Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Other than someone saying its GnR and tour dates. Is there anything else to suggest its them?

Some people in here are saying its Harry Styles and his tour dates match, but that info isn't correct? 

His dates don’t match. AM are on the Friday and he’s busy on the Saturday. Elton is headlining the Sunday. 

There’s never any evidence if you close your eyes and ears to all things pointing towards it.

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

This is exactly where I am with it. Also, I'm not sure what the reason would be to hold back an announcement for Arctic Monkeys. GnR I can understand as they have BST tickets to shift but the AM tour sold out months ago. I dunno, part of me still thinks there's an ace in those denim shorts

They hold back announcements till the poster every year. They probably want some headliners in the mix for when the full thing drops. I don’t think there’s anything more to it.

Just under 10 years ago we pretty much got nothing until we got the full thing. Them letting us know headliners as soon as they can is a relatively new thing.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yes absolutely and i alluded to that earlier .... I like to see good discussion and thats where we are until things get fully confirmed . it is the best info we have , no doubt of that ... doesnt mean discussion should stop ... the importance is that people feel free to suggest or DM info because as we know things do change 

No one is saying discussion should stop - but when we get an idea of what we are probably getting and it’s very hard to disprove it or challenge it, I dunno what you expect. 

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No one is saying discussion should stop - but when we get an idea of what we are probably getting and it’s very hard to disprove it or challenge it, I dunno what you expect. 

I would hope that  those with any experience of headliner threads  haven't entirely closed things off in December to keep exploring whats available ......  or what  might become available 

Edited by Crazyfool01

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I would hope that  those with any experience of headliner threads  haven't entirely closed things off in December to keep exploring whats available ......  or what  might become available 

Well obviously something crazy could happen. Elton could die. Axl and Slash could fall out again. Obviously we don’t know who is headlining until we see them on the stage.

But if we are talking about who is booked right now… you need to disprove AM and GNR before any other suggestion is taken seriously. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Matt42 said:

Well obviously something crazy could happen. Elton could die. Axl and Slash could fall out again. Obviously we don’t know who is headlining until we see them on the stage.

But if we are talking about who is booked right now… you need to disprove AM and GNR before any other suggestion is taken seriously. 

i dont need to disprove anyone is booked if I find a credible alternative ..... you also dont need to prove anyone is booked but it obviously helps 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

i dont need to disprove anyone is booked if I find a credible alternative ..... you also dont need to prove anyone is booked but it obviously helps 

Well if you’ve got info which is different to AM and GNR people are going to challenge it because it’s not what the consensus is.. the credibility of your source is going to be challenged. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Well if you’ve got info which is different to AM and GNR people are going to challenge it because it’s not what the consensus is.. the credibility of your source is going to be challenged. 

ive no horses in any races ... was told it was harry which is still possible with AM sat .... challenge away 🙂 .... They also had Elton correct for sunday ..... again it looks like it will be rough blokes suggestion is correct ... ive no idea on my source reliability but it fits just about still . so im happy to stick with it as an outside chance at the moment 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Not sure where to go with this … but what about the Elton confirm seems a decent starter 

Just passing on what I've heard. We'll have to see who's right when the lineup drops. The Elton info might be a troll from the festival.

38 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

@mike46 and @DeanoL if you can't say what you've heard about the headliners can you at least say if Harry Styles is involved?

Or failing that the genres of the remaining acts?

Harry wasn’t brought up in what I’d heard. I was told AM Saturday and then the other I would class as pop, although that feels a bit of a disservice. 

As I said though, while they would definitely know, I feel they were just trying to big themselves up. They might be right, they might have misunderstood and it’s actually for ‘24, or it might have once been true and has since fallen through. I don’t know and didn’t push it as no one else there cared - I only mentioned here as I personally think we’re far from a lock in, especially with a few more big tours still to be announced for next year. 

Off topic, but as no one’s mentioned him for a few pages. Everyone’s favourite nepo baby DJ is also lining up some massive shows which, if they end up signing for the number of nights they’re in talks for, will mean anyone who’s not seen him yet will definitely get a chance 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mike46 said:

Off topic, but as no one’s mentioned him for a few pages. Everyone’s favourite nepo baby DJ is also lining up some massive shows which, if they end up signing for the number of nights they’re in talks for, will mean anyone who’s not seen him yet will definitely get a chance 

More exciting than the headliner talk TBH. 

4 minutes ago, mike46 said:

Harry wasn’t brought up in what I’d heard. I was told AM Saturday and then the other I would class as pop, although that feels a bit of a disservice. 

As I said though, while they would definitely know, I feel they were just trying to big themselves up. They might be right, they might have misunderstood and it’s actually for ‘24, or it might have once been true and has since fallen through. I don’t know and didn’t push it as no one else there cared - I only mentioned here as I personally think we’re far from a lock in, especially with a few more big tours still to be announced for next year. 

Thanks Mike 

7 minutes ago, mike46 said:

Thanks for the info. No one will hold it against you if you are wrong

6 hours ago, VCK said:

Objectively speaking, AM, GNR and Elton is a top, top set of headliners. By far the biggest band in the country, plus two all time musical legends. Three immensely strong, undisputed headliners. And if they had Beyonce or Rihanna instead of any of those three I'd still be thinking the same.

I'm sorry that you can't look past an artist's skin colour or gender to appreciate this.

I literally said in the post you replied to "and I'm definitely not saying that it would not be a huge set of bookings" ???

what an odd thing to say regarding skin colour and gender. I'm saying I believe Emily will book more diverse, not less.