Slam Dunk 2024

Dukey

34 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Busted were fine as a novelty booking but really don’t see them being booked as an out and out headliner. There would for sure be a large portion of the crowd who would love it, but I feel like it wouldn’t be a direction the festival would want to head in and would piss off a lot of people too.

Exactly this, it would piss off sooooo many people as they’d see it as moving in the wrong direction and probably lead the fest to sell out to sell tickets. 

You’d have a lot of tickets sold for them and the fest would suffer, the crowds would just hover at their stage waiting and other stages would be dead. The atmosphere, vibe and essence of the fest would be gone. 

They are essentially a pop punk band but way  closer to the pop spectrum. As above, worked as a novelty guest slot but wouldn’t go down as a listed headliner. 

Also their fee for a headline slot would likely be most of the fests budget 😂

2 hours ago, Josnton said:

Busted would be better suited to the KIGH slot of this summer than actually headlining the festival. 

That ain’t happening with the size of them plus as above it would bring in a crowd that wouldn’t care about the rest of the line up. 

Another secret slot maybe but that’s already been done. 🙃

18 hours ago, jcarb said:

That ain’t happening with the size of them plus as above it would bring in a crowd that wouldn’t care about the rest of the line up. 

Another secret slot maybe but that’s already been done. 🙃

Busted would have to headline but there is no chance I would spend my money on them without the fest of the lineup being tops.

Avril Lavigne announced for Southside/Hurricane in Germany in June. Billy Talent headlined last year. Makes her likely for either Slam Dunk, Download or a potential new festival with BMTH as they’re also about in Europe in June and think they may do something similar in the UK to what they’re doing in Japan later this year. 

25 minutes ago, foolee said:

Avril Lavigne announced for Southside/Hurricane in Germany in June. Billy Talent headlined last year. Makes her likely for either Slam Dunk, Download or a potential new festival with BMTH as they’re also about in Europe in June and think they may do something similar in the UK to what they’re doing in Japan later this year. 

More than likely BMTH with their own day somewhere or Download. 

I don’t see her at Slam Dunk ever sadly. 

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

Can't think why the idea of a festive day with BMTH and Avril Lavigne would ever be appealing? 

Maybe not for you but I reckon it’d sell pretty well. A day like below curated by BMTH would work well although it’s probably a bit top heavy. 

BMTH
MGK
Yungblud
Avril Lavigne
Baby Metal
I Prevail
Nova Twins
Jesse Jo Stark

21 hours ago, foolee said:

Maybe not for you but I reckon it’d sell pretty well. A day like below curated by BMTH would work well although it’s probably a bit top heavy. 

BMTH
MGK
Yungblud
Avril Lavigne
Baby Metal
I Prevail
Nova Twins
Jesse Jo Stark

That lineup would never happen.  
Babymetal and MGK are both headliners in their own right. 

21 hours ago, foolee said:

BMTH
MGK
Yungblud
Avril Lavigne
Baby Metal
I Prevail
Nova Twins
Jesse Jo Stark

A BIT TOP HEAVY lol. MGK and YUNGBLUD are going to be in the same conversation as BMTH soon lol. So what you want is 3 arena bands on one day with another act below close to that themselves with 2 decent sized bands still below them lol. This isn't WWWY3 hah. Avril Lavigne still sticks out like a sore thumb there. I get doing one of collaborations with artists but this is mad! 

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

Are BMTH definitely too big to headline this?, they have started this last year by having a bands that can do arena shows.

Yes, last year we had Enter Shikari + The Offspring. BMTH are miles bigger than those bands currently. 

BMTH are headlining major festivals like Download and Reading now. 

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

They headlined Download this year, so yes.

45 minutes ago, Josnton said:

Yes, last year we had Enter Shikari + The Offspring. BMTH are miles bigger than those bands currently. 

BMTH are headlining major festivals like Download and Reading now. 

Yeah fair points, I was just thinking what they could do in June here. As suggested though, their owns are more than possible.

9 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Glasto again?

I think BMTH will take any opportunity that gives them a higher Glastonbury slot thus appealing to broader fans. And to reach that appeal takes time. It is also a place where a lot of BMTH fans won't have Glastonbury in their first thought and will tickets an instant sellout there, still doing their own outdoor show won't harm it. I will say though, unless they were offered Other sub, I don't think they would take it, I don't see then getting the headliner spot.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

I think BMTH will take any opportunity that gives them a higher Glastonbury slot thus appealing to broader fans. And to reach that appeal takes time. It is also a place where a lot of BMTH fans won't have Glastonbury in their first thought and will tickets an instant sellout there, still doing their own outdoor show won't harm it. I will say though, unless they were offered Other sub, I don't think they would take it, I don't see then getting the headliner spot.

They did Sunday afternoon in 2019 on the Other stage, think they'd still be sub or third down on Other in 2024.

3 hours ago, ScarletBlaster said:

They did Sunday afternoon in 2019 on the Other stage, think they'd still be sub or third down on Other in 2024.

They did 3rd down other in 2016, 2019, they did 5th down other probably just to play. Next year in 3 Glastonbury's since so if they are offered sub Other then it's their highest offer there. I'm sure they realise a high Pyramid slot or headlining Other are unlikely. QOTSA have done it twice but I feel they are a little more accessible, although I currently wouldn't say they are bigger. I'm not a huge fan of ether but probably would listen to 3 QOTSA compared to 2 BMTH, and you can probably name all of those 5 songs which will tell you have big a fan I am lol. 

26 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Absolutely. I have no interest in it but Slam Dunk love an album show.

It's very delayed this Slam Dunk announcement and it's a little concerning they may not have got who they want. 

Could also be due to Embargo. Whether that’s an album announcement, tour finishing or something else