The most you’ve ever paid for a gig?

Hugh Jass II

6 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

around 400 pesos (about 80-85 pounds) to see Bjork, 2012, Biophilia residence in Buenos Aires. First row, seat 1 (center). I paid the same for 3 other dates in similar places. Saw her 4 times in a week. She was about 2 meters away from me. 

it was my favorite tour she's ever done.  I saw it a few times too.  I don't think that record gets enough love.  I only wish she. had bust out "Enjoy" on the tesla coil 

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

Wonder if part of that can come with picturesque venues. Red Rocks looks like such an amazing venue but I saw some tix for Arctic Monkeys there being resold for over $1,000 and I imagine other artists playing there can have their resales having a Red Rocks premium.

I've seen pictures of The Gorge tbf. It does look like it'd be a really cool place to go.

I think also because America is really good at price gouging.  All this "freedom" we have (barf) is just an excuse to rip everyone off.  We can't even guarantee our citizens have clean drinking water, but ticketbastard can run amuck and charge whatever they like plus 40% fees.  Corporations get away with murder here

/rant. 

7 hours ago, clarkete said:

Were you there anyway or went there especially? 

Was it as great as you'd hope? 

I live here. And I’ve been lucky enough she always plays several shows when she comes down here. In 98 she did 2 shows, but I wasn’t into music yet. In the Volta tour she did 2 shows and I went to both. Then with biophilia she was going to play 7 times. 6 for the residence and once in a festival doing a more conventional set. I had tickets for every one of them but she cancelled the last two because of a vocal issue i think. 
A couple of months ago she played again but this time with the local philharmonic. 
every single time has been incredible, except the last one which was ok. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Olshansky said:

it was my favorite tour she's ever done.  I saw it a few times too.  I don't think that record gets enough love.  I only wish she. had bust out "Enjoy" on the tesla coil 

Yeah, I have such fond memories of those shows. I don’t know anybody that really likes her so I went alone to all of them. In a way it’s better because it let me enjoy them fully. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/24/2023 at 1:15 PM, Suprefan said:

I mean the taylor quotes are just rough but expected.

The wildest parts were that the biggest problems didnt even get addressed.  They kept talking about "bots" as if they are the only that keeps things from being fair.  I know things are different in the UK, but here in the US, ticketmaster acts as not only vendor but also the resale vendor through backdoor contracts.  The "good" tickets almost never get put in the pool for regular buyers to have the option of purchasing.  And then there's dynamic pricing.  It's all the worst parts of capitalism run amuck 

26 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

The wildest parts were that the biggest problems didnt even get addressed.  They kept talking about "bots" as if they are the only that keeps things from being fair.  I know things are different in the UK, but here in the US, ticketmaster acts as not only vendor but also the resale vendor through backdoor contracts.  The "good" tickets almost never get put in the pool for regular buyers to have the option of purchasing.  And then there's dynamic pricing.  It's all the worst parts of capitalism run amuck 

I never expected anything of substance to come out of this anyway. Just like The John Oliver video where he calls out some bs. He didnt have enough time to show you the things that matter. I wouldve also have liked to have seen some blame put on Taylor too, but she is supposedly innocent here which is bullshit. Artists are just as complicit in this. There was some other analysis yesterday on news programs but its the wrong people talking about stuff. And they didnt even have the right people testifying when it came to the indie folks. 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

I never expected anything of substance to come out of this anyway. Just like The John Oliver video where he calls out some bs. He didnt have enough time to show you the things that matter. I wouldve also have liked to have seen some blame put on Taylor too, but she is supposedly innocent here which is bullshit. Artists are just as complicit in this. There was some other analysis yesterday on news programs but its the wrong people talking about stuff. And they didnt even have the right people testifying when it came to the indie folks. 

Totally.  No ethical way to become a billionaire, as they say.  I might be wrong, but when it comes to the dynamic pricing thing, I think artists have to agree to it happening but they may not know the final pricing amount or to what degree the costs go up.  But given Taylor's history with contracts, she is most certainly reading all the fine print 

4 hours ago, Olshansky said:

Totally.  No ethical way to become a billionaire, as they say.  I might be wrong, but when it comes to the dynamic pricing thing, I think artists have to agree to it happening but they may not know the final pricing amount or to what degree the costs go up.  But given Taylor's history with contracts, she is most certainly reading all the fine print 

Management will tell them. And yes artists have to agree. I have specifically seen it. I mentioned this a while ago somewhere else but Weird Al when he did his b sides tour last year had it in the ticket deal that no platinum or dynamic tickets be put into place anywhere. So theyre well aware.

speaking of insanity. Rbd which is a mexican pop group reunited and their onsale has been happening since the hearing yesterday. Tickets selling like crazy. And same old issues. People cant get verified fan codes, cant check out properly. Prices too high. Yet its selling. This was for vip 2 tickets. Theyve sold al of em

06DBAC41-D942-4440-ABB3-7BF5E5E85030.jpeg