Download 2024

FeverDream

27 minutes ago, Heyzoos said:

Are we all taking A7X/FOB/QOTSA as cast iron now? Anyone out there still not given up hope that there might be another headliner in the mix? Surely someone can give us a decent alternative to hope for over the next few days at work...?

AX7 is pretty certain but I would not be surprised if QOTSA pop up as a sub. They aren't headlining at either Hellfest or Rock Am/Im. Plus Fall Out Boy not appearing in any other fest announcements yet.

Also it's probably irrelevant but I think have spotted someone on FB (not Lee) who leaked last year saying it's only 1/3 out of AX7/FOB/QOTSA. I'm certainly not taking that as any evidence though. 

Edited by Spiral_Low
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

AX7 is pretty certain but I would not be surprised if QOTSA pop up as a sub. They aren't headlining at either Hellfest or Rock Am/Im. Plus Fall Out Boy not appearing in any other fest announcements yet.

Also it's probably irrelevant but I think have spotted someone on FB (not Lee) who leaked last year saying it's only 1/3 out of AX7/FOB/QOTSA. I'm certainly not taking that as any evidence though. 

I'd be surprised (although happy) if it ended up being Avenged and two other headliners and Queens are infact subbing and FoB aren't there at all. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Marka23 said:

I'd be surprised (although happy) if it ended up being Avenged and two other headliners and Queens are infact subbing and FoB aren't there at all. 

I think you know who I'm referring too btw (I reluctantly popped into the Download official forums and have seen they are active again). But like I said not reading too much into it, was a throwaway comments on one of Downloads FB posts in response to someone posting AX7/QOTSA/FOB.

Anyway....worth noting none of the fests you'd expect Pearl Jam to play (if they come to Europe) have announced yet.

And I'm still not convinced SOAD are ruled out....I think from now on their appearances will be few and far between and a one off show at Download would fit with Serj basically saying a few shows yes but a tour no. 

Something like:

AX7 / Machine Head

Pearl Jam / QOTSA

SOAD / Korn

Would be pretty 'strong'. 

1 minute ago, Spiral_Low said:

I think you know who I'm referring too btw (I reluctantly popped into the Download official forums and have seen they are active again). But like I said not reading too much into it, was a throwaway comments on one of Downloads FB posts in response to someone posting AX7/QOTSA/FOB.

Anyway....worth noting none of the fests you'd expect Pearl Jam to play (if they come to Europe) have announced yet.

And I'm still not convinced SOAD are ruled out....I think from now on their appearances will be few and far between and a one off show at Download would fit with Serj basically saying a few shows yes but a tour no. 

Something like:

AX7 / Machine Head

Pearl Jam / QOTSA

SOAD / Korn

I said before the 2024 on the Download font looks very Pearl Jam to me 😜

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Something like:

AX7 / Machine Head

Pearl Jam / QOTSA

SOAD / Korn

I've seen a few supposed 'leakers' on reddit also saying Avenged are the only one that's actually correct. I know it's unlikely but would be surprising if FoB and Queens were a red herring leak made to hide them having two big headliners 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nice to Michu said:

I said before the 2024 on the Download font looks very Pearl Jam to me 😜

Would be a brilliant booking! 

1 minute ago, Marka23 said:

I've seen a few supposed 'leakers' on reddit also saying Avenged are the only one that's actually correct. I know it's unlikely but would be surprising if FoB and Queens were a red herring leak made to hide them having two big headliners 

I can deffo see that being the case given last year's debacle (debacle from the fests point of view). And if QOTSA are subbing it wouldn't be a stretch to imply they were headliners to throw people off the scent. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Would be a brilliant booking! 

I can deffo see that being the case given last year's debacle (debacle from the fests point of view). And if QOTSA are subbing it wouldn't be a stretch to imply they were headliners to throw people off the scent. 

Only thing is people who said FoB and Queens are headlining were also told about the announcement on the 7th which we know is happening. Still hoping the headliner part is a red herring as it's a pretty underwhelming set of headliners. 

Regarding QOTSA and that they subbed last time they played. I've seen it mentioned a lot, especially on Reddit, last time they played they subbed so will sub again. 

It was ELEVEN years ago. 

The headliners already booked that year were Maiden, Rammstein and Slipknot.

