williams green ... carhenge

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Agreed, loss of WG is an absolute joke and a stain on this year’s festival as far as i’m concernered

Agreed. It is a massive loss to the new and upcoming bands, the supportive fans and the festival's ethos overall.

When the rumours first started that WG was going I thought, surely they are going to replace it with something similar, possibly larger, elsewhere. Turns out not.

Just now, Glastoboy said:

Agreed. It is a massive loss to the new and upcoming bands, the supportive fans and the festival's ethos overall.

When the rumours first started that WG was going I thought, surely they are going to replace it with something similar, possibly larger, elsewhere. Turns out not.

1. What is the festivals ethos?
  2. What has it got to do with upcoming bands?

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

wow . id rather health and safety police than a crowd control incident that caused the festival / people issues by a long shot 

Or the festival could have not been as stupid as to put a massive act in a tiny tent unopposed

glastonbury are not above criticism

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

wow . id rather health and safety police than a crowd control incident that caused the festival / people issues by a long shot 

Alternatively…. Don’t bother with the Thursday night carnage but keep the stage for the reminder of the festival. H&S risk removed, but you’ve kept a unique stage. 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

of course they arent . but they do respond pretty well too it in my opinion 

Their response this time was to bin the entire tent and not replace it. Which is why we are mad!

I am into dance music but how is it right that theres 25 late night options for this and few non dance offerings late night?

How is it right to remove the only well curated new acts tent? 

i cant do owt about it but its very poor

• Like 2

Just now, sadimmock said:

Alternatively…. Don’t bother with the Thursday night carnage but keep the stage for the reminder of the festival. H&S risk removed, but you’ve kept a unique stage. 

personally id rather this happened but then theyve not saved the money . as alluded to on previous page , they are on a lose lose situation here . 

Just now, Skip997 said:
  1. What is the festivals ethos?
  2. What has it got to do with upcoming bands?

Where are tomorrow's main stage artists coming from if they have nowhere to start from and nowhere to be seen? Glastonbury has historically provided for them.

There are some excellent female and female-fronted bands out there right now, but barely any are performing at Glastonbury this year. Getting rid of WG isn't going to help the intended ambition of trying to promote gender equality of the acts at Glastonbury in the future.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Glastoboy said:

Where are tomorrow's main stage artists coming from if they have nowhere to start from and nowhere to be seen? Glastonbury has historically provided for them.

There are some excellent female and female-fronted bands out there right now, but barely any are performing at Glastonbury this year. Getting rid of WG isn't going to help the intended ambition of trying to promote gender equality of the acts at Glastonbury in the future.

Thanks

Good response.

Surely there' somewhere else to put them, BBC intro, Woodsies, Strummerville etc

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

of course they arent . but they do respond pretty well too it in my opinion 

Do they?

Numbers have increased again this year, and now there is a new attraction that will bring lots of people to the spot that caused lots of crowd control issues

Doesn't make as much sense to me as "don't put a big act on there in the thursday night"

4 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Do they?

Numbers have increased again this year, and now there is a new attraction that will bring lots of people to the spot that caused lots of crowd control issues

Doesn't make as much sense to me as "don't put a big act on there in the thursday night"

not quite sure the argument here ? thought it was supposed to be unpopular ? edit  and yes they are dealing with the crowd control issues ... ive spoken to stewards and people higher who's job it is to address those issues , new layout for arcadia being one example 

Edited by Crazyfool01

9 minutes ago, Glastoboy said:

Out of reactions. Great post.

Glastonbury will only be platforming acts that have already broken through for the most part, if their smallest stages / slots are early doors park and woodsies

(Emerging talent comp aside which has rarely had anyone that great)

Panic shack are on truth but where are the likes of lynks / lambrini girls / fat dog / keg etc

Edited by Memory Man

Just now, Skip997 said:

Thanks

Good response.

Surely there' somewhere else to put them, BBC intro, Woodsies, Strummerville etc

Woodsies is too big, BBC too small if anything. Strummerville is Strummerville.

Besides, they are already full of acts, you can't just squeeze an extra 30 something from WG in.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Do they?

Really FFS

This is a massive error, when will they ever learn?

What will it take to get them to see some sense? An actual crush?

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

not quite sure the argument here ? thought it was supposed to be unpopular ? 

How could we know how popular it is until we get there?

Newbies to the festival will have no idea what williams green is, but will have heard loads about this big new attraction drawing crowds in. Most likely on the Wednesday and Thursday when there is less on.

As I've said numerous times, I don't care either way about the cars outside of thinking it's a bit crap, I just don't like that one of the best stages for music that's my particular taste is gone and seemingly not replaced.

I imagine if you took any other music stage and replaced it with cars, you'd have the same arguments just from a different crowd.

Just now, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

How could we know how popular it is until we get there?

Newbies to the festival will have no idea what williams green is, but will have heard loads about this big new attraction drawing crowds in. Most likely on the Wednesday and Thursday when there is less on.

As I've said numerous times, I don't care either way about the cars outside of thinking it's a bit crap, I just don't like that one of the best stages for music that's my particular taste is gone and seemingly not replaced.

I imagine if you took any other music stage and replaced it with cars, you'd have the same arguments just from a different crowd.

yes with is exactly why we wont ever agree as we all like different but somehow they need to save money or put the ticket price up sad that that is its always going to piss people off ... another £50 might price my lot out .... of course those gaps would be filled by others ... but id sadly make the choice of losing williams green over that .