Bluedot 2023

OhHell

Two of the stages are tents, plus the talks are held in a separate large tent. The disco tent is part covered.

I’m hoping the forecast changes. I doubt we’re getting a heatwave but patchy rain like we’ve had recently would be just fine at this stage. We still enjoyed 2019 and 2022 but a third one in the rain would be a bummer.

17 hours ago, onemoresolo said:

Two of the stages are tents, plus the talks are held in a separate large tent. The disco tent is part covered.

I’m hoping the forecast changes. I doubt we’re getting a heatwave but patchy rain like we’ve had recently would be just fine at this stage. We still enjoyed 2019 and 2022 but a third one in the rain would be a bummer.

There is still a week to go, plenty of time for it to improve i reckon

Granted there will be some rain but if we can lose the “its going to rain all day morning till night non stop” then thats a huge improvement

• Like 1

Info packs are out. Main thing is alcohol must be brought in on the first run from the car park...

There’s no need for you to bring everything with you from your car to the campsites in one go, re-entry at bluedot is permitted.

Our only stipulation is that any alcohol that you bring into bluedot needs to come in on your first entry. Anyone found to be bringing alcohol in on subsequent entries to the show may have it confiscated.

3 hours ago, Memory Man said:

There is still a week to go, plenty of time for it to improve i reckon

Granted there will be some rain but if we can lose the “its going to rain all day morning till night non stop” then thats a huge improvement

I've just bought a new raincoat and a tarp for the tent so the forecast is bound to improve now.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Nickyboy said:

Thanks Memory Man - excellent job.  I'll be using this rather than the dark blue thingy on the Bluedot site.  Any more tweeks or does it all tie up?

I think there is a second “core” clashfinder which is not this one, which may have 1 or 2 extra stages on it (science / kids, not music) but it should be good to go bar any last minute changes

27 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

I think there is a second “core” clashfinder which is not this one, which may have 1 or 2 extra stages on it (science / kids, not music) but it should be good to go bar any last minute changes

Excellent - I'll probably wait until Tuesday or Wednesday anyway to print - travelling up on Thursday

Looks like we're back to the 2019 layout for the campervans, which for me is better than last year when we were over the railway line and getting searched every time we crossed the bridge, security wouldn't even let me through with less than a half of cider in a pint cup, like I'm gonna nurse it for the next 8 hours.

Chairs are not allowed in the "arena" , which is not great as I am now 72 and I don't fancy standing up for several hours. I'd be interested in what other people's experiences have been regarding this and how they have coped. Are the things with no legs but have a base to sit on and a back-rest allowed?

I'd also welcome information on the journey from the Blue car park to general camping areas (and any hints on those areas). Thanks.

12 hours ago, Bob Gordon said:

Chairs are not allowed in the "arena" , which is not great as I am now 72 and I don't fancy standing up for several hours. I'd be interested in what other people's experiences have been regarding this and how they have coped. Are the things with no legs but have a base to sit on and a back-rest allowed?

I'd also welcome information on the journey from the Blue car park to general camping areas (and any hints on those areas). Thanks.

I think they were letting people in with chairs during the day last year, it was only when it got busy later on that they stopped it and told people with chairs to stop using them so maybe there's some of your hours covered.

Can't answer the car park camping as we stay in a van.

15 hours ago, timeforheroes said:

Does anyone have any experience with taxis on a day ticket? Is there a designated pickup point? 

The info on the website just lists some very local taxi numbers with no other info, such as a location to get collected,

It will be either at the main entrance from the car park or somewhere within the car park. Its not a big place, stewards or security will be able to direct you

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Weather has now gone totally dry on friday but very wet on saturday, showers on sunday…..

time for it to change again still….

I'm convinced Blue Dot have shares in Gore Tex, I'm hoping that this new pair of boots (La Sportiva) are actually waterproof rather than the sh*t North Face ones I got last year that lulled me into a false sense for the first half hour 😑

1 hour ago, Nickyboy said:

Forecast isn't great is it? Let's hope we get some dry spells at least. See you all there. Enjoy

There should be plenty of cover & seating under cover if their latest email is anything to go by. 

at least only the main stage is fully open air. Think day tickets will have done better for the saturday so you might get people in music stages just using them for shelter rather than to watch the artist which can be quite annoying…

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

There should be plenty of cover & seating under cover if their latest email is anything to go by. 

at least only the main stage is fully open air. Think day tickets will have done better for the saturday so you might get people in music stages just using them for shelter rather than to watch the artist which can be quite annoying…

Thanks for the info. I do want to see three sets on the main stage on Saturday but it helps to know there will be shelter space in between.

A very wet site now, some areas, e.g. near toilets in main camping field are inches deep and there are now barriers to deter folk from attempting to cross the worst areas. There have been attempts to spread tons of wood chips across high traffic areas but it's pretty bad. Numbers of people muttering "enough is enough" while attempting to carry their stuff to the car park. A great shame for the organisers.

You can't really do anything to stop rain. My experience at Bluedot today was fine. On the mud scale, I've had a much worse experience in Belgium, where I had mud up to my knees, which would solidify and make it impossible to even walk.

Edited by emmanuel