Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

1 hour ago, doogie said:

Did you go in through a direct link to the coach page or via the normal glastonbury.seetickets.com?

My theory is if you don't go in via the normal page, you don't receive a vital cookie and eventually get bumped to the holding page whilst locking out the registrations.

Same question to @LR10416

I think it was the direct page. 

17 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Exactly the same happened to me. When you were then refreshing the the holding page, did you get a pop up about resubmitting a form?

Once I got kicked to holding, I tried to click back once to the previous page, which worked but then the proceed button froze/was greyed out so I couldn't go back forward again. Clicked back again and got the resubmit form page. Clicked back forward and then got holding again which I then tried to refresh and basically just stayed on holding from there.

another question...

what's the PROCEED situation this time..? 

In the past the rule has been that when you press 'PROCEED' you usually don't get through first time and it's then advised you do not press refresh, instead, at this stage, press the BACK ARROW on the browser. 

IS THIS STILL THE RULE?

23 minutes ago, svphie said:

I'd also be up for it, not sure how this works though but is it a group of lots of groups ..? got a group of 4 people I'm trying for.

One of you needs to do a lot of coordination work - set up a separate group 6 page here [let people know you exist and beg for extra support] - tell everyone to DM you(/that person) with details like reg numbers and postcodes, and telephone numbers [to start a whatsapp group].  Then get all the reg and postcodes onto a google docs that you can share with everyone, and try to get everyone into as few groups as possible on the spreadsheet (i.e. more groups of 4 is better), but everyone has to be comfortable as lead bookers forks out a lot of money!

@Crazyfool01 - any idea if there is a really well written-out post re. what people need to do if they're setting this up?  [otherwise good first post on here re how they are coordinating things:

Edited by p.pete
  • Upvote 1

Hey, is this just the general mega resale thread?

I don’t want to steal helpers from any individual groups so delete if it’s in the wrong chat.

Just checking around to see if there are any more volunteers looking to help on Sunday? We’re after a few more for group 3. We’ll definitely pay back the kindness in pints or burgers on the farm. 

6 minutes ago, lobo said:

Hey, is this just the general mega resale thread?

I don’t want to steal helpers from any individual groups so delete if it’s in the wrong chat.

Just checking around to see if there are any more volunteers looking to help on Sunday? We’re after a few more for group 3. We’ll definitely pay back the kindness in pints or burgers on the farm. 

Definitely the right place - help needed in group 5 too! 😛  

Edited by p.pete
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

another question...

what's the PROCEED situation this time..? 

In the past the rule has been that when you press 'PROCEED' you usually don't get through first time and it's then advised you do not press refresh, instead, at this stage, press the BACK ARROW on the browser. 

IS THIS STILL THE RULE?

Back arrow booted my husband out of the page yesterday. He was trying to change to Thursday coaches as Wednesday was full. 

12 minutes ago, lobo said:

Cheers mate. Good luck group 5 🤟🤞

Good luck to them all! 

What's main sale for 2024 going to be like?  I reckon efests could easily have 1,000+ in one supergroup or 20+ smaller groups - I'm still trying to think through what the benefit to either would be though.  No volunteers to help without wanting a ticket themselves probably

3 hours ago, doogie said:

Did you go in through a direct link to the coach page or via the normal glastonbury.seetickets.com?

My theory is if you don't go in via the normal page, you don't receive a vital cookie and eventually get bumped to the holding page whilst locking out the registrations.

Same question to @LR10416

Was anyone successful using the direct URL link rather than going through the main See tickets page? Seems alot of people got booted out either straight away or trying to confirm tickets using the link

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

One of you needs to do a lot of coordination work - set up a separate group 6 page here [let people know you exist and beg for extra support] - tell everyone to DM you(/that person) with details like reg numbers and postcodes, and telephone numbers [to start a whatsapp group].  Then get all the reg and postcodes onto a google docs that you can share with everyone, and try to get everyone into as few groups as possible on the spreadsheet (i.e. more groups of 4 is better), but everyone has to be comfortable as lead bookers forks out a lot of money!

@Crazyfool01 - any idea if there is a really well written-out post re. what people need to do if they're setting this up?  [otherwise good first post on here re how they are coordinating things:

There isn’t yet !!  That I’ve seen anyway 

26 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

There isn’t yet !!  That I’ve seen anyway 

Cool, I know you help coordinate a sizeable group/team for your tickets before this resale - feels like a bit of a learning process at the moment so bit of a minefield for anyone setting up a new group

ok some off the top of head tips ..... sale is fast now so helpers behind individuals is better as chances of getting in multiple times are lower , group watts apps silent from 5 min prior to sale . only chat is group 1 done etc , one or 2 people monitor watts app and turn spreadsheet green , people  move down the spreadsheet hitting the next group that hasn't turned green . spreadsheets locked down early yep sorry . and then everyone has a target to work to . keep adding people and you will always be fighting a moving target . the earlier you lock down the groups the more mates you make and the more of a team you become . I love my group to bits ... happy to use my card for any of them previously . team people up in 4s for sunday geographically if possible but if not then use a postal service or meet up . 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

ok some off the top of head tips ..... sale is fast now so helpers behind individuals is better as chances of getting in multiple times are lower , group watts apps silent from 5 min prior to sale . only chat is group 1 done etc , one or 2 people monitor watts app and turn spreadsheet green , people  move down the spreadsheet hitting the next group that hasn't turned green . spreadsheets locked down early yep sorry . and then everyone has a target to work to . keep adding people and you will always be fighting a moving target . the earlier you lock down the groups the more mates you make and the more of a team you become . I love my group to bits ... happy to use my card for any of them previously . team people up in 4s for sunday geographically if possible but if not then use a postal service or meet up . 

Are tickets going out to the person that pays then?

18 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

lead booker  as has always been the case with resales 

Not sure that's right.  I definitely remember a time (2017 I think) when a person outside my group of 4 got my group's tickets in the resale, then when I called See Tickets a few weeks later to see where the tickets were, they said they were being sent to the person who'd made the booking (i.e. the person who'd paid for the tickets).  It was okay though as the payer was able to change the delivery address to somebody in the group by calling See Tickets.

6 minutes ago, svphie said:

when do tickets usually get sent out?

Off the top of my head, mid-may at the very earliest, but takes several weeks for everything to get sent out from whenever they do start.

Royal Mail a bit fucked at the moment too - our postal votes took two weeks to be delivered and arrived the day after we were supposed to have returned them.  Presumably that's cheapest possible delivery method though and not to add (too much) to the panic.

2 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Off the top of my head, mid-may at the very earliest, but takes several weeks for everything to get sent out from whenever they do start.

Royal Mail a bit fucked at the moment too - our postal votes took two weeks to be delivered and arrived the day after we were supposed to have returned them.  Presumably that's cheapest possible delivery method though and not to add (too much) to the panic.

hopefully this will help 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65346232