in the resale. Missed out again this year even with lots of people helping, joined the resale groups, bought the chocolate, done the competitions, got the page check notification in case of a secret resale. Ah well, this will be the third I've missed then.

I'll watch bits on TV I suppose, it's difficult but better than not I reckon. I'm out on the Friday night anyway so will miss that. It only very slightly helps that the line-up for me is a bit underwhelming this year. Woodsies looks decent and the Park. Pyramid and Other Stage very poor apart from a couple on each I'd be looking forward to - TWOD, QOTSA, Elton John - and they clash! It's not about that though is it?

Looking at the webcam again despite myself, it seems so weird for it to be happening again and not be going.

Edited by Chip Batch

2 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Thanks everyone, ran out of upvotes. Did not want to turn this into a pity party, it is just the way it has fallen this year after failing in April as well. I think watching it may exacerbate the FOMO but I'll deal with that at the time!

It's okay to explore the emotions you're feeling. Take comfort in knowing you aren't alone.
It's a wonderful place that many of us hold close, and are very passionate about - it's normal and valid to feel negative emotions around not being able to go, especially when it is completely out of your control.

Sending big love. I really hope you have a good time doing whatever you do whilst it's on. We are all right there with you 💚

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

It's okay to explore the emotions you're feeling. Take comfort in knowing you aren't alone.
It's a wonderful place that many of us hold close, and are very passionate about - it's normal and valid to feel negative emotions around not being able to go, especially when it is completely out of your control.

Sending big love. I really hope you have a good time doing whatever you do whilst it's on. We are all right there with you 💚

Thank you!