Walking from PGA to Sticklinch entrance?

6XRy0PnAZHuxifz0LqVp

We're getting the coach in but staying in Sticklinch.

Wondering if it's easier/quicker to walk from PGA down to the Sticklinch entrance, rather than join the long queue at PGA and then have to do the long walk through the site to Sticklinch anyway?

Anyone done it or can advise? If so, what's the best way? (e.g. Is there a path like attached?)

Thanks 🙂

image.png.b409c508637cdf982a967bc89813b8e0.png

I'm interested in this too. Unless they make a path through Pylon's Stewart camping the above seems much more logical. I'm half hoping that Seetickets asking how we're going to WV/Sticklinch at some point in the booking /ordering process will show that it's worth making Coach travellers walk a little easier.

We arrived at the Sticklinch parking lot around noon or 1 last year, and the queue at the Sticklinch entrance was around 10-15 people deep. This queue was definitely shorter/faster than the queue at PGA.

We had to pick our tickets up from the international ticket booth, so we had to walk from the Sticklinch parking lot to PGA. As far as we could tell, it wasn't possible to go the way you're planning to go, as there is a house in the way, and we didn't want to walk through someone's yard.

I drew a red line on the path we took.

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 2.22.51 AM.png

4 hours ago, t0paz said:

Is there not a shuttle bus from the coach station to Sticklinch? I’m sure I read there was one for Worthy View.

Unfortunately there's only a shuttle for WV 😕

12 hours ago, moogster said:

I'm interested in this too. Unless they make a path through Pylon's Stewart camping the above seems much more logical. I'm half hoping that Seetickets asking how we're going to WV/Sticklinch at some point in the booking /ordering process will show that it's worth making Coach travellers walk a little easier.

I spoke to some other people and apparently the route I've highlighted could be tricky/limited. You end up walking along the fence and there's some restricted bits on the way - security get a bit funny apparently (according to someone who did it last year - they did make it through fine though after security checked tickets tho).

12 hours ago, jevans.900 said:

Just looked through my photos from last year, and totally forgot the main reason that path isn't viable is because the entire area is fenced off.

sticklinch parking lot.png

The fence appears to be around SL carpark, which is before PGD I think...wondering if we go down to PGD instead where the queue is probably still shorter than PGA.

Just now, Another eforum account said:

Could you not go in Ped Gate D and then get into sticklinch via Gully’s Gate? Walking on the outside from the int. ticket office to Ped Gate D is straight forward/do-able

That's what I was thinking.

Is it basically the route I've highlighted in my image up to PDG? Or is it something else?

13 minutes ago, 6XRy0PnAZHuxifz0LqVp said:

That's what I was thinking.

Is it basically the route I've highlighted in my image up to PDG? Or is it something else?

Yes route to D (assuming same as last year will work there’s a track following the fence. Then go into the festival like the blue I’ve marked - you’d obviously have to join the cue at D 

IMG_2329.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Just now, Another eforum account said:

Yes route to D (assuming same as last year will work there’s a track following the fence. Then go into the festival like the blue I’ve marked - you’d obviously have to join the cue at D 

IMG_2329.jpeg

Just thought the newest map has a boundary change but from memory there’s another hard standing track in that bit of the car park - was trying to cross ref with new map & google earth but internet isn’t playing ball ATM! 

• Upvote 1

On 5/15/2023 at 3:54 PM, t0paz said:

Is there not a shuttle bus from the coach station to Sticklinch? I’m sure I read there was one for Worthy View.

The official guidance from the festival organisers if you're coming in via public transport is to come in via Ped Gate A and walk down to the entrance 

image.png.17b0304cfcecabf85dd1ee94ee40cace.png

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, eyebrain said:

thanks!

So to confirm with you guys here; I am someone who is arriving with someone who stays and parks at Sticklinch. From this parking lot I assume this is a viable option to PG D!? 

image.thumb.jpeg.7af51922d6cb4fb69575d11eba281110.jpeg

I've got a feeling that's a road, if so they won't let you walk it and you'd have to go through the site

11 hours ago, clarkete said:

I've got a feeling that's a road, if so they won't let you walk it and you'd have to go through the site

But I can't go through the site as I can't enter from Sticklinch, can I? 

So i went deeper into my research with google earth and realised there's zootopia camping near the place. On their site https://zootopia.uk/info/ they describe getting from gate D to theirs like this: To walk from Gate D, turn left and walk through Orange Car Park 39 to Orange Car Park 40. As you enter Orange Car Park 40, turn immediately left onto Stickleball Lane. Turn left again and walk down Stickleball Lane for 200 metres. Zootopia will be on your right.

That leads me to believe this path should be walkable: image.thumb.png.102cff1b32da63c1e0b021d6b30172aa.png

Can anybody confirm that parking is not surrounded with fence!? 

Edited by eyebrain

There's anecdotal evidence elsewhere of people who say they travelled to WV with friends who were staying there, and then were able to get their wristbands at the entrance to WV and then go through WV to Pennard Hill / King's Gate to enter the site. If that's true then presumably the same is possible at Sticklinch.