Download 2024

FeverDream

Maybe outside of the UK in other European countries they just vote with their wallet more. Like maybe if something is too expensive they just won’t go whereas tours and festivals just seem to sell out over here regardless of price. If Brits are happy to pay 200-300 quid for sub standard headliners and the corporations can make a profit then why wouldn’t they? If Rock Am Ring came out with FOB, A7X and QOTSA maybe it just wouldn’t sell tickets. 

Edited by foolee

16 minutes ago, foolee said:

Maybe outside of the UK in other European countries they just vote with their wallet more. Like maybe if something is too expensive they just won’t go whereas tours and festivals just seem to sell out over here regardless of price. If Brits are happy to pay 200-300 quid for sub standard headliners and the corporations can make a profit then why wouldn’t they? If Rock Am Ring came out with FOB, A7X and QOTSA maybe it just wouldn’t sell tickets. 

True but it's better choice too. Germany has sooooo many festivals plus they can just drive or get the train to multiple others across Europe for cheaper than it takes us in the UK to travel a couple of hours.

Like I said I miss Sonisphere and the choice it created. I would love a new mid size festival like half way between Bloodstock and Download where we could have bands like A Perfect Circle, Rob Zombie, Evanescence, Ghost, Placebo etc headline. All the bands that currently do logo slots but not headline at Download. That's what they get in mainland Europe that we don't, which I think is partly why like you say they vote with their wallet. I know we have ArcTanGent and 2000 Trees too but they are deffo on the smaller side, which is great but I think we really need that mid size fest. 

47 minutes ago, foolee said:

If Download book them 3 as headliners you will grab tickets later for a weekend insanely cheap.

16 hours ago, northernangel said:

To put it a bit more blunt for you guys to understand. A string or stadium or stadium levels gigs rules them out of download! 

Screenshot_20231020_233222_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231020_233231_Chrome.jpg

I’m not sure we should be considering info that comes from an article describing Green Day as ‘a reunited 90s band’

Im pretty sure that they were as big in the 2000s as the 90s and, more importantly,they haven’t split up to be able to reunite. Haha.

30 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I’m not sure we should be considering info that comes from an article describing Green Day as ‘a reunited 90s band’

Im pretty sure that they were as big in the 2000s as the 90s and, more importantly,they haven’t split up to be able to reunite. Haha.

Plus they formed in 1987 not the 90's 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, northernangel said:

Because Download isn't a festival that sells out, let's lone regularly so they've got to put thousands and thousands of tickets on sale for stadium shows and then still sell tickets for that band at a festival with predominantly booked metal bands. The difference with RAR and such like is they actually booked a more varied Rock lineup.

Andy is still too scared that if he misses out on a Maiden on their festival run and someone like Sonisphere get them that it'll be an issue again.

Sonisphere is dead and there aren't really any other festivals they could play 

1 hour ago, Marka23 said:

Noticing a few on the subreddit saying they have 'sources'. Apparently getting an announcement on radio 1 on 6th November. 

99% of these people have no source and are just using history to figure out things so if it comes true they look to have legitimacy. I spoke to someone I know who’s done graphic design work in the past for livenation and apparently they’ve heard the poster is ready to go but that’s as close to any news I’ve heard  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Mammothmonprophecies said:

99% of these people have no source and are just using history to figure out things so if it comes true they look to have legitimacy. I spoke to someone I know who’s done graphic design work in the past for livenation and apparently they’ve heard the poster is ready to go but that’s as close to any news I’ve heard  

I'd expect the poster to be ready since we're likely getting the announcement within the next week or two. 

11 hours ago, Marka23 said:

Noticing a few on the subreddit saying they have 'sources'. Apparently getting an announcement on radio 1 on 6th November. 

Spotted that person claiming it's cuz of the types of bands, but saying only 1 out of the 3 you guessed which if true would presume means AX7. Just working on idea they are telling the truth (no indication they are though) going what they are saying it would heavily imply Green Day. 

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

Spotted that person claiming it's cuz of the types of bands, but saying only 1 out of the 3 you guessed which if true would presume means AX7. Just working on idea they are telling the truth (no indication they are though) going what they are saying it would heavily imply Green Day. 

If what they're saying is true then it's probably Avenged Sevenfold, Green Day and one other band. If System and Muse are apparently ruled out who could the 3rd band be?

If they're announcing on radio 1 in the morning (a first as it's usually in the evening when they've announced using radio 1) then it would have to be a radio 1 friendly band. 

8 minutes ago, Marka23 said:

If what they're saying is true then it's probably Avenged Sevenfold, Green Day and one other band. If System and Muse are apparently ruled out who could the 3rd band be?

If they're announcing on radio 1 in the morning (a first as it's usually in the evening when they've announced using radio 1) then it would have to be a radio 1 friendly band. 

Well not necessarily a radio 1 type band but maybe a very well known one. RATM and Pearl Jam both fit that bill. Both are expected to be active next year too (presuming RATM pick up where they left off). Also no one seems to be considering perhaps QOTSA name keeps coming up cuz they are actually a sub? 

Edited by Spiral_Low

3 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Well not necessarily a radio 1 type band but maybe a very well known one. RATM and Pearl Jam both fit that bill. Both are expected to be active next year too (presuming RATM pick up where they left off). Also no one seems to be considering perhaps QOTSA name keeps coming up cuz they are actually a sub? 

I can see it being RATM as Pearl Jam are rumoured to be doing stadiums next year. QOTSA could definitely be subbing again or headlining 2nd stage. A trio of A7X/Green Day/RATM would be great.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Fall Out Boy are a Radio 1 band. 

Well we are speculating on the hypothetical that the guy on Reddit is telling the truth (not believing, just speculating). As he said 1/3 of AX7, FOB and QOTSA then if it were FOB then that would mean no AX7, which is one everyone seems certain about. 

1 minute ago, Spiral_Low said:

Well we are speculating on the hypothetical that the guy on Reddit is telling the truth (not believing, just speculating). As he said 1/3 of AX7, FOB and QOTSA then if it were FOB then that would mean no AX7, which is one everyone seems certain about. 

With A7X on the download forum someone on there has apparently had it self confirmed by the band that they're playing as they have a friend that saw them earlier in the year and asked them during a meet and greet.

If what the Reddit guy is saying is true then that means no Fall Out Boy unless they're subbing Green Day like they did during the stadium run. 

Just now, Marka23 said:

With A7X on the download forum someone on there has apparently had it self confirmed by the band that they're playing as they have a friend that saw them earlier in the year and asked them during a meet and greet.

If what the Reddit guy is saying is true then that means no Fall Out Boy unless they're subbing Green Day like they did during the stadium run. 

AX7 / Sabaton / Spiritbox 

Green Day / FOB / Weezer 

RATM / QOTSA / Gojira

With Opus being:

Rob Zombie / Babymetal

Machine Head / In Flames

Enter Shikari / Sleep Token

Clash on Fri/Sat, no clash on Sun. That would sell well. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

AX7 / Sabaton / Spiritbox 

Green Day / FOB / Weezer 

RATM / QOTSA / Gojira

With Opus being:

Rob Zombie / Babymetal

Machine Head / In Flames

Enter Shikari / Sleep Token

Clash on Fri/Sat, no clash on Sun. That would sell well. 

I can see that selling very well. 

• Upvote 1