Generation Sex

drunk pumpkin

Billy seemed to not know the words for any of the songs and was constantly looking at a screen at his feet so it somewhat looked like he was doing karaoke. So as a performance it could have been a bit more exciting, given his charisma and general persona. That said, musically it was on point. The band sounded great and fun to hear these songs live. 

6 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Billy seemed to not know the words for any of the songs and was constantly looking at a screen at his feet so it somewhat looked like he was doing karaoke. 

He was the weakest link.  Sounded OK, but a very static performance.  Although he was probably dying in all that black leather.

8 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Billy seemed to not know the words for any of the songs and was constantly looking at a screen at his feet so it somewhat looked like he was doing karaoke. So as a performance it could have been a bit more exciting, given his charisma and general persona. That said, musically it was on point. The band sounded great and fun to hear these songs live. 

Yeah, I understand that he's forgotten a lot over the years, but surely you don't need the words for 'My Way'?

It was either great or terrible, I still haven't decided. Would have been much better in a tent. 

56 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Yeah, I understand that he's forgotten a lot over the years, but surely you don't need the words for 'My Way'?

It was either great or terrible, I still haven't decided. Would have been much better in a tent. 

Everyone around me seemed to enjoy it. Echo the poster earlier - I thought the sound of Steve Jones’ guitar was fantastic. 

Agree tent probably works better!

Absolutely gutted I missed this. Didn’t know anything about it. Still have my original vinyl copy of Never Mind The B*llocks.  Saw the Pistols live at O2 Brixton academy in 2007, what a night.  Now watching on iPlayer, pogoing around the room.  Wish I’d been there…

Edited by Sheffield Steve

I loved this set. Thought it was great fun and that they looked great up there on Other Stage. This was one of my must see's. I'm so glad I experienced it