Deer Shed 2023

Frandango

Didn't know the Delgados were back together! Although, Emma Pollock did play Deer Shed a few years ago.

Lots of returnees this year (PSB, Gaz Coombes, The Big Moon, This is the Kit, Dream Wife, Gwenno, Rae Morris, Skinny Pelembe and Rozi Plain) but all ones I've enjoyed seeing there in the past.

Lots of big names there so I suspect it will only be undercard left. Typically, you're looking at about 60 artists so there's approximately about half the line-up there.

Hope W H Lung finally make it there this year!

• 1 month later...

Hi.

due to kid Moz being disabled enough to warrant a free carer's ticket (?!), we are going to Deer Shed. Which is nice.

Sowhat's the skinny? I've heard its very kid friendly. But.....what about layout? food options? size of site? distance between stages? sound bleed issues? any hints & tips?

Thanks. If you know where to find a blooming site map too, that would be swell. 

Love to you all. x

I saved a somewhat fuzzy site map last year - this should at least give you an idea of the normal layout, although someone else might have a better version without the orange text boxes!

The two biggest stages (main stage plus In The Dock) alternate performance times, so there's never an issue with sound bleed between those two. Other stages are a bit further down the site towards the science/workshops area, might get more sound bleed down that end I guess but it's never been something I've massively noticed.

Word of warning: the silent disco that runs around midnight in the In The Dock tent ends up pretty loud because everyone sings along, so you'll definitely hear them if you're camped round the back of that tent! The site gets pretty quiet at night in general though, there's not much going on once the main stage headliner finishes.

It's a compact and very walkable site, won't take you too long to get from one stage to another unless there's some serious mud.

1916865107_DeerShed2022sitemap.PNG.cf3463041996b70265f1b1561a03bef5.PNG

On 1/25/2023 at 8:35 PM, retromoz said:

Hi.

due to kid Moz being disabled enough to warrant a free carer's ticket (?!), we are going to Deer Shed. Which is nice.

Sowhat's the skinny? I've heard its very kid friendly. But.....what about layout? food options? size of site? distance between stages? sound bleed issues? any hints & tips?

Thanks. If you know where to find a blooming site map too, that would be swell. 

Love to you all. x

have a read of the reviews

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/deershed/reviews.shtml

• 1 month later...

Few more names announced for this yesterday, including James Yorkston & Nina Persson, English Teacher, Steve Davis & Kavus Torabi, Divorce. 

May just be my personal taste but the lineup seems way weaker than previous years. I know old lineups can look good in hindsight when artists have blown up since, but last year's lineup looks about twice as good as this year's. Bit disappointed as I was hoping to be persuaded to go this year, but I'm just not feeling it based on the lineup

9 hours ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Few more names announced for this yesterday, including James Yorkston & Nina Persson, English Teacher, Steve Davis & Kavus Torabi, Divorce. 

May just be my personal taste but the lineup seems way weaker than previous years. I know old lineups can look good in hindsight when artists have blown up since, but last year's lineup looks about twice as good as this year's. Bit disappointed as I was hoping to be persuaded to go this year, but I'm just not feeling it based on the lineup

It doesn't feel like a "big" lineup, but I really like it. I think it's just more signs of bookers struggling a bit this year.

Divorce are fantastic though. A bit like Big Thief, but with bigger choruses. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, we are really looking forward to coming to deer shed this year for the first time. I have a bit of a nit picky question and wonder if you may be able to help -we have previously taken our fairly small tent with a gazebo over the front to make a cooking area and give us somewhere to sit in the rain when our neurodiverse eldest needs space in the tent. 

Just seen it says No gazebos on the website.... is this quite strict? Is it due to space being tight?

Thanks for any info! 

Siân 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 7:30 AM, Siân123 said:

Hello, we are really looking forward to coming to deer shed this year for the first time. I have a bit of a nit picky question and wonder if you may be able to help -we have previously taken our fairly small tent with a gazebo over the front to make a cooking area and give us somewhere to sit in the rain when our neurodiverse eldest needs space in the tent. 

Just seen it says No gazebos on the website.... is this quite strict? Is it due to space being tight?

Thanks for any info! 

Siân 

Depends where you camp. If you keep walking from the carpark towards the actual deer shed there was loads of room last year. Some folk had gazebos - wasn't a problem. 

If you park up at Gate 1 at 1 minute past door opening and plonk it in the closest camping field I'd imagine someone will say something. 

The spot near the deer shed is actually very nice too - lots of quiet loos and a fairly direct route into the back of the arena. 

If you do camp there look for an Innocent Men flag and come say hi if you like!

My first Deer Shed. Not unpleasant at all.

Mind you.......instead of it being a 'music festival with added bits in it' it was....a kids weekend fete with added music. Which, for me personally, is the wrong way round.

Still.....Ditz were top. As were Sprints. Missed Delgados due to my partner being SO sick, but will see them at Green Man.

What else?......I want more Beowolf lager thanks. And disc golf is great.