They hadn't made the transition from Academy band in UK fully at that point.

They've since done 3 successful Arena UK tours and more mainstream albums and success. 

Any other 'rock' act that does that is headlining Download. They aren't doing a package tour like Slipknot did with Korn, they've virtually sold out an entire UK arena tour with some no name supports. Standing went in an instant. 

I understand they aren't everyone's cup of tea, but they're absolutely big enough. Doesn't matter what slot they're playing at other festivals in Euro

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Regarding QOTSA and that they subbed last time they played. I've seen it mentioned a lot, especially on Reddit, last time they played they subbed so will sub again. 

It was ELEVEN years ago. 

The headliners already booked that year were Maiden, Rammstein and Slipknot.

They hadn't made the transition from Academy band in UK fully at that point.

They've since done 3 successful Arena UK tours and more mainstream albums and success. 

Any other 'rock' act that does that is headlining Download. They aren't doing a package tour like Slipknot did with Korn, they've virtually sold out an entire UK arena tour with some no name supports. Standing went in an instant. 

I understand they aren't everyone's cup of tea, but they're absolutely big enough. Doesn't matter what slot they're playing at other festivals in Euro

There's still quite a few tickets available for their tour 

Oh and Pearl Jam, they said they would never play Download as they felt they didn't want to be playing a festival with the line ups Download has, they wanted more mainstream multi genre line ups, hence why they've played other Live Nation (and other promoters) UK festivals but never Download. 

So don't get your hopes up.

3 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Oh and Pearl Jam, they said they would never play Download as they felt they didn't want to be playing a festival with the line ups Download has, they wanted more mainstream multi genre line ups, hence why they've played other Live Nation (and other promoters) UK festivals but never Download. 

Don’t suppose you’ve got any info on the DL lineup like the old days, Mr Salt? 

Bit of an updated punt: 

Fall Out Boy / The Offspring / Enter Shikari / Bad Omens / Creeper / Atreyu / Static Dress 

Pantera / Bruce Dickinson 

Bury Tomorrow 

Crosses 

Queens of the Stone Age / Royal Blood / Electric Callboy / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Wargasm / Thy Art Is Murder / Cassyette

Five Finger Death Punch / Corey Taylor 

The Menzingers 

Fear Factory 

Avenged Sevenfold / Machine Head / Babymetal / Beartooth / Mudvayne / LVNDMARKS / Employed To Serve 

Avril Lavigne / Billy Talent 

Dropkick Murphys 

Biohazard 

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Bit of an updated punt: 

Fall Out Boy / The Offspring / Enter Shikari / Bad Omens / Creeper / Atreyu / Static Dress 

Bury Tomorrow 

Crosses 

Queens of the Stone Age / Royal Blood / Electric Callboy / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Wargasm / Thy Art Is Murder / Cassyette

The Menzingers 

Fear Factory 

Avenged Sevenfold / Machine Head / Babymetal / Beartooth / Mudvayne / LVNDMARKS / Employed To Serve 

Dropkick Murphys 

Biohazard 

I don't think Avril and Billy Talent is enough to convince weekend ticket buyers. I was as big Fall Out Boy and The Offspring fan as they come and I wouldn't make the effort to go back a day for Mudvayne, Billy and Avril. I'd be more likely to miss the Friday completely.

16 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Bit of an updated punt: 

Bury Tomorrow 

Crosses 

The Menzingers 

Fear Factory 

Dropkick Murphys 

Biohazard 

Stacked! Beartooth for Babymetal imo.

26 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

why/how were they booked in 2013 if this is true? 

39 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Pearl Jam were booked in 2013 but dropped out when Vodaphone leaked the announcement 

7 minutes ago, Marka23 said:

Pearl Jam were booked in 2013 but dropped out when Vodaphone leaked the announcement 

I don’t know that’s 100% accurate, Vodaphone did leak the announcement but I think Pearl Jam pulled out last minute because they canned the first leg of the tour & didn’t come to Europe until the year after. 

Point still stands though, they were booked. 

Interesting to note that from the Rock Am Ring FB announcement AX7 and QOTSA marketed as German festival exclusives whereas some of the others as German 2024 exclusives. Machine Head and Kreator marketed as neither. Implies all 4 have German dates other than fests coming up and Machine Head and Kreator might also do other German fests.