Camping at 12.00 on wed

Crazyfool01

So we normally camp located near the R of lower mead next to JP .... a bit concerned now the field has shrunk as we only have one in an advance party that might be a challenge for them to hold space until around 12 when most of our group will arrive .... so are there any places on the map where it would be reasonable to assume there will be space left . ideally as close to JP  as possible or near a lockup 

Screenshot 2023-06-03 at 15.38.27.png

• Like 1

Am in similar position as our usual spot now taken up by disabled camping. I figured others who've camped in these areas may make Lime Kiln, Hitchin Hill and Micahel's Mead fill up quicker than usual if they switch to the remaining space. But I'd bet still some space there for midday Weds.

We're still undecided but likely to stay away, maybe opt for one of the areas that wasn't open last year.

1 hour ago, cerv said:

Am in similar position as our usual spot now taken up by disabled camping. I figured others who've camped in these areas may make Lime Kiln, Hitchin Hill and Micahel's Mead fill up quicker than usual if they switch to the remaining space. But I'd bet still some space there for midday Weds.

We're still undecided but likely to stay away, maybe opt for one of the areas that wasn't open last year.

Have you checked on the map? Accessible have only taken a small part of Wicket for caravans/campervans. The main field for Accessible camping will still be Spring Ground. 

15 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Have you checked on the map? Accessible have only taken a small part of Wicket for caravans/campervans. The main field for Accessible camping will still be Spring Ground. 

Heya, I'm only going by the map in this thread (i.e. the official website one). It suggests, if taking up the whole segments covered by the symbol, that accessible area has roughly doubled in size compared to last year (when adding chunks of Wicket and Hitchin together). Have you got different info from somewhere?

6 minutes ago, cerv said:

Heya, I'm only going by the map in this thread (i.e. the official website one). It suggests, if taking up the whole segments covered by the symbol, that accessible area has roughly doubled in size compared to last year (when adding chunks of Wicket and Hitchin together). Have you got different info from somewhere?

No, but originally it was announced that Accessible were completely moving into Wicket. This later changed to just campervans moving into Wicket. I thought you might not be aware of the change of plan. 🙂

32 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

No, but originally it was announced that Accessible were completely moving into Wicket. This later changed to just campervans moving into Wicket. I thought you might not be aware of the change of plan. 🙂

Gotcha, cheers. We might do a quick scout of the area in case it's not as severe as suggested on the map.