Hospitality tickets

MB1234

Hey. I'm aware that most of the hospitality tickets go to staff from the BBC, Guardian, various record labels , talent agencies etc, which get a certain allocation, but I wondered if in February you can also apply for one as an individual who works in the media? And if so what the chances of getting one are? Has anyone managed to get one this way, ie by yourself and not 'through work'? Thanks

5 hours ago, MB1234 said:

Hey. I'm aware that most of the hospitality tickets go to staff from the BBC, Guardian, various record labels , talent agencies etc, which get a certain allocation, but I wondered if in February you can also apply for one as an individual who works in the media? And if so what the chances of getting one are? Has anyone managed to get one this way, ie by yourself and not 'through work'? Thanks

So, I’ve never applied for glasto hospitality/press tickets myself but I’ve applied for a lot of other festivals in the past - both as staff and as a freelancer (I’m a copywriter now so don’t worry 😂)

I have friends who work for national press and not a single soul I know has managed to get in as press. My brother also works in music logistics and always used to get me tickets/backstage passes when I was younger. I asked him about glasto and he basically told me no chance.

It may be different now but typically you’ll need to have solid commissions, be pretty much working and have audience stats etc to prove it. Not all the time but certainly as an individual.  You won’t be able to just apply as a member of the press to just go, if that makes sense? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MB1234 said:

They're available to genuine workers. Easiest way to get one is to make friends with someone who works at a record company, as record companies often sell spares off to staff. 

9 hours ago, MB1234 said:

If you've got a commission to cover it you can submit for accreditation here once it opens: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/contact/press/

As others have mentioned, chances are pretty slim though.

2 hours ago, DeanoL said:

If you've got a commission to cover it you can submit for accreditation here once it opens: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/contact/press/

As others have mentioned, chances are pretty slim though.

there's very limited entrance tickets available from press, mostly they upgrade punter tickets to hospitality.

'hospitality' is a waste of time, the most unexciting place at the festival.

4 hours ago, Neil said:

there's very limited entrance tickets available from press, mostly they upgrade punter tickets to hospitality.

Apart from the clean toilets, various cut throughs, central camping that you can rock up to when you like, numerous back stage bars & easy queue free entry (with no searches). Also think it would be invaluable if it was a wet weekend. 

4 hours ago, Neil said:

Years ago I just slapped a NME sticker over my normal lanyard and just strolled in.

Wandered around for half an hour or so before getting bored and never went back.

22 minutes ago, donshakey said:

Apart from the clean toilets, various cut throughs, central camping that you can rock up to when you like, numerous back stage bars & easy queue free entry (with no searches). Also think it would be invaluable if it was a wet weekend. 

The bar in the interstage area is pretty dull though isn't it? I don't believe that hospitality tickets grant admission to any of the other backstage bars do they (Green rooms or crew bars)? 

1 minute ago, sadimmock said:

The bar in the interstage area is pretty dull though isn't it? I don't believe that hospitality tickets grant admission to any of the other backstage bars do they (Green rooms or crew bars)? 

most crew bars let in people with hospitality wristband

4 hours ago, Neil said:

I did once see Gary Numan playing a teeny tiny saxophone in a press area once. That was probably the most exciting thing though. Ooh and free Nescafé. 

15 hours ago, sadimmock said:

That one is pretty dull. Some of the smaller ones are pretty good for a late night drink.