Bluedot 2023

OhHell

18 hours ago, Memory Man said:

End of the road is, overall, a better festival - having been to both.

bluedot has larger singular artist names but feels a bit like “a gig in a field” rather than a cohesive whole festival like EoTR does

however bluedot is cheaper and a lot less far to travel if youre northern

Depends how arsed you are but you can take your own drinks around freely at EoTR too. You can sneak them in at bluedot but not having that hassle is such a bonus

Thanks for the info, will almost certainly be giving it a go with that Bluedot line up. Bluedot have blocked me on social media for saying the line up was a bit disappointing which seems quite petty. 

33 minutes ago, Tjdj said:

Thanks for the info, will almost certainly be giving it a go with that Bluedot line up. Bluedot have blocked me on social media for saying the line up was a bit disappointing which seems quite petty. 

Haha that is petty!

You wont regret end of the road. Even if some of the top names arent to your liking there is loads to do and see. And the best silent disco ever. There is no better festival for up & coming artists / bands that i’ve seen, so if you are open to seeing new stuff & listening to the playlist in advance you’ll find some  new faves and gems

1 hour ago, Bob Gordon said:

Has anyone paid for Blue Dot's VIPpass. £100 seems a lot to pay, is it worth it and is it near a stage?

The VIP pass doesn't get you any closer to the stages, it just gives you access to this little VIP area on the site.  Has a bar, seats, and some food stalls. Also they had free unlimited tea and cofee which was nice! But its nothing special, not sure i'd pay £100 for it

Well, bought 2 weekend tickets, 2 Thursday add-ons and 2 VIP tickets this morning, plus of course a weekend parking ticket. That's the most that I have ever spent on a festival! 

Has anyone on here done VIP and if so what did they think, it is a lot of money and the BD website isn't too clear on what is provided?

Got a market research from Bluedot today asking whether I'd booked or not, what I was looking forward to, etc. Told them I'm waiting for splits to see whether it's worth swapping out my Tramlines ticket. 

Wonder if they're not selling as many as they hoped, but then what idiot company (SuperStruct) schedules two festivals on the same weekend, just across the Pennines from each other! Not to mention clashing with Latitude. Seems very bad planning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...