Bearded Theory 2024

CHEERS TO ONE AND ALL! 🍺

Join us down the local for some fresh pints. We’ve got some great breweries pouring for you this year, including Brooklyn, Hobgoblin, Wainwright, Westons, Shipstones and of course, legendary Burton beer, Bass.

We’ll have a huge range of cask ales and ciders (including Bearded Theory favourite range, Rosie’s Pig ❤️🐷) plus spirit and mixers, award-winning low and alcohol free beers and a selection of gluten-free and vegan ales, beers and ciders across the board!

PLUS, don't forget we've teamed up with Frank Water this year who'll be serving unlimited refills of cold, filtered water and botanical cordials, with each purchase supporting their charity work, ensuring the worlds’ most marginalised communities receive access to clean, safe water, sanitation and hygiene for life.

See you down The Catton

Fiddle!

Screenshot_20240420-151632.png

• Upvote 1

DELICIOUS FOOD 😋

Our list of food vendors is updated for the 2024 festival! We have hand selected a yummy bunch of tasty treats for you to tuck into while you're at the festival.

We've got fan favourites the Texas Smokery and Truly Crumptious back again, plus plenty of vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options from the likes of Creative Intentions, Food in the Belly and more! Festival-staples like the Paelleria (how can you resist a bit of Spanish cuisine in the sunshine!?), as well as more global flavours with Indian, Lebanese, Chinese, Italian and Greek options all on the table.

We have hand selected a yummy bunch of tasty treats for you to tuck into while you’re at the festival with plenty of vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free optTexas Smokery • Tikka Guys • Shakebar II • Rocket Dogs • Korean Chicken • Espresso Coffee House • Poffertgies UK • Italian Kitchen • Shippy Chippy Fish and Chips • Wildfire Burger Co • Castaway Kitchen • Nurses Cottage • Mac Daddy • Taste of Spice • Mango Rays • Brownie Madame • Spanish Street Food • Steak It Easy • Truly Crumptious • Carnival Coffee & Crepes • Barnaby Sykes Pie Maker • My Big Fat Greek • Stonebake Pizza • Noodle City • Smash The Hash • Soul Bowl • Food in the Belly • Jolly Hog • Tibetan Kitchen • Taylors Toasties • Toastiefest • Cargo House Coffee • Loaded Fries • Bubble Waffle • On The Green Bus • The Pink Donut Van • Melted Toasties • Churros Ole • Paelleria • Creative Intentions • Frank Water
Edited by Paul ™

8 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

DELICIOUS FOOD 😋

Our list of food vendors is updated for the 2024 festival! We have hand selected a yummy bunch of tasty treats for you to tuck into while you're at the festival.

We've got fan favourites the Texas Smokery and Truly Crumptious back again, plus plenty of vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options from the likes of Creative Intentions, Food in the Belly and more! Festival-staples like the Paelleria (how can you resist a bit of Spanish cuisine in the sunshine!?), as well as more global flavours with Indian, Lebanese, Chinese, Italian and Greek options all on the table.

We have hand selected a yummy bunch of tasty treats for you to tuck into while you’re at the festival with plenty of vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free optTexas Smokery • Tikka Guys • Shakebar II • Rocket Dogs • Korean Chicken • Espresso Coffee House • Poffertgies UK • Italian Kitchen • Shippy Chippy Fish and Chips • Wildfire Burger Co • Castaway Kitchen • Nurses Cottage • Mac Daddy • Taste of Spice • Mango Rays • Brownie Madame • Spanish Street Food • Steak It Easy • Truly Crumptious • Carnival Coffee & Crepes • Barnaby Sykes Pie Maker • My Big Fat Greek • Stonebake Pizza • Noodle City • Smash The Hash • Soul Bowl • Food in the Belly • Jolly Hog • Tibetan Kitchen • Taylors Toasties • Toastiefest • Cargo House Coffee • Loaded Fries • Bubble Waffle • On The Green Bus • The Pink Donut Van • Melted Toasties • Churros Ole • Paelleria • Creative Intentions • Frank Water

I hope the Toasted Sandwich vendor that was just on the track down to Woodland is back... absolutely delicious!

19 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

CHEERS TO ONE AND ALL! 🍺

Join us down the local for some fresh pints. We’ve got some great breweries pouring for you this year, including Brooklyn, Hobgoblin, Wainwright, Westons, Shipstones and of course, legendary Burton beer, Bass.

We’ll have a huge range of cask ales and ciders (including Bearded Theory favourite range, Rosie’s Pig ❤️🐷) plus spirit and mixers, award-winning low and alcohol free beers and a selection of gluten-free and vegan ales, beers and ciders across the board!

PLUS, don't forget we've teamed up with Frank Water this year who'll be serving unlimited refills of cold, filtered water and botanical cordials, with each purchase supporting their charity work, ensuring the worlds’ most marginalised communities receive access to clean, safe water, sanitation and hygiene for life.

See you down The Catton

Fiddle!

Screenshot_20240420-151632.png

Wainwright and Shipstones looks a downgrade from Thornbridge (for my tastes) but those Belgian additions look very enticing.

Intrigued by the Bodega do Dylan set trailed in the latest news too. Definitely some positive fresh ideas being introduced.  Will be very happy if get chance to see Bodega twice too.

Edited by ciderbus

Thornbridge still on the list, but they haven't ran the bars for a good few years now.

Carslberg produce the main beers, they use them in their venues so makes business sense, and local to the site so cheaper and greener to transport them there.

31 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Woodland would be on the busy side then if it's the sole venue open Thurs...

It's not, Pallet is on the Thursday night as per usual now.

On 4/21/2024 at 9:25 AM, Paul ™ said:

Thornbridge still on the list, but they haven't ran the bars for a good few years now.

Carslberg produce the main beers, they use them in their venues so makes business sense, and local to the site so cheaper and greener to transport them there.

Fair do's cheers.

The Jaipur at BT has probably damaged my memory 🤪

31 minutes ago, ciderbus said:

Fair do's cheers.

The Jaipur at BT has probably damaged my memory 🤪

Remember when they did the Jaipur X for a couple of years, that was around 10% 😂

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Remember when they did the Jaipur X for a couple of years, that was around 10% 😂

It was lethal - came off shift once tired and everything and it was late evening and it floored me after 2 pints much to amusement of fellow stewards...

Les Savy Fav's website has them down as playing on the 23rd, but somewhere in my mind I thought we'd already had the Thursday line up and they weren't on it? They have other shows on the 24th and 25th, so I guess they might have done the 'take the first day of the festival as the date regardless of when you're actually playing' thing and actually be on the Sunday, especially as the routing is then Dublin > Leeds > BT instead of BT> Dublin > Leeds. Must see band as far as I'm concerned, the frontman is incredible.

10 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Say it really quietly but weather models currently suggest 2nd week in May temperatures will edge ABOVE average...........

shhhhhhhh

Now you've done it! 🤔

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Say it really quietly but weather models currently suggest 2nd week in May temperatures will edge ABOVE average...........

shhhhhhhh

Stop looking at weather and do your hacking (or whatever its called) =